Less Alcohol - NOVEMBER 2019 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,596 Member
    Thank you all for sharing your stories. It’s truly an honor to hear them.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,546 Member
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 15 - AF
    November 16 - A bunch of red wine (not my drink of choice) at a girlfriend's who invited me for Lasagna. Although I had one glass or two glasses each night in Dallas, it made me feel lovely. Did not feel lovely, thought that I was going to puke, did not feel well in the morning.
    November 17 - AF
    November 18 - AF
    November 19 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I like my decision to allow myself drinks on stressful Tuesdays, I haven't always had drinks on Tuesdays since starting this, but mostly.
    November 20 - AF - getting towards that 16-20 AF days : - )
    November 21 - AF - really really felt like having drinks, had a long stressful workday. I managed to resist.
    November 22 - 3 drinks - I made a drink before I even got out of my work clothes today!
    November 23 - AF - 7 days left in the month only! That went by fast.
    November 24 - AF - planning on hitting the 16th AF day for the month tomorrow. If I could keep up putting 2 AF days in between drinks days I would be good with that plan.
    November 25 - AF - Happy to make it to 16AF days. Tomorrow, Tuesday, is my designated drinks day, but I am going out to the Ballet on Wednesday so don't want to look all puffy and haggard and bloated so I will try to skip my drinks day.

Running tally 16AF days out of 25 days so far.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    I can’t remember who upthread was asking about decent NA wines. I have never found one, but, this has been showing up in my Facebook feed quite a bit lately.

https://www.dryfarmwines.com/

Not alcohol free but lower alcohol content and lower sulfites so it might be a good alternative for folks practicing mindful moderation as I try to.

I’m not ready to make a 6 bottle purchase commitment but if anyone does try it I would be interested in your review.

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,547 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    I can’t remember who upthread was asking about decent NA wines. I have never found one, but, this has been showing up in my Facebook feed quite a bit lately.

https://www.dryfarmwines.com/

Not alcohol free but lower alcohol content and lower sulfites so it might be a good alternative for folks practicing mindful moderation as I try to.

I’m not ready to make a 6 bottle purchase commitment but if anyone does try it I would be interested in your review.

@WinoGelato I get the same coming thru on my FB. Also those tiny test tube samples of 12 wines you can by. YOWZER those are expensive sips to sample. Good thing I do not like wine.🙄
    Nice to hear from you. 😁
  • MissMay
    I've not been AF for many weeks, backsliding, depression. Need to get back in the game TODAY. I was feeling so good being AF, miss it and want it back!
    Here is a little jump start for you to get back on your track.
    wkrm4eta34yx.jpg
  • globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,516 Member
    Wonderful, thanks! Appreciate all the motivation and encouragement!!
  • MissMay
    edited November 2019
    @SanDiegofitmom whacha gonna put in that pie dish??? Enjoy your AF beer.

I just made a pumpkin eggnog cheese cake. 🙄
  • dawnbgethealthy
    My goal is 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I didn't get there in October, ended up with 10 or 11AF days. Daily drinking is so very easy to slip back into!

November 15 - AF
    November 16 - A bunch of red wine (not my drink of choice) at a girlfriend's who invited me for Lasagna. Although I had one glass or two glasses each night in Dallas, it made me feel lovely. Did not feel lovely, thought that I was going to puke, did not feel well in the morning.
    November 17 - AF
    November 18 - AF
    November 19 - Tuesday, 3 drinks. I like my decision to allow myself drinks on stressful Tuesdays, I haven't always had drinks on Tuesdays since starting this, but mostly.
    November 20 - AF - getting towards that 16-20 AF days : - )
    November 21 - AF - really really felt like having drinks, had a long stressful workday. I managed to resist.
    November 22 - 3 drinks - I made a drink before I even got out of my work clothes today!
    November 23 - AF - 7 days left in the month only! That went by fast.
    November 24 - AF - planning on hitting the 16th AF day for the month tomorrow. If I could keep up putting 2 AF days in between drinks days I would be good with that plan.
    November 25 - AF - Happy to make it to 16AF days. Tomorrow, Tuesday, is my designated drinks day, but I am going out to the Ballet on Wednesday so don't want to look all puffy and haggard and bloated so I will try to skip my drinks day.
    November 26 - 3 drinks. Tuesday. Didn't make it to my 4th AF day in a row, but maybe some day : - ) 14 hour day, like pretty much every Tuesday. No regrets.

Running tally 16AF days out of 26 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    edited November 2019
    MissMay wrote: »
    jc4meandu wrote: »
    I would like to share a sad true story about a dear friend of mine. He was a young man and like so many others thought he didn’t have a worry in world. I worked with him and his fiancée they were so sweet together beautiful couple. They had a 3 yr old daughter. I had invited them one Sunday night to hear me preach and God put on my heart that night about choices. I had no idea who the message was for but I mentioned about accidents and how we may not have the opportunity to accept Christ before our death. I even specifically mentioned how you could be involved with a drunk driver. Again I had no idea that 2 months later my dear precious freind would leave a party to go pick up his little girl with his fiancée and tragically hit a tree 2 miles from their home after picking up their daughter. The daughter was said to have been almost decapitated as she was thrown from vehicle. The mother in passenger seat thrown into windshield losing her life. The father who along with the mother were both emancipated he survived but not before seeing his little girl and fiancée both deceased in a horrible way. Those images have since been burnt in his mind to never be erased. He told me 1 week before he went to prison for vehicular manslaughter that hoe he wished he’d listened to me 2 months early about “choices”. This story saddens me so.....I plead with you all don’t let satan deceive into thinking social drinking is ok. One drink always leads to another. Society wants to show you on tv how drinking is ok and fun. You see people laughing having a good time. But they don’t show you the endless nights of vomiting and the violence it brings out of people. satan came to steak kill and destroy people. Jesus came to save you and love you. I’m not here to push religion or condemn anyone. Jesus came not to condemn but to save us. I simply encourage you to come to Jesus and place your faith in him and what he did for you at the cross. You may say I’ve tried but failed over and over. If you keep your faith in him and him alone and say Lord I can’t do it by myself but by faith in you what you did for me at the cross I will have victory! Don’t give up!!! If you don’t quit he (Jesus) won’t quit! If anyone ever needs a freind and I can help
    You in anyway please message me anytime. I love you all and am praying for you all. ✝️😁
    You are more than welcome to read our thread and share helpful support related to DRINKING LESS.
    But I must ask you to STOP preaching your religious sermons. Nothing kills a thread quicker than talking about politics, religion or money.
    I have been on this particular thread for 23 months and we have never had anyone try to push those subjects. There are other threads I am sure you can find to sell your thoughts to or you can simply create your own.
    Be well.

Oh gosh, thank you sooooo much @MissMay
    I would have quit this thread. 100%
    I really can't abide with the poor spelling and abysmal grammar : - O
    j/k on the former (not really), but I might be Buddhist, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist/Agnostic, Hindu, First Nations, etc...this is a global thread. I am definitely offended at anyone trying to push their religion on me!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    @ellie117 I think that you did the whole month of October AF right?
    You know that you can do it. So you had a few days (5?) when you didn't. You have done so much better than me, you have proven that you DO have self control.
    I totally know what you mean though about eating stuff after drinking. I seriously on my AF days can't get enough calories in to me and have to add fake ones just so that MFP will let me finalize my food diary for the day.
    I too am trying to lose weight by drinking less (and I think that we are at the same weight!!)...it is not just the calories from the booze, it is the eating/food choice that accompanies it.
    You've got this, just keep checking in : - )