JUST FOR TODAY -- One Day at a Time .... Daily commitment thread for 2019

Options

Replies

• mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,197 Member
    Options
    I was so excited about the Peloton that I forgot to post goals for today...

What a wonderful gift!!!!
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,069 Member
    Options
    @pridesabtch what an amazing gift!!! I can imagine you felt like a kid at christmas! Hehe :)
  • AJB1014
    AJB1014 Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    JFT
    1. Log all food ✔
    2. Waters! :neutral:
    3. Cook dinner at home ✔
    4. Empty/fill dishwasher 👎
    5. Salt steps ✔
    6. Make lunches for me and DH ✔
    7. Bed by 930 lights out by 10 ✔
    8. Daily reminders to carry until completed; pay tolls bill, replace kitchen light bulbs (DH), switch cell phone plan to prepaid, change name on work/bank/credit cards, update w2, tour g hospital, go to lab for glucose test.

JFT
    1. Log all food
    2. Waters
    3. Relax
    4. Be kind
    5. Bed by 930 lights out by 10
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    This morning I felt terrible when I woke so I'm spending today at home. Mostly dozing and watching TV on the couch in the family room. No goals today.

Also my nearly four year old Fitbit finally bit the dust... the part that holds the charge cord broke so no way to recharge. Other minor parts had already broken but I could still use it. Fortunately for me, my BIL had an extra Fitbit of the same model he gave me. So I'm charging that and hope to figure out how to add the new device to my account. I'm not always good or patient with tech issues. Wish me luck!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,314 Member
    Options
    This morning I felt terrible when I woke so I'm spending today at home. Mostly dozing and watching TV on the couch in the family room. No goals today.

Also my nearly four year old Fitbit finally bit the dust... the part that holds the charge cord broke so no way to recharge. Other minor parts had already broken but I could still use it. Fortunately for me, my BIL had an extra Fitbit of the same model he gave me. So I'm charging that and hope to figure out how to add the new device to my account. I'm not always good or patient with tech issues. Wish me luck!

My hubby got a fitbit from work and doesn't want it. If he hasn't given it away. I can send it to you. Message me.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    4) 3:10 movie (my new guilty pleasure... taking personal time off of work to watch matinee of movie hubby not interested in on $5 Tues. )

I love that you are doing this! I was thinking just last week that I should start doing this once in a while! You know what they say about great minds... Did you go? If so, which movie did you see?

I saw Ford v Ferrari. I loved it! Though it was longer than I like at 2 1/2 hours run time. Practically ran to the bathroom after. :#
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,334 Member
    Options

Just for Today (Tuesday, 12/3)
    1. Journal every bite, good or bad :smile:
    2. 80 oz water :naughty:Dang! I just can't hit this! Try again tomorrow...
    3. No sugar :naughty: /flour :smile: /dairy :smile:
    4. Prepare for work tomorrow: coffeemaker / lunchbox / outfit :smile: Work at home day tomorrow, so all I had to do is coffeemaker.
    5. 30 minutes intentional activity :)Gave house a good cleaning. I know it's not actual exercise, but I worked up a sweat!
    6. Bible study :)Just about to do this!
    7. 15+ minutes self care :smile: Listened to a Half Size Me podcast and tuned everyone else out!
    8. Close food journal :smile: Just about to!
    9. Bedtime Routine: wash & moisturize / floss / gratitude journal 5 items from today / DO & SA readings / Read :smile: After The Voice, I will do all these things.

Hi everyone! Today was my WAH (Work-at-home) day, and I got a lot more done than I do in the office. Feels good! I don't get interrupted when I work here like I do when I'm at my desk. I love it because it takes off some of the stress I get if I feel like I'm falling behind.

@toaljasa I hope I got an invite to the Bible.com study! I haven't looked yet but want to participate. Have fun with your guests and preparations!

@pridesabtch What a great Christmas gift! Woo Hoo! My husband buys me things like a new stove that he wants or new dining room chairs because he likes them... LOL! :smile: I think 2020 WILL be your year!

@ZizzyBumble your cakes are just beautiful! I can only dream of making something that pretty! I wouldn't want to cut into it...maybe I should start making every meal and snack look beautiful like these to stop me from eating so much! Hahaha!

@cschmitz110515 I'm sorry you're not feeling well. There sure is a lot of crap going around town lately. Take good care of yourself. (P.S. I heard that was a really good movie too! I'll remember to not drink anything if I go see it! LOL!)

@mytime6630 Almost at the 5 lb mark for the Discard 5 lb challenge! YOU GO GIRL!

Just for Today (Wednesday 12/4)
    1. Journal every bite, good or bad
    2. 80 oz water
    3. No sugar /flour /dairy
    4. Prepare for work tomorrow: coffeemaker / lunchbox / outfit
    5. 30 minutes intentional activity
    6. Bible study
    7. 15+ minutes self care
    8. Close food journal
    9. Bedtime Routine: wash & moisturize / floss / gratitude journal 5 items from today / DO & SA readings / Read

WOTY 2019: Tenacity

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,064 Member
    Options

The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    #1: - 5; #2: - 5.2; #3: -1.4; #4: -4.8
    DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGE 5
    NAME: Terri
    SW: 150.8 (11/11)
    GW: 145.8
    04/12: CW: 149.6 : -1.2
    Still keeping at it!!!

Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Learn something new; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT: Wed 4 Dec
    Goals: 🎄
    Activities:
    • am: Grocery Shopping🎄
    • 12 noon: Garden Group Lunch (first of many Christmas celebrations)🎄Ate sensible choices/portions, then had omelette for dinner
    • Afternoon: walk along the coastal path to work off the lunch! 🎄Didn't manage coastal walk, but did walk part of the way home from lunch venue
    • 7pm: Crochet Group 🎄
    JFT: Thurs 5 Dec
    Goals:
    Activities:
    • am: Dance Group
    • 2pm: Shakespeare Study Group

Calorie Goal Challenge ~|~ Start Date: 4 Nov
    (I'm extending this Personal Challenge)
    Stay under goal until Christmas Eve
    Days Under: 30/30

• pridesabtch
    Options
    kheathski wrote: »
    Good Morning.
    I am Karen
    I am new at this! New at weight loss in a long long time, new at asking for help and support. I am in a program with huge calorie restrictions and high protein. Today is day 4 all is well but today I had a bit of stress and immediately I was chomping on food. I know I am a stress eater and don't know how to fix it.

Welcome to the group! We all struggle and are there to support one another. One day at a time isn't always easy, but it is way less overwhelming. Best of luck!

Nikki
  • pridesabtch
    edited December 2019
    Options
    I was so excited about the Peloton that I forgot to post goals for today...

JFT Wednesday
    - Drink at least 1 bottle of H2O before having soda :smiley:
    - Call my mother :smiley:
    - Protein bar and tangerine for breakfast - LOG IT! :smiley:
    - Log all intake :smiley: Not pretty, but done
    - Lunch under 300cal - LOG IT! :smiley:
    - Stay at work until at least 4:00 :smiley:
    - Leftover stir fry for dinner heavy on veggies :smiley:
    - Church stuff :smiley:
    - No alcohol :( had a few beers... then I had a few Doritos (oops)
    - Bed by 11:00 :( like 11:30, not bad.

All in all happy with my day yesterday. My calories are still too high, but I'm looking at it now and getting my head out of the sand is a big step. I'm even down a pound from Monday.

JFT Thursday
    - Drink at least 1 bottle of water before each soda.
    - Protein bar for breakfast
    - Try not to stress over daughter's doc appt.
    - Lunch under 500 cal
    - Work until at least 4:00
    - Log all food
    - Moderate dinner
    - Stay under 1600 for the day - Maintenance
    - 10k steps. I haven't done this in forever. I used to routinely get >15k
    - No alcohol
    - Get back to my Bible reading. Stalled out in Deuteronomy.
    - Bed by 11:00
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    JFT Thursday
    1. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Balance work. Feed cats. Meds. Tea! Review plans.
    2. Before school: Check class websites. Update first directions.
    3. Class 1: Project work. Writing assignment.
    4. Class 2-3: Chapter 8. Project work. Check Goodreads updates.
    5. Planning: Update standards. Set up units for S2. Read 20 pages of Overdue Life. Update Goodreads.
    6. Drink more water. No, more. Keep the pitcher in the fridge full. You're not actually hungry. Make some tea. Drink more water!
    7. Run - aim for 3 miles. Email student. Dinner: Pasta or soup. Yoga!
    8. Log all food. Set up JFT for tomorrow.
    9. Gratitude journal. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Meds. Floss, rinse, brush teeth. Alarm set for 5:50.
    10. Ask about how to support new AP. Practice hair braiding with D. Check on appts for drs. Remind D to ask his dad about the table. Check with D about ceiling. START BLOGGING AGAIN. 3 posts/week? Create test for MLA format. Therapy exercises: lunges, push-ups, ankle lifts, box jumps, plank. Remember that M does not like surprises! Check dates of classes and update semester plan. She Should Run vision statement. Group checks for clear main idea, what else? Sun 12/8 house manage.

Scale goals
    End of 2017: 174.6
    End of 2018: 189.2
    January 2019: 186.0
    February 2019: 187.0
    Today: 195.4

Ongoing plans/ideas behind the cut
    1. Purchases: Look for an "ugly Christmas sweater" and a long-haired doll at thrift stores. Practice French braiding. Go to used bookstore and look for On Writing (Stephen King), Dying for a Paycheck (Robin Hardman), The Prince (tr. Tim Parks, Russell Price, or Robert Adams), The Secret Adversary (Christie).
    2. E2: What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Create vocabulary lists for each unit that come from the texts used: Animal Farm, Julius Caesar, Wes Moore, I Am Malala. Find a way to incorporate changing words from one part of speech to another. Students need to know how to review multiple sources and synthesize information in order to draw a conclusion. Need practice with the difference between transitions and overlapping (at end of paragraph - "another issue is Y" vs "there are other issues besides X"). Quit using "in conclusion" and "I believe" and other writing-about-my-writing phrases. Confusion between direct/indirect objects and prepositional phrases. Use the UDHR and the Declaration of Independence to study paraphrasing; use that to front-load Machiavelli and how to deal with challenging texts. Confusion between everyday / every day and similar constructions.
    3. E1: Need practice with quoting & paraphrasing sources, identifying claims that would need support, use of last names for reference, and capitalization practice (common/proper nouns, titles). Difficulty using possessive nouns in their own writing. Honors: practice subject/object pronouns (my friend and I / my friend and me). Poetry: Revise "Songs are Poetry" handouts.
    4. Curriculum Development: Writing mini-unit. Review scholarly research on 5PE. (I think I can have this as an intro to the research unit so that they also get exposure to how quotes are integrated and cited.) Parallel structure; use of emotional language, specific detail. Use "Write About a Pebble" lesson from Atwell. How long should each unit take? Do research on characteristics: curiosity, persistence, resilience, creativity, responsibility, optimism, courage, integrity, authenticity, leadership, self-awareness, humility, compassion - others? Include grammarly check on essays! Review assessments. What is the purpose for each unit? What should the controlling ideas be in a study of world literature? Review world lit options. Schedule assessments for Fall 2019; plan out return times. Write 1 reflection weekly; type one in Classroom by Weds. Copy-paste to PB for comments due Friday. PB usernames 6 digits, no 19 or 20s, no birthdates. Homework: Online journal Mon due Tue; Reflection Tue due Wed; C&P journal in class Wed; Comments Thu due Fri. Bonus if you are the first response; further bonus if you respond to comments on your post. Grammar practice Mon & Wed; quiz Fri.
    5. Professional Development: Write blog post weekly. Comment on 3 posts each week -Tu Th Sun? Check with PSC. Talk with Z about articles and/or conference proposals. NOTE: ATTENDED PRE FLEX DAY.
    6. Medical: Dentist Apr 30 8 AM but check on meetings and RS. Onco Apr ???. PCP Schedule for July. ObG schedule for October. PCP - allergy shots?
    7. Theater: Mary Poppins Sun Dec 8 1:15. Amen Corner Thu Dec 19 5:45. EGL Fri-Sat 3:30.
    8. House: Mineral oil on tile spots. Check with D about ceiling.
    9. Fun: Open beading on Thursdays. Coloring at library on Tuesday. Put jewelry away. Edney Hack Nights alt Weds. ASL? Spanish/Portuguese practice? Practice piano. ROL Secret Adversary. Buy new bikes and bike rack for car.
    10. Volunteering ideas: Theater. Library. Animal shelter. Community Kitchen. Emerge Georgia training.

WFTY: Climbing.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    kheathski wrote: »
    Good Morning.
    I am Karen
    I am new at this! New at weight loss in a long long time, new at asking for help and support. I am in a program with huge calorie restrictions and high protein. Today is day 4 all is well but today I had a bit of stress and immediately I was chomping on food. I know I am a stress eater and don't know how to fix it.

Welcome, welcome!! You are not alone with the stress eating - me too. What's the cause of your stress, is it something you have any control over? What's the program you're doing?