Women 200lb+, Let's Double Down This December!!!

Options

Replies

• speyerj
    speyerj Posts: 1,369 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    @Terytha -

Work stress is the worst. It's part of our identity. We spend more time with the people we work with than anyone else (which is really sad). And unless you are independently wealthy, it's also what keeps a roof over our head and saves us from bankruptcy. So when that sector is going badly, its going to be a 'kitten' show. I just want to say, you are going great considering the considerable stress you are going through.

Let's have a reality check. I am sure you are not bad at your job. I bet you have a long history of positive reviews from your boss sitting in your personnel file. It's the stress taking over your brain sending you in a negative spiral.

I'm in the health insurance business, so I get audits. Its incredibly stressful when a regulatory body come in and scrutinizes everything you do. It's also a learning experience. When I was working for a health plan, I went through a CMS audit that had a negative finding that I was accountable for. But I didn't lose my job or my standing with the company. I had to write up why the event occurred and draw up a plan to prevent it from happening in the future. CMS accepted the plan, there were no fines and the end result is that we improved our service and had better oversight over our vendors. In the end, it was a good thing.

Talk to your manager about your fears. If you think you did something wrong or didn't have enough oversight over something, discuss it internally. Work with your leadership to create an action plan to address the concerns. You'll feel so much better and your manager will respect you for taking accountability and learning from the experience.

No matter what happens, you are going to be okay.
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @speyerj you are so right about stress! While my career allowed for three hours on the clock to exercise (I was in law enforcement), it wasn’t until I retired that I actually had the full capacity (not only time but emotional/mental) to assess all parts of my weight loss journey. I could have worked until 57 (I was eligible for retirement at 49 and mandatory at 57) and had a larger pension but I needed to get that level of stress out of my life. That’s when everything changed for the better.
  • walkersarah506
    walkersarah506 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm totally in! I started out at 215 but am now currently at 210. I have been in a strength and conditioning class and have been good at going to the gym but I just graduated and am now struggling to get up in the morning and am struggling at not getting tempted to eat bad foods and sticking to my diet through the holidays. Any ideas or thoughts to help me stick to it?
  • Pamela36367
    Pamela36367 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in
    Height:5"4
    Weight:246 lbs
  • VoicedJoy22
    VoicedJoy22 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    @torihudson6
    Thanks for the welcome and enjoy your party! :-)
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,375 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    SW 262.8
    CW 207.6

12/6. 210.6

Binging got me this week. I have binge eating disorder and I let it over take me this week. The medication munchies didn’t help either. I have been stressed out and that always leads to binges for me.

On a positive note my daughter is coming for a month from Scotland and I finally get to meet my newest granddaughter.x

What is this?? You have a med that helps prevent munching/bingeing? (hoping it's so and not something that causes u to be hungry & munching as side effect)

Congrats on the new grand!!