What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Friday

30 session with trainer. Burpees were involved along with an attempt at running while pulling her along with her band

Legs bums and tums - just a little bit painful

3km treadmill run

30min beachbody on demand yoga retreat - week 2 core
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    40 min elliptical

Weight circuits

14 pushups
    16 bicep curls
    8 arm rows
    Repeat 4x

20 bench dips
    14 chest press on machine
    15 elevated hip thrusts
    Repeat 3x

8 dumbbell shoulder press
    15 med ball slams
    Repeat 2x

20 toe touches
    26 Russian twists with 10 lb
    Repeat 3x
  • surfbug808
    surfbug808 Posts: 251 Member
    Still weak, but am over my cold.
    15 min stretch in the morning
    30 min stretch/warm-up at the gym
    5 min rowing machine + burpees
    60 min with personal trainer
    10 min cool down

I plan on swimming tomorrow though!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Another 8,892m on the Concept 2 rowing machine.
    You guys are exhausting me ;) I just got back into rowing on an erg after 25 (?) years and can last about 12 minutes. I love swimming, but I'm so slow.

<snip>

@girlwithcurls2, 12 minutes is great: If you enjoy it, keep it up, and both endurance and speed will improve - probably quite rapidly, as you've done it in the past, and are otherwise active. A lot of us on-water rowers break up the erg sessions into pieces of varying lengths with breaks, anyway, as you may know, so that's always an option. You may also already know this, but there are lots of great training tips and workout suggestions on the C2 website (https://www.concept2.com/indoor-rowers/training).
  • happysquatter
    happysquatter Posts: 91 Member
    Squats.
    My name sorta gives it away

Followed that up with overhead press and Deadlifts plus Chin ups

• aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    15,600ish meters rowing in an 8, rainy but not pouring. I'm still cold, but as one of my sculling coaches who just happened to be in my boat this morning said, "it could be way colder". The real issue is that my face ended up getting really cold which I don't think anything short of a balaclava could help.
  • firef1y72
    Saturday

No bootcamp today so I did parkrun. Disappointing overall time, combination of legs being tired from a week of being beasted and the start of an IBS flare up. But there were positives, I didn't stop or walk even on the hill, I didn't hate it (well I maybe hated the hills) and I finished strong.
  • surfbug808
    warm-up and approx 45 min fast speed swim, with cool down swim
  • firef1y72
    Sunday - active rest day

Supported a friend who is new to running.
    We started with a 2km run, where she got a pr
    Then the penultimate week of C25K.

30min beachbody on demand 3 week yoga retreat, week 2, day 2, stretch
  • Finafoshizzle93
    Finafoshizzle93 Posts: 157 Member
    60 min spin class
    75 min power flow yoga
  • jhanleybrown
    jhanleybrown Posts: 240 Member
    30 mile bike on gravel bike, non technical trails and road.

Plateau week on weight although trained pretty hard. (Does anyone else find themselves upping training to get off a plateau?)
  • Bookkeeper1024
    Bookkeeper1024 Posts: 17 Member
    90 minutes Walking on the treadmill and 60 minutes on the elliptical
  • TheChangingMan
    TheChangingMan Posts: 73 Member
    50 minutes of weights then 30 minutes on the dreadmill.
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Sat stroke seat in a quad this morning. It was a rather intense practice, the bulk of which was: 20' @ 18, 15' @ 20, 10' @ 22, 5' @ 24, 2.5' open rate. All of those were with 3 min of mostly active rest inbetween. As the coach that came up with that said during coffee, if you people don't eat second breakfast and take a nap then I didn't do my job.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I have missed a bunch of stuff in this log (I think 1 bouldering session, 1 yoga session and 1 weights.)

Yesterday, I went for a swim. I was supposed to go bouldering, but I felt drained. So I swam 1.7km instead.

Today, I went bouldering for 2 hours. It was not a bad session, but not outstanding either. My new project is probably the hardest V3 at the gym: a twisting jump dyno to start; then a knee bar to get out of the cave. Those two bits are the crux.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,979 Member
    Sat 12/7: 62 min spin bike (split into two 31 min vigorous sessions) , 100 push ups (40,20,20,20)
    Today 12/8: 100 push ups (40, 40, 20), 69 minutes of walking outside at brisk pace
  • surfbug808
    Easing back to gym workouts. 30 min stretching/warm-up, rowing machine, 60 min KB, abs, obliques
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    Rest day yesterday, today back to 9,705 rowing machine meters, steady state pace. The actual work part (8K) averaged 2:31.9 pace, 20spm. According to Garmin, roughly half zone 4, a third zone 3, including the row in/out and CD.
  • BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    90 minutes on the elliptical machine! FOR! THE! FIRST! TIME! I normally do between 45 to 60 minutes! I was inspired by a fellow MFP member!!
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited December 2019
    Yesterday at the gym was 30 minutes of rowing, 30 of Stationary bike, rest on the Endless Rope machine (like climbing a rope), Stairmaster and Spin Bike (2 hours total). Literally hopped into the pool yesterday (it's like 60 degrees) a few times after getting in the hot tub. It's the first time (this year) I've ever had a pool or a hot tub and I now see how valuable it is to take "ice baths". The amount of inflammation after a killer workout is ridiculously less after dipping into icy water for a minute or two a few times! Beyond grateful to have that as a recovery tool now.

For those wanting to do this, all you really need to do is hop in a cold shower, then take a hot bath (with Epsom salts). Same principle. My DOMS has been significantly less on days I do this.