Women 200lb+, Let's Double Down This December!!!

Replies

• BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    So I have a question...many MFP members are doing 1200 a day to reach their goal weight. What happens when you reach your goal weight and move to maintenance? Does MFP let you know the number of calories you need to maintain that weight?

• How do I join in?
  • Hello,I’m new to this forum,are we discussing weight issues?cos I do see some ppl losing n it’s grt.well done ladies!
  • Hello
  • BrownSugar174
    edited December 2019
    @Aerohead21 Thank you so much. That makes sense👍🏽
  • torih941
    torih941 Posts: 207 Member
    @speyerj, thank you! I love jerky, so that’s a good idea. I wonder if they make low sodium jerky haha. I’ll have to try it! I’ve read that when sweet/salty cravings increase it means your body is lacking something. I’m not sure how much truth is in that, but I thought about doing some research to see what I need to increase.
  • BrownSugar174
    @torihudson6 My go to is a nice cold 8 ounces of Fairlife Chocolate Milk especially after a workout! I also schedule a 1/2 cup of Breyers Vanilla/Chocolate/Strawberry ice cream after dinner. The snack that I most love and carry in my purse is the Orchard Valley Trail Mix! It has almonds, cashews, dried cranberries and blueberries. Sweet and salty at the same time (antioxidants and fiber too!)👍🏽
  • mmccloy12
    mmccloy12 Posts: 151 Member
    Good afternoon folks! Happy Friday! Don’t have a lot of time today to reply to everyone unfortunately :'(

But from reading the posts, it seems there are struggles that are being overcome or advice given to help which is wonderful. And many successes! Keep it up team!

@torihudson6 I am in menopause. So no TOM for me…but cravings still exist when my hormones are going nuts!

I have all kind of snacks in my drawer at work because my job is a snacking nightmare…there are candy bowls, chili sales, bake sales etc. I like trail mix too because of the sweet/salty aspect, but I portion them out so I don’t eat too much. I have beef jerky in 100 calorie pouches that I found at Walmart. Same with salt and vinegar almonds (portioned out). Hummus and 100 calorie pretzel thins packs. A big one I like that is salty sweet is Somersaults Sunflower Seed Crunchy Bites Salted Caramel. Portion control on these babies! :D

For food prep, I bring BF, lunch and snacks to work every day as I cannot control myself eating out. I googled “Healthy food prep ideas”. Sheet pan meals and Crockpot meals things like that are best for me so I don’t spend hours in the kitchen. BF I make either a chia seed pudding and/or chicken sausage/potatoes.

Hope that helps :)

On my goals this week….
    I did have a small loss this week. I had two Christmas parties this week, one on Saturday and one on Wednesday. Did my best, but could have done better. Still a work in progress! I am feeling pretty good about my weekly goals though!

Went to gym for the first time in a couple of weeks yesterday! I had really just been going and doing cardio, but yesterday I did a 30 minute circuit. Thought I was going to die… :D but I got through it. I am feeling ok today but I am sure I will be hurting tomorrow as I had not done anything like that in a very long time. We will see!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

My goals for December are as follows:

SW: 276.6 - January 2019

November start weight - 253.2
    November end weight - 251.4

December SW - 254.2
    12/6 - 251.8
    12/13 -251.0
    12/20 -
    12/27 -

December goal weight - 249.2
    UGW - 160.00

I have some weekly goals I would like to accomplish as well.

1. Increase water intake to 96 oz. a day – 6 out 7 days
    2. Exercise 3 days a week – went to gym once, walked once
    3. Journal every night/meditation in the morning to release anxiety – only journaled 4 out of 7, meditation every morning but 1
  • mmdeveau
    mmdeveau Posts: 107 Member
    Had my holiday party last night - didn't do too badly, was up 1.2 lbs today likely due to high-salt items. I'm drinking lots more water today, and I walked this morning and did a fair amount of walking at lunch.

Welcome to the new folks on the thread!

@Terytha - I'm sorry you are having a rough time. I've been through my own miserable time in the last year-and-a-half. I don't know if it's better yet, but I'm definitely doing better than I was. One thing I can say from my experience is this: there is nothing about what has happened over the last year-and-a-half that was made better by eating more food. I gained weight as a combination of gradually increasing consumption (aided by not tracking intake) and relative inactivity, which was due to a series of consecutive injuries along with work pressure. Regular exercise gives me an outlet for my stress and energy and helps me manage my life. What I learned for sure: don't stop tracking. If I had to do it all over again, I wish I'd maintained the habit of tracking all my food, no matter how ugly it might have looked.

@bluffgirl67 - glad you managed your trip and got right back into the swing of things when you got back! Keeping fingers crossed for your Momma!

@torihudson6 - I've posted this site for food prep before but I don't mind posting again: https://skinnytaste.com/. Her recipes are tagged so you can find meal-prep recipes quickly. I like to use her slow-cooker, freezer meals, and meal prep categories to find recipes for my meal prep. I make the main dish and freeze in pre-portioned servings. Then I only need to make sides and defrost what I want to eat. Having multiple options on hand ready for defrosting keeps me from being bored by having the same tired leftovers all week. And if I've got some extra time, I'll make myself something for that meal. Plus I love to cook and eating meals prepped from her recipes makes me feel like I'm following a plan close to what I would like to follow once I'm in maintenance.

As far as cravings go I first try to drink water to make sure I'm not truly thirsty, which also increases my water intake. I appreciate that old chestnut doesn't work for everyone, but it gets me pretty far. If the craving doesn't pass, two of my go-to favorites: for salty (and crunch), half a serving of one of the Blue Diamond flavored almond varieties (Habanero BBQ, Sriracha, Sweet Thai Chili, yum!) usually does the trick; for sweet (and chocolate), I keep a bag of Ghiradelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet chocolate chips in my freezer and I'll eat a half or full serving, letting each delicious morsel melt in my mouth! Eight or sixteen chocolate chips, or fourteen almonds, may not sound like much but if I make it a point to savor them I swear it does it for me!

I wish I could respond to everyone! I know I'm forgetting some people I wanted to respond to...but now work beckons!