Rainbow Warriors: Getting Fit & Fabulous!

Options

Replies

• notebooksecrets
    notebooksecrets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    *peaks around the door*

Can I come in? :-)
  • dobrien1969
    Options
    HI I am Dennis...on the lower end of 40 something...great group! I have always been known as skinny until the last few years...wow what age does to one's body...Started working out in May and have been going strong ever since....cardio and strength training with alternating days....lost 16 lbs and not looking to lose much more...just need to tone up and put it back in the right places. LOL .... and eat right of course.
  • sheppeyescapee
    sheppeyescapee Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    hey folks :)
  • backwardslant
    backwardslant Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Hi there all you new people! Glad to see you! :)
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    *peaks around the door*

Can I come in? :-)

Definitely! Welcome to all the new people!
  • debbiequack
    debbiequack Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Doing good here. I made my goal for weight loss for the month, plus I've been improving on my running stamina and times. Hope the rest of you are all doing well too....?
    [/quote]

With you, atticus... I don't make weight goals, but I'm getting to be a better runner all of the time. That means I'm burning more cals and can eat more.

Best!

Debbie
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    how do i get into this group??
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

Just like that. Welcome!
  • SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options

Just like that. Welcome!

yayy!
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Doing good here. I made my goal for weight loss for the month, plus I've been improving on my running stamina and times. Hope the rest of you are all doing well too....?

With you, atticus... I don't make weight goals, but I'm getting to be a better runner all of the time. That means I'm burning more cals and can eat more.

Best!

Debbie

That's great, Debbie! Glad your running goals and improvements are going well. It's a great feeling to notice those running differences. How are you doing with your calorie modifications?

And welcome, Skateboard girl!! Glad to have you here as well.
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    Ok warriors its time for another month. Although I didnt reach my goal of 10 pounds this month (I lost 3), I plan on a mini goal of 5 pounds but im shooting really hard for 10. :) So anyone up for a September challenge? We can do it by weeks? Anybody else wanting to add challenges are more than welcome to. Lets kick *kitten* this month.

-Kayla

PS. Welcome new warriors!!!
  • MadMoxie
    Options
    Hey warriors! I'm pretty new here. Sounds like August was a pretty great month.

I'm 31 from a small town in Montana and looking to lose about 50-55 pounds. Hope I can join in with you guys and gals. Friend request are welcome... I could use the motivation. :)
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Welcome, new folks! :drinker:

Kayla, sounds like a good idea, I'm up for a challenge! :tongue:

I will found out in the morning how I fared for the month - I beat my original goal of breaking into the 180s, so I set my new goal at 185 - I doubt I will hit that though, as I stayed the same last week (actually gained .4! :noway: )

Met 1st exercise goal of 1000 minutes, updated goal to 1300 and even blew that out of the water at 1515!! (2x/week rugby practice at 1.5-2hrs each time adds up!)

My Sept goals are 1400 exercise minutes, and goal weight of 185.

Let's do this, Warriors!! :flowerforyou:
  • notebooksecrets
    notebooksecrets Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Way to go, shar, that's hardcore!! :-)
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    hey...just found you guys by accident..I'll stick my neck out and say hi!

I'm 28, originally from Kent in England, now holed up in North Yorkshire.

I'm on a path to lose 15kg (about 30lb ish) and I'm already 5kg down in the 1st month...my jeans are now too big but it's so worth it!

My inspiration...bizarrely my ex (also on MFP) as she is also my best friend. But also me. I want to do this for me, sick of being the bigger one, the "curvy" one. Yes I want curves, but I also want "straight" in the right places :tongue:
  • backwardslant
    Options
    Hi there MadMoxie and mimaduck!

Great job camp and shar! I'm totally up for any kind of challenge for September too. Of course, I don't have any ideas (What? So I'm a follower, not a leader!) My August went pretty good - lost 11 pounds, and just this morning improved on my mile time by a full minute. Guess I should be pushing myself even harder.

My goals for September at this point are losing another 10 pounds, and slicing another minute off my mile running time. The second shouldn't be too hard, hopefully, because it's still somewhat pathetic at this point even with the improvement. :)

Best of luck to all of you for this week/month, and if anybody posts a challenge, I'm up for it!
  • atomiclauren
    atomiclauren Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I'm up for a September challenge, too - I'm ready to break this rut I'm in (weight stabilized and not moving downward). Somebody post some ideas 'cause I need them! :blushing:
  • CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Welcome to all the new people!!!

I didn't really meet all of my goals in August..or, any of them :) I just plateau for months at a time, it's how my body works. I'm actually taking a little time off from intense workouts, eating more, etc and then hoping switching back to hard core will jolt some weight off of me. That's what worked last time, anyway. I just keep a close eye on the scale, to make sure there isn't a gain/fluctuation of more than 2lbs upward at any given time.

Anyway, I just signed up for a 3-5 Mile Running Training course that starts for October...so, I'll probably spend September getting back into workout mode again, doing lots of walkign to build some endurance for jogging, and doing soem more strength stuff.
  • onlyonewilson
    onlyonewilson Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    *Raising her hand* Ooh Ooh pick me I wanna join too!!

I'm not new to MFP... but since they upgraded the Android app on my phone, I have become more social. Which will hopefully will help motivate me as well.

I'm a vegan girl... my sweetie pie isn't.

But we both have body issues due to society's idea of what a womyn should look like... trying to get past that... we discovered we weren't healthy.

So... we are trying to do away with processed foods and intro more exercise... She's winning... I'm cheating.

But great so see a forum that has some common bond.
  • Camppryor21
    Options
    Calling all Warriors, are you ready to start this weeks challenge? I will break this into 4 weekly challenges and a few daily challenges as well for the week. So for starters lets go with:

Daily exercise for week 1:

1) 20 jumping jacks
    2) 20 lunges (alternating legs)
    3) 20 push-ups (floor or wall)
    4) 20 Captain's chairs: Sit at the end of a chair, bench,etc. Grip the sides to stabilize upper body, then slowly draw knees toward your chest holding it in place for a moment, then lower back down slowly. Try for 20, if you cant make it, get a minimal of 10.

Drink, drink, and drink some more…water that is – let’s all meet our minimum 64 oz water requirement each day….since we will be exercising, this shouldn't be a problem.

Weekly challenge:
    1) Get 4 miles in for the week (walking, running, cycling) If you can do more, awesome!
    2) 64 oz water minumin

Still new at this so if you have anything you would like to add feel free. Since its Thursday, new weekly and daily challenges evey Thursday!

-Kayla