WOMEN AGES 50 + FOR DECEMBER 2019

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Karen in VA - so sorry to hear of the car break-in. That's rotten and a pox on the culprit. >:) Thinking about your partner's recovery.... do they give occupational therapy? Sometimes those folks have tips on how to get around.

Barbara AHMOD
    - and a pox on the mailbox thief. >:) Once my laptop recovered from the big update and didn't want to boot quickly, it's been just fine. Not sure if the defrag helped or not. It can be a worry, for sure.

One bit of data I didn't want to lose if this laptop crashed was my weight log history from my old Fitday.com software, all the way back to 2006! Interesting to see how my weight has changed throughout the years, and the notes I'd written down. I still have the original key and download on a thumb drive if it does go kerflooey. I back it up regularly, but when I installed it on this new laptop several years ago, it didn't like it tho it's still usable. So for insurance I did 14 pages worth of print screens which are safe and sound.

Gboard, my smartphone keyboard, stopped working yesterday so I uninstalled it and am back to the basic. From what I've read online, lots of folks had hiccups with it.

Heading to town in a bit - hit the grocery stores before they get busy, drop off gifts, buy the dogs more stocking stuffers and pick up some farm eggs.

Life is good! Make it a fabulous day! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    Options
    Barbara/KJ - I tend to think of a BΓ»che de NoΓ«l as a sponge, but you could be right. This is a meringue, but it has egg yolks in it! No flour.

I went for my 5k run. Go me! :D The forecast for the next few days is wet, so it was my last chance. On the way home we picked up three spinach and ricotta rolls for when DH's younger daughter comes on Sunday. Plus some white sourdough for the bread sauce. I'm drying it out a bit before I make the breadcrumbs.

I'm making a big ragu today that will give us four days . Handy for when we are rushed. I base mine on a classic recipe from Italian Food by Elisabeth David. It includes chicken livers and bacon. The original ragu from Bologna does not include tomatoes, but I put a tiny bit of tomato paste in mine. I have curly kale to have with it plus a few strands of tagliatelle (never spaghetti) ;)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    πŸ˜„πŸ™‹
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Luci - Happy Birthday!!

Okie
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,221 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options
    Luci - HAPPY 63rd BIRTHDAY. :drinker: <3

Love Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lucy! Happy, Happy Birthday! :)

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Happy 63rd, Luci!

• Workoutahloic50
    Workoutahloic50 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Luci-Happy Birthday 🎁!!!!!
    Debby in Va
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Barbara- Might just buy him taller shoes so he can’t hear the girls yell hello there big fella Lol πŸ˜‚!! Or dress him geeky!!! That will draw the smart ones lol repel the other types.

Machka- That’s my issue hot flashes as I shop! I find a water bottle in my purse ignore every idiot who thinks my huffing y pudding is Grandma having a heart attack while out shopping with great grandparent y a grandkid! Then I go home feeling sick all day long. Exercises trigger it too! So I power through always smell like a boy in gym class! Deodorant can’t handle my sweats!

Amber Tx
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,927 Member
    Options
    679775z29uksi0yq.gif

Luci
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Luci! πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽΆπŸŽ΅πŸŽΆπŸŽπŸ’–πŸ˜
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Luci - Happy Birthday!

Karen - Sending healing angels to your partner.

Rebecca - Good job on the gym.

I am off to the kitchen to see about making Austrian chocolate balls for the choir party tonight.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Luci - hope you are having a wonderful birthday! πŸŽ‚πŸŽ‚

Rebecca - thank you for the Athena and puppy fix all rolled in to one <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited December 2019
    Options