The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,166 Member
    Hope everyone had a great holiday. I was able to spend it at home and the kids didn't fight for the first time in like a month. It was Wonderful! :smile:
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Work, work, work for both of us. 12 hour shift 8-8 last night. Finally 4 days off. Whew!
    One of my fave China trip shots - Great Wall of course, Juyongguan section. 110 stories climbed and descended equivalent over an afternoon. No cable cars here.
    cmi9xl02ee9q.jpg
  • sufferlandrian
    Wow! Gorgeous! It looks really cold.
  • sufferlandrian
    I feel like I popped a cartilage in my ribs but I can’t think of what I did. I haven’t crashed my bike in months and I haven’t been to work in almost a week.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    @sufferlandrian I'm glad your holiday was lovely! Yikes, have you ha a bad cough? I don't know if that would cause the injury but I've coughed myself extremely sore before.

@canadjineh That is an incredible picture!!

Hubs and I went to the Outer Banks for Christmas. It wasn't crowded and the beaches were all but empty. We had beautiful weather and found amazing shells. We walked over 7.5 miles over the course of the day. I'm back to work for the weekend fighting a cough
  • canadjineh
    Coughing is what I thought of too, sufferlandrian.
    Bethanie, Outer Banks looks lovely... one of my SIL & BIL live in Stafford VA. They used to live in Prince Frederick, MD. They keep their sailboat in a marina and head off to Mexico & Caribbean just after hurricane season to help with all the rebuilds. We've only been on the Chesapeake with them, no big trips down the inland waterway, etc.

Temp at the Wall that day wasn't all that cold, just super gusty windy at moments. About -2 or -3C. Actually we were dressed a bit too warm for climbing around. My sheepskin hat and my gloves were tucked in the mini backpack all day.
  • sufferlandrian
    Yeah! It’s snowing again. I love when The Valley is covered in snow. Now I just need time off.

I have had a cough but I didn’t think it was that bad. Seems like the only thing it could be though.
  • bethanie0825
    edited December 2019
    It's been in the 60s and 70s here lol. Does not feel like winter at all. I'm stuck with a nasty chest cold so steroids for me and my agitated asthma :)
  • sufferlandrian
    Sorry about the steroids. They really mess with you. My tech with ITP says they leave her tired and wired at the same time.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    I've been sick since last night, my sweet bf came over and cleaned my kitchen and made me chicken noodle soup. Guys, I think he's a keeper.
  • sufferlandrian
    That sounds like a keeper. :smile: Most guys would make the soup and leave you a mess. :smile:
  • bethanie0825
    edited January 2020
    He totally sounds like a keeper lol

@sufferlandrian between the steroids and sudafed, I know exactly what she means. I worked Sunday night, went home and to bed; woke up 2.5 hours later, wired. It's an awful feeling but I'm thru day 3 and have two more days to go. I'm def feeling and sounding better.

How was everyone's New Years?
  • canadjineh
    Haha, New Years... 18 hour power outage due to multiple issues in central BC - mega snowstorm and above 0 temps. We are on a well so no water (pump), no heat, no light. Bundled up, cold can goods dinner, tons of candles, crib tournament with hubby. Power came on at 5:30 this morning. We just laid around in jammies luxuriating in the heat today, lol. Hubby is on City Patrol tonight, and I start 3 in a row loss prevention in a store tomorrow.
    Glad you are feeling better Beth & Jenn.
  • sufferlandrian
    I used to live in a place where the power was frequently out for a week at a time when the winter storms rolled through. We kept water, firewood and fuel for the camp stove stockpiled. 😉
  • canadjineh
    We always have our go-bags packed during the summer due to prevalence of forest fire here, but we got complacent and used up our extra stored water, and didn't switch out our supplies for easy winter access this winter. Yesterday we took out the camping pots and made sure our BBQ propane tank is full, big container of water in the bathroom right now for the toilet and sponge baths, and filled some more water bottles for drinking- in case we get another one (well, we did get another snowstorm last night but no more outages at our place). Some in the area are still out of power just W of us.
  • sufferlandrian
    No I'm not going to suture up your dogs six inch laceration while you hold it down. Yes, sedation to repair a laceration is common. :angry:
  • jennifer_417
    No I'm not going to suture up your dogs six inch laceration while you hold it down. Yes, sedation to repair a laceration is common. :angry:

Grr! Dumb people.
  • sufferlandrian
    I've got a dog in tonight that has been through the ringer. He was blocked and couldn't urinate so the regular vet did a PU surgery where they open the urethra higher up and that allows him to urinate. The problem is now he is leaking urine under the skin. It's making him sick and I'm trying to fix him but the surgery site is a mess.
  • sufferlandrian
    pfirfixea0nv.jpeg
    rasnuykqbbv7.jpeg
    60cojuu2up0r.jpeg
    I love fat tire bikes in the snow. :smile:
  • jennifer_417
    Ever do something so dumb that you wonder how you made it this far alive? I just checked online to find out when my module class meets this semester, thinking it meets later in the semester. Yeah, I checked about 30 mins after the class was scheduled to end. I am so frustrated with myself right now.