Who Gained Weight During The Holidays? I Have A Solution!!!

18910111214»

Replies

• jasmine_belle
    jasmine_belle Posts: 40 Member
    I think I've gone over maintenance by about 7000 cals altogether in the last week, so should be about 2lbs? It's hard to tell until I settle back into normal eating (that's the challenge!) Hopefully it won't take too long.
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    I dreaded it too what the overeating was going to do. In reality I had no gain at all and ate til my heart content. Everything you said is so true.
  • dagrees
    dagrees Posts: 32 Member
    Great post.
    My holiday indulgences started at Thanksgiving.
    I logged breakfast and lunch but not dinner.
    And I am up 4 lbs. Not terrible, but it would be so easy to continue on this track. Don’t want to do that.
    So, back to logging everything and increasing water intake.
    Perspective and Patience is key, for sure!
  • sugarcakes38
    sugarcakes38 Posts: 80 Member
    Strangely enough, my 5lb gain over Christmas Eve, Day and day after is now down to previous weight, plus an extra pound. I am shocked, and truly baffled! My husband says he’s not surprised, as I’m on the go all day long but geez, I ate like a horse those couple days, was sure I’d gained at LEAST a pound. I DID get back on track Friday, rather than continue. I’d had my fill. Anyhow, thought I’d share since I know this is sort of a scary time for people (weigh-in/gains).
  • cforsyth617
    cforsyth617 Posts: 205 Member
    bump
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Hi all, OP here. Glad this post continues to be helpful! I’ve fallen away from some of my old habits and need to take my own advice to help get back on the wagon!

Happy (almost) New Year and New Decade!

This post is now a holiday classic! Best wishes for the new year.
  • weightliftingbarbie
    weightliftingbarbie Posts: 156 Member
    2lb gain over Christmas, not worried as that will be gone by next week 😉
  • bkessler7
    bkessler7 Posts: 2 Member
    Awesome comments. I was like I gained 10 lbs in a month. No way. Been running 12 of last 14 days and now working some weights in. Patience is the key. Lost 55lbs last year! 30 more to go ! Let’s do it people! Just don’t crash diet and over do it the 1st month!
  • 39flavours
    39flavours Posts: 1,494 Member
    Bumping this excellent thread! I've gained about 7lbs in the last 2 weeks. Cringing a bit about everything I've eaten and drunk but hoping that when the dust settles things won't look quite so bad! Patience and perspective x
  • lartishs
    lartishs Posts: 29 Member
    Love your inspiration in your humour. Just what I needed.
  • pnrbor
    pnrbor Posts: 56 Member
    Thanks for the post but I somehow gained 2kg. Not that hard for me to gain :(
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    It wasn't just the holidays that pushed me over the edge. It was stress eating that started back in maybe Sept.? So imagine if you can, how many pounds you can add onto your body in 3+ months.
    But 2 days before New Year's Day, we ran out of all our holiday leftovers and that's when I started. Again. Back to eating healthier, counting calories, working up to walking more on the treadmill. I have 20# to lose and I know I can do it; just gotta keep my head in the game. It $u@ks when you're wearing a very loose size 8, then whiz through your 10's and start wearing your 12's again. I guess it was smart of me to hang onto some of those JIC. :(

I have a very big goal, a great reason to lose those 20#. I live in New England and plan on visiting my dd who lives in Seattle, in May. So anyways, I'm hoping to feel better in my own skin and maybe even buy some new clothes for the trip. Something to shoot for.

Good luck everyone!! Never say never and don't give it! Only YOU can make it happen!!
  • Walkywalkerson
    Walkywalkerson Posts: 453 Member
    Brilliant post
    I put on 7lbs over the Christmas period from eating and drinking ALL of it 😳
    I got back on plan 4 days ago and weighed in just now and 6lbs are gone 😁
    I hope to shift the extra pound by the end of the week.
    Happy New Year!
  • anneu53
    anneu53 Posts: 51 Member
    I noticed my feet swelling last week and the chemist gave me celery supplements to help. I think it was the heat but cannot be sure. I love the way you put this into perspective for me.