Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    ladycopnh1 - is this a created group or just the message board?
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    I just got tired of looking for what I needed, pushed the create button and away I went, or I should say, away we went. and I can relate to the riding jacket, I had to put extenders on my vests as well.
  • ladycopnh1
    Be aware ladies, this week is almost over and 9 of you have yet to claim the number on the scale as an official starting weight, around this or about that means you haven't looked lately. If your going to be accountable for what your doing, good and bad, this year is the year to do it.
  • Would love to join this group! I gained 70 pounds 3 years ago after a ruptured brain aneurysm and haven't been able to get it off. I'm getting married on May 30 and I am determined to not be this big for my wedding!! I am at 230 right now.
  • lasttimelooser
    lasttimelooser Posts: 73 Member
    I need to purchase a scale this weekend.
  • ladycopnh1
    You are more than welcome kathyjackson, and congratulations on your marriage, you do know if you join this group, we are all coming to your wedding. Just kidding :p. We are all here for you whenever you need us.
  • quemalosuerte
    quemalosuerte Posts: 234 Member
    celticck77 wrote: »
    ladycopnh1 - is this a created group or just the message board?
    Celticck77 has a point...if we had a group, i would totally join it. And since we already have 5 pages of replies, this could get out of hand quickly, especially if it serves its purpose.
  • quemalosuerte
    i don't want to necessarily be the sole person in charge, that sounds like too much pressure...i am only a little bit of a control freak..and that is what my anxiety disorder demands i be in charge of...
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Hey! Another great day of eating healthy food and good portion control.
  • quemalosuerte
    edited January 2020
    hi. i started a thing. not because i think i will be good at it, but because i think we could all use a group, other than a single message board to share our truths and journeys. I am just seeing how fast this is kicking off and hoping we can work together to help each other no matter what happens this tear.

to us and 2020.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/135299-over-200lbs-to-start
  • tawtyping
    tawtyping Posts: 391 Member
    edited January 2020
    Ooh please can I join? I’m 48 and had a stroke nearly 2 years ago. I was given steroids at the time and my weight shot up dramatically! I now weigh 205 lbs and I am finding it so hard to lose any weight, I just keep piling it on! I’m married with grown up sons, work full time and have a 3 year old rescue staffy who joined our family whilst I was in hospital after my stroke!
  • ladycopnh1
    OMG que, that is awful !!! Please be careful. I feel sorry the students that couldn't go to the vigil, but is there another place ( safer ) where this boy liked to hang out ? maybe flowers could be placed there, or the students could always light a candle in his memory in there own home, as long as their careful. It doesn't matter where you hold it, he'll know.
  • ladycopnh1
    tawtyping, we welcome you with open arms (...................). and you staffy as well, lets face it, we spoil them rotten and they tend to get......fluffy too. I'm so sorry to hear you had a stroke, are you able to move ? I know strokes can be mild and some hard.
  • ladycopnh1
    Que, I created this group starting on December 26th. So far there has been 28 people who have joined the journey, we'll see how many are still with us at the end of this month, that's usually how New Years Resolutions go. I would love to see our group as the hard core losers ( weight loss ). The last group challenge I was in 4yrs ago were there to push each other to reach each others goals, weather it took 1yr or more. We became more of a family than a group.
  • tawtyping
    tawtyping Posts: 391 Member
    I have made great progress as it was not major although it was big enough! Mobility is ok but my biggest problem is overwhelming fatigue at times. I have to pace myself or my blood pressure rises dramatically which caused my stroke in the first place. After a few hours sleep it goes back to normal but every now and then it pops up to remind me to go steady! Thank goodness it wasn’t worse. 12 days in hospital and it’s taken me almost 2 years to get back to work full time! Just need to shift some weight!
  • ladycopnh1
    God Bless it wasn't worse, when do you think you have the most energy ? Perhaps you can do a bit of exercising at that time. Nothing extreme, maybe take a walk, some light hand weight exercises ? The last time I lost 142pds I was dedicated to walk just 15min. every day ( yes, every day ) on my treadmill, and tracked my food intake. I confess, I have totally changed what I am eating right now, but now I have to start watching the amount. One step at a time.
  • ladycopnh1
    Hey, lasttimelooser & theleadmare, how is the week going for you ? Have you picked a weigh in day for the week ? I hope you girls are having a totally awesome new year so far. Can't wait to hear from you again.
  • lelser60
    lelser60 Posts: 21 Member
    So far I have stayed at my calorie amount each day and I am going to the gym, but working slow on that. I use 5 arm exercise equipment pieces, bike 2 miles at very slow and walk 0.25 miles at 2.00 on the treadmill. I works out to 1/2 hour. Hope to increase the walking each week. I was at 1to 1.5 miles before Thanksgiving, but have not been feeling too well lately, wicked bronchitis, so will restart the walking.
  • jockette18
    jockette18 Posts: 26 Member
    Well i must say this is the first time in years where i have worked night shift and not eaten something i shouldnt.
    Felt good to be in some control. So far this week eating has been good, plan to continue for the remainder of the month with incidental exercise and then next month ramp up the exercise :) Slow and steady for me this year.