Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2020- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,553 Member
    Options

I love this - for so many things! Thank you
    Yes, I do too! Not withstanding the message, super pretty nails!

For the books that is a picture/quote from online. NOT MY NAILS lol. I could never be a hand model. 😆
  • MissMay
    Options
    @NovemberCharlieAlpha congrats on your 3 AF days and yes there will be hurdles during this process. It already sounds as if your "drinking brain" is preparing you for "rewards" for being AF.
    This happens to all of us. We feel as if we owe It to ourselves for being good. Like a kid being handed candy for being quiet during nap time. Those "we deserve it" moments are tricking to get around. Possibility planning to toss in some virgin drinks that still appear to represent an alcoholic beverage may satisfy that drinking brain. Good luck
  • MissMay
    edited January 2020
    Options
    BuffMom84 wrote: »
    Today is Day 7 AF for me and my body knows it! I'm a weekend drinker and 6 days is the most I will go without drinking at a time. So I'm being treated to a nice headache tonight. Oh well, time for some sleepy time tea.

🤕 feel better
  • MissMay
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Plan is to keep logging, no matter how good or bad or REALLY UGLY the stats look. When numbers not looking favorable, plan is to note it and be honest with myself. Lose the shame and the blame. Analyze what actions, habits, routines contributed to that....learn and push forward. I deserve success.

Jan 1- 6
    Jan 2- 0
    Jan 3- 4
    Jan 4- 2.5
    Jan 5- 7 (UGH-UGH-UGH). It was a Saturday - I bought a bottle of my favorite rose while doing early morning grocery shopping, because it was on sale. I convinced myself I would only have 2 glasses that day and save the rest for Sunday. Drank two glasses with lunch. Then around 5pm completely forgot my plan and finished the rest while doing house chores (here goes my mindless drinking again). Then after dinner, had 2 beers (I don't even like them) but at that point I already had wine-brain running the show, making bad decisions for me.
    Jan 6- 2

Deep breath @globalhiker. I see you have written down some numbers that are better than that 7 for Sunday. So you are on the right track. You just got off the rail for a moment........give it another try. 😊
  • MissMay
    Options
    Womona wrote: »
    Hi all! Nice to see so many new people, and returning posters as well!

Went to dinner unexpectedly last night, and had an unexpected wine. I am sleeping so poorly lately, and the nights I drink are the worst- even if I’ve only had one! So, here I sit with my Pelligrino with a splash of cranberry in a wine glass. Looks like Rose!

As much as I’m getting back on track from vacation and holiday overindulgence, I am happy that a year ago I started my journey to drink less. I remember those first 3 days were SO HARD! But once I got over that hump, it’s so easy to not have a nightly drink. Even tonight, I’m not craving my usual wine! It’s no big deal for me to be AF when I want!

So, even though I occasionally slip up and have more than I should, or more often, overall I’m doing so much better. I’m not engaging in “drunk eating” so my weight has come down. I was able to reduce from two minimum to mostly one glass. For those of you just starting out, this can be done!!!

Congrats on getting your weight down. I know that has been a motivator for you.
  • MissMay
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    I had two drinks last night. What's awful is that I iniated it, asked my husband to make them...

@MissMay I love the post. Writing ALL of it down and refocusing...

Love to all of you...

💜💜💜
  • looneycatblue
    looneycatblue Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @NovemberCharlieAlpha congrats on your 3 AF days and yes there will be hurdles during this process. It already sounds as if your "drinking brain" is preparing you for "rewards" for being AF.
    This happens to all of us. We feel as if we owe It to ourselves for being good. Like a kid being handed candy for being quiet during nap time. Those "we deserve it" moments are tricking to get around. Possibility planning to toss in some virgin drinks that still appear to represent an alcoholic beverage may satisfy that drinking brain. Good luck

This is so true... I need to remember that the reward is the fact that I can now do 3 AF days in a row! Of course also better sleep, and not so much mindless eating. Thank you for the reminder!