Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Brain Cramp, here was my weight in yesterday.
    Starting Weight: 271
    Jan. 7: 166
    Jan. 14:
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

Total January loss:

Changing from eating out of the sugar bowl (sweets and junk food ), to diet foods was huge.
    I haven't exercised in 3yrs and that's my hatred in life. I am having a hard time doing 5min on the treadmill without stopping ( I'll look back at this and laugh after awhile ) but I do have a fit board and I love that thing. If you have good balance you might want to try it, it's easier with 5pd weights.
  • ladycopnh1
    Welcome mjaywhite, congratulations on power footing it to lose 30pds that is inspiration right there for the rest of us. We need more from you to keep us on track.
  • ladycopnh1
    Hello beautifulbles, how are you holding up ? any problems your battling that you need your peeps to help with ?
    you CAN do this !! This is YOUR year all the way.
  • mjaywhite
    mjaywhite Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for the warm welcome!! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow, will post the office weight. My home scales registers my weight 5 pounds lighter, LOL!! I know it's not accurate, but the home scales makes me happy never the less! LOL!! Enjoy a blessed day.
  • gabi_texanmom
    gabi_texanmom Posts: 201 Member
    @FatimaStartsAllOver - You are my inspiration! Congrats on losing so much weight with just walking. I will try going for walks during my lunch hour too, hoping to get some more steps in during the day.
    About the apple watch, I love the features, but the battery life is awful! I dislike that it needs to be charged every other day - I prefer once a week like fitbit. Now I have to make more room on my nightstand AND remember to charge it. :|

@fewmoremilestogo - Oh no, I'm sorry about the ER trip. About 10 yrs ago, I had lost a significant amount of weight, exercised daily, and even did some running for fun. I had a few medical issues so I stopped my workouts, and after I recovered, I tried going right back into my old exercise routine. BIG MISTAKE! I threw up, trying to push myself so hard, fainted, AND threw my back out for a week!! So now I definitely ease into my workouts and listen to my body.

@beautifulblessings83 - I wish I had more support and an accountability partner too. Where are you from? My hubby, daughters, and best friends don't have weight issues. I am now much heavier than all of my sisters too. My sister that always had weight issues actually had weight loss surgery 2 years ago, lost 100lbs, and eats anything she wants. I definitely want to give in to the sugary snacks and load up on the carbs, but in the end, it's not worth it! I want to be around a long time, I want to be healthy, I want to be a good example for my girls, and I want to look good by the time I'm in my 40s!!! We can do this! I sent you a friend request. :)

@ghoulgoth - Congrats on stopping smoking! That is HUGE, especially while finishing up your degree and working on weight loss. What are your next plans? Do you get to stay in NYC? I've always wanted to visit there!

@tawtyping - Fantastic! No gain is definitely a win. For me, I always see a slight gain when I first start eating better and working out, it's almost like my body clings to my fluff with a death grip. LOL

@CathyRocky - Dinner sounds yummy! Way to go with sticking with your portions and skipping dessert.

@ladycopnh1 - WOW! Congrats on the huge loss! That is AWESOME motivation to keep going!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @gabi_texanmom - girl thank you BUT.... you all inspire me, you all motivate me, i’m in the same exact boat as all of you, “trying to figure things out”... but again Thank You!!!! and as for the battery life YESSSSSS daily in fact. every single night, that’s ridiculous, it should be at least 2 days gosh.

@ladycopnh1 - your weigh-in numbers appears to be transposed, well typo accident in fact. but IT LOOKS GOOD FOR SURE..... good job on that huge loss this week. you rock!!!!
  • AlexandraMBT
    AlexandraMBT Posts: 21 Member
    tawtyping wrote: »
    Progress so far...
    1 Jan 204.2 lbs
    7 Jan 204.2 lbs

No progress but at least it’s not an increase! Been a bit naughty on the eating front, been back at work since 2nd January and need to get back into healthy eating if possible. Too much cake and biscuits around at work!!

MY JOB DOES THE SAME THING some people make cakes, muffins, cookies they also bring in bagels and rolls. And whenever I pass by the kitchen I just stare 😂😂😂 so far I’ve been really good with not eating all the treats but it’s definitely difficult.
  • gabi_texanmom
    @gabi_texanmom - girl thank you BUT.... you all inspire me, you all motivate me, i’m in the same exact boat as all of you, “trying to figure things out”... but again Thank You!!!! and as for the battery life YESSSSSS daily in fact. every single night, that’s ridiculous, it should be at least 2 days gosh.

@ladycopnh1 - your weigh-in numbers appears to be transposed, well typo accident in fact. but IT LOOKS GOOD FOR SURE..... good job on that huge loss this week. you rock!!!!

@FatimaStartsAllOver and @ladycopnh1 OMG - I didn't even notice the typo. I just looked at the last two digits...hopefully you didn't lose 105 lbs! :D But 5lbs is amazing
  • gabi_texanmom
    Progress so far...
    1 Jan 204.2 lbs
    7 Jan 204.2 lbs

No progress but at least it’s not an increase! Been a bit naughty on the eating front, been back at work since 2nd January and need to get back into healthy eating if possible. Too much cake and biscuits around at work!!

MY JOB DOES THE SAME THING some people make cakes, muffins, cookies they also bring in bagels and rolls. And whenever I pass by the kitchen I just stare 😂😂😂 so far I’ve been really good with not eating all the treats but it’s definitely difficult.

I completely understand - it takes so much discipline to change eating habits! Just yesterday I was offered kolaches (pigs in a blanket for you non-Texans), a Dairy Queen blizzard (thick ice cream shake mixed with candy and oreo cookies), and chocolate cake! I just stay away from the break room!!!!
  • gabi_texanmom
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I’m super super nervous 😂😂I haven’t been consistently weighing myself in almost a year (which is probably the reason why I gained so much weight) I felt like I got very discouraged with the results of the scale and became very obsessive with seeing the scale number go down every single day. I hope that I can build a healthier relationship with the scale because I know it’s important to weigh oneself to see progress 😊 and not every day/week is going to be a large loss in weight. So far I haven’t stepped on the scale since Jan 2 so so far so good haha and also I’m eating healthier and with portion sizes 👍🏻👍🏻

I have the same issue! I weigh-in weekly because I don't want to obsess with numbers on the scale. I read on another post to measure inches and to take pictures on weigh-in days, so that you can see progress when the scale doesn't move. I did measurements, no pics, and it was AWESOME to see the change in inches.

• AlexandraMBT
    Progress so far...
    1 Jan 204.2 lbs
    7 Jan 204.2 lbs

I completely understand - it takes so much discipline to change eating habits! Just yesterday I was offered kolaches (pigs in a blanket for you non-Texans), a Dairy Queen blizzard (thick ice cream shake mixed with candy and oreo cookies), and chocolate cake! I just stay away from the break room!!!!
    Progress so far...
    1 Jan 204.2 lbs
    7 Jan 204.2 lbs

Yes for sure I try to stay away I just go in to get my tea or coffee and I’m out 😂👍🏻
  • AlexandraMBT
    Tomorrow is my weigh in day and I’m super super nervous 😂😂I haven’t been consistently weighing myself in almost a year (which is probably the reason why I gained so much weight) I felt like I got very discouraged with the results of the scale and became very obsessive with seeing the scale number go down every single day. I hope that I can build a healthier relationship with the scale because I know it’s important to weigh oneself to see progress 😊 and not every day/week is going to be a large loss in weight. So far I haven’t stepped on the scale since Jan 2 so so far so good haha and also I’m eating healthier and with portion sizes 👍🏻👍🏻

I have the same issue! I weigh-in weekly because I don't want to obsess with numbers on the scale. I read on another post to measure inches and to take pictures on weigh-in days, so that you can see progress when the scale doesn't move. I did measurements, no pics, and it was AWESOME to see the change in inches.

Ill definitely try that. Last year I gave up the scale because I was developing an unhealthy habit of weighing myself and then if I didn’t lose weight I would skip meals just to see that number go down the next day, so I gave up the scale. But I’m definitely going to ONLY weigh myself on weigh in days and I’m totally going to take measurements so that I can track my progress. Thank you for the idea!
  • ladycopnh1
    OMG :o . I wish I could loose 100pds in one week. I WILL weigh that again some day. The number I want to get to is 253. That is what I weighed the last major diet I went on. Then I want to aim for 199. I have to go to a wedding in cowboy country (Wyoming ) in October and no body knows I'm on a weight loss challenge to loose fluff. So I want be under 200 before I fly out there.

I weigh myself each day just for "my" accountability, If I see the number going up I know I need to stop and think of what I am doing or NOT doing.

It is so good to see such inspiring messages.

ponytail75, xbrainbelt, MrsAmy, the leadmare......how are you girls doing ? we would love to hear from you.
    How has your diet plans been working so far ? Can we help in any way ?

Starting Weight: 271
    Jan. 7: 266
    Jan. 14:
    Jan. 21:
    Jan. 28:

Total January loss:
  • DaniMerc72
    DaniMerc72 Posts: 188 Member
    I'm in!! I am 47, 218 and tired of being so tired all the time! I'm not the best at posting, but I'll get in there as often as I can!

Start weight: 224lbs
    Current Weight: 218lbs
    Goal Weight: 135-140 (UGH-it seems so far away!)

My first goal weight is to get to ONE-derland. I'm going to drink more water, decrease my calories in, move my *kitten* more and go to the gym, and stop mindless boredom eating at home.

Good luck to all of us in meeting our goals in 2020!
  • ghoulgoth
    ghoulgoth Posts: 6 Member
    @FatimaStartsAllOver - You are my inspiration! Congrats on losing so much weight with just walking. I will try going for walks during my lunch hour too, hoping to get some more steps in during the day.
    About the apple watch, I love the features, but the battery life is awful! I dislike that it needs to be charged every other day - I prefer once a week like fitbit. Now I have to make more room on my nightstand AND remember to charge it. :|

@fewmoremilestogo - Oh no, I'm sorry about the ER trip. About 10 yrs ago, I had lost a significant amount of weight, exercised daily, and even did some running for fun. I had a few medical issues so I stopped my workouts, and after I recovered, I tried going right back into my old exercise routine. BIG MISTAKE! I threw up, trying to push myself so hard, fainted, AND threw my back out for a week!! So now I definitely ease into my workouts and listen to my body.

@beautifulblessings83 - I wish I had more support and an accountability partner too. Where are you from? My hubby, daughters, and best friends don't have weight issues. I am now much heavier than all of my sisters too. My sister that always had weight issues actually had weight loss surgery 2 years ago, lost 100lbs, and eats anything she wants. I definitely want to give in to the sugary snacks and load up on the carbs, but in the end, it's not worth it! I want to be around a long time, I want to be healthy, I want to be a good example for my girls, and I want to look good by the time I'm in my 40s!!! We can do this! I sent you a friend request. :)

@ghoulgoth - Congrats on stopping smoking! That is HUGE, especially while finishing up your degree and working on weight loss. What are your next plans? Do you get to stay in NYC? I've always wanted to visit there!

@tawtyping - Fantastic! No gain is definitely a win. For me, I always see a slight gain when I first start eating better and working out, it's almost like my body clings to my fluff with a death grip. LOL

@CathyRocky - Dinner sounds yummy! Way to go with sticking with your portions and skipping dessert.

@ladycopnh1 - WOW! Congrats on the huge loss! That is AWESOME motivation to keep going!

@gabi_texanmom You’re so sweet thank you!! I’ve lived in NYC my whole life so I want to leave after graduation 😆 I need some nature and fresh air in my life!! but it depends entirely on my employment I suppose. I’m majoring in textile/surface design so jobs are hard to come by even in the city! We’ll see :) you should definitely come visit when you get the chance! I’ll show you around haha