Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Options
    raspeary wrote: »
    First time today doing this.
    I am hoping this will keep me motivated and feel like I am making progress towards my weight goals.

JFT Thursday:
    1. Get a 3 mile fitness walk in
    2. Close all my apple watch rings
    3. Drink more water
    4. Get caught up on my reports and paperwork for work before going to work
    5. Continue to keep logging my food
    6. Keep trying to be more careful about portions when eating

@raspeary WELCOME! WELCOME! WELCOME!
    Hope you reach your goals on this journey. Congratulations for loving you and doing this important thing for yourself. We are happy to have you be a part. Proud of you. Enjoy the journey.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    Recap W 1/8 ~ feeling almost normal, being gentle w/ myself & still no workout
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings = Fitbit 8,844 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 30 floors :)
    2) Meals prelogged / stick w/ plans / net calories zero / 14c water = Stuck w/ plan except evening peanut M&Ms (my kryptonite) & logged G/B/U best I could. Net cals -142 :/ , sodium -409, sugar -24 :/ , fiber low again :( , protein ok, 14c water
    3) Be productive at work :) / clear more inbox :)
    4) Evening: make supper (Schwan's Mediterranean-style chicken breast, brown rice, side salad) :) / put away clean dishes :) / meal plan & grocery list :neutral: started / prep clothes/boots for R workplace lunchtime mindful hike :) / other? :) read Sunday ads, little decluttering & stuff in recycle bin, watched Jeopardy GOAT
    5) Unplug 9:00 :) / floss :s / retainers :smiley: / bed & tv off 10:20 >:) don't want to start this cycle again

JFT R 1/9
    1) Weights/circuit-training (home version) before work = :mrgreen: first time in 7 weeks since I worked out before work
    2) Change clothes & leave early for workplace lunchtime mindful hike at LM (everyone else has been so early for a change)
    3) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    4) Meals & snacks planned & mostly prelogged / net calories zero / 14c water
    5) PA-BB progress / review docs for F a.m. meeting / reduce inbox to target
    6) To-do's: put air in car tires (stupid dramatic little light ~ is it a false alarm? red alert?) / make supper (orange roughy, veg, side salad) / choir 6:30 / balance bank accts / update budget s/s / start undecorating / prep clothes/boots/warmers for Fri 5K event / other?
    7) Unplug 9:00 / FLOSS / retainers / BED & NO TV 10:20

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement

Word for 2020: Persist
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,732 Member
    Options
    I’ll catch up tonight but wanted to take time to post goals

Yesterday I logged all food, every ugly bite of it. I did not get in my 2L of water, only 1.5.

JFT - Thursday Jan 9
    Log all food
    2l of water
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    SERmom3 wrote: »
    Hi folks! I’d love to join. I read through the previous 11 pages and I see a lot of support and positivity and I’d like a piece of that! 😉

I’ve been on MFP since 2013 after my 3rd child was born. For several years, I would bounce up to my highest weight of 180. I also had gallbladder surgery in 2016 and STRUGGLED to find a way to eat that didn’t have me running to the bathroom within minutes. Finally, in 2018 I found something that works and have been slowly losing weight since then.

SW: 180
    CW: 143.8
    GW: 140

2020 Goals:
    • Reach goal weight - I am so close! I know I’ll likely hit it soon and will probably set a new goal to a lower weight, but I just want to finally hit the goal I set so long ago!
    • Get a physical - haven’t had one in years!
    • Complete the “You Vs The Year” challenge. (Complete 1020km in 2020)
    • Learn how to maintain weight once ultimate goal is reached.

JFT:
    - Stay in the green
    - Go for a walk
    - Drink more water and actually log it

Thanks for the thread. I look forward to supporting you all on your goals this year!

Great job so far! Here is to saying goodbye to the last few pounds!
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    My weight history and 2020 goals:
    Name: Joan
    5'11"
    69 yrs old

SW Year 2017: 217
    SW Year 2018: 195.5
    SW Year 2019 : 206
    SW Year 2020: 182.6

Goals for 2020:
    These are the healthy habits I would like to do in 2020:
    1. Lose 15 pounds to get to my ultimate goal of 165, and then learn how to maintain it.
    2. To be better with planning my meals each week
    3. to get up in the morning, and have a rough idea of what I plan to eat the rest of the day.
    4. To stop mindless eating. To learn how to eat to live, not live to eat.
    5. To make drinking water a regular habit.. and drink 8+ glasses of water a day

2020 - January Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Joan
    SW: 185.4 (Jan 3)
    GW: 180.4

CW:
    Jan 3: 185.4
    Jan 7: 182.5 - got into Candy Kisses last nite :/
    Jan 9: 186.0 -- think this is from eating a large tub of popcorn at the movies tuesday nite ... hoping that is why the spike in my weight :/

Word for the year for me will be Mindfulness. to be mindful of the consequences of eating junk food, repeating bad habits, etc.

I am having the hardest time getting back into tracking... I do this every year. I made it through the holidays without gaining too much, but the gloomy months of January through March, I always gain ... and I'm doing that now. Time to really buckle down, track my food, come up with distractions, etc.!!

So goals for Today, Thurs
    1. log all my food
    2. concentrate on getting in 8+ c water
    3. sew chemo hats tonite... but have my water with me. Do NOt give in to eating.
    4. delay gratification ... this has to be a habit I learn this year! Stop the mindless eating .. another habit I need to master this year.
    5. do not get discouraged and give up. Look at where I have been .. not where I need to go.
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,474 Member
    Options
    SERmom3 wrote: »
    Hi folks! I’d love to join. I read through the previous 11 pages and I see a lot of support and positivity and I’d like a piece of that! 😉

I’ve been on MFP since 2013 after my 3rd child was born. For several years, I would bounce up to my highest weight of 180. I also had gallbladder surgery in 2016 and STRUGGLED to find a way to eat that didn’t have me running to the bathroom within minutes. Finally, in 2018 I found something that works and have been slowly losing weight since then.

SW: 180
    CW: 143.8
    GW: 140

2020 Goals:
    • Reach goal weight - I am so close! I know I’ll likely hit it soon and will probably set a new goal to a lower weight, but I just want to finally hit the goal I set so long ago!
    • Get a physical - haven’t had one in years!
    Complete the “You Vs The Year” challenge. (Complete 1020km in 2020)
    • Learn how to maintain weight once ultimate goal is reached.

JFT:
    - Stay in the green
    - Go for a walk
    - Drink more water and actually log it

Thanks for the thread. I look forward to supporting you all on your goals this year!

Welcome! Are you on MapMyWalk (or Run)? Because I've done You v Year Challenges the past two years and I'm in again this year. In 2018 I finished in October, but 2019 was a later finish in December. 1020km is totally doable! Btw, I walk, I'm not a runner.
  • raspeary
    raspeary Posts: 25 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @ cschmitz110515

Welcome! Are you on MapMyWalk (or Run)? Because I've done You v Year Challenges the past two years and I'm in again this year. In 2018 I finished in October, but 2019 was a later finish in December. 1020km is totally doable! Btw, I walk, I'm not a runner.[/quote]

Does mapmywalk keep track of the indoor fitness walks too? I do a lot of fitness walks following Leslie Sansone in the winter time. Will it keep track of those equivalent miles?
  • raspeary
    raspeary Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    raspeary wrote: »
    @ cschmitz110515

Welcome! Are you on MapMyWalk (or Run)? Because I've done You v Year Challenges the past two years and I'm in again this year. In 2018 I finished in October, but 2019 was a later finish in December. 1020km is totally doable! Btw, I walk, I'm not a runner.

Does mapmywalk keep track of the indoor fitness walks too? I do a lot of fitness walks following Leslie Sansone in the winter time. Will it keep track of those equivalent miles?[/quote]

• SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options

I use MapMyFitness, so same thing, but allows me to choose a walk, run, hike, etc. Last year I pretty much started in July and got up over 800km and I took the month of December off, so I’m feeling pretty good about completing it this year. I already have 46km under my belt, so I’m off to a decent start. Oh, and I also walk. I might run a mile here or there, but I’ve become quite a committed walker this past year.

@raspeary The indoor workouts I’ve done have been on a treadmill. The app doesn’t track my distance, but I can manually enter in my stats from the treadmill. If you did a dvd, you could probably log your time walking and an estimate of your pace and it will calculate calories burned. It also syncs with MFP so you earn the calories here too.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Thursday9 January

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Loose that 5kg :# was at -1.1 but gained .2 back and nothing lost in the past 2 days. Patience is required!

Loose 5lb challenge

SW 122
    CW 122.4 (+.2) :#. No progress >:)

• ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB Sending you hugs
  • ZizzyBumble
    Options
    @ZizzyBumble Good Morning! Have A Great Day! Love ya!

Thank you Mary, I hope you had a good day.