Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2020
    New day! New week! Another opportunity to achieve great things, one step at a time.
    I am straight into all my group meetings again. Determined to manage my time better.
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    03 Jan: 151.8
    04 Jan: 151.4
    05 Jan: 151.2 This is mostly water weight.
    06 Jan: 151.2 - 1.1
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need. This is going to be way harder than I thought.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library. The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas > 5 chapters per week
    2. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    3. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Sun 05 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    🌟
    Activities:
    • Declutter dining room 🌟
    • Visit DED and grands. 🌟
    • Prep for Creative Writing tomorrow 🌟
    • Prep for Monday Painters tomorrow 🌟
    • Read Ch 2🌟Intriguing book from this Sunday Times Bestselling Author. Set in London 1885.
    JFT Mon 06 Jan
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • 10.30am: Creative Writing
    • 2pm: Monday Painters
    • The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas: Read Ch 3
    • Chores
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Monday 6 January

Log accurately
      Stay in the green
      5 fruit and veg
      Water
      Fitbit exercise goals
      Loose that 5 kg (no further progress, still at -1.1) :/

Discard 5lb challenge
      SW 122
      CW 122 (-0) :/
    • ZizzyBumble
      ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
      Thank you for the supportive and encouraging comments.

Good wishes to those who are returning to work after the festive break.

@Faebert Wishing you a speedy recovery. I know you are wise enough to make the right decisions post surgery and accept that the change in routine is likely to bring about a temporary change in your body tone. Is there some skill you could practice and set accomplishment goals until you are able to return to your running etc?
    • HEGoddard0928
      HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
      2020- January Discard 5lb Challenge
      Name: Hannah
      SW: 185.0
      GW: 180.0
      CW: 183.8
      WL: -1.6

• clicketykeys
      clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
      Hey everyone, one thing I want to start doing is logging. Is there anyone else on here who is the non-cook in their household? My husband is very thoughtful, but I've never been sure how to measure out a serving of, say, jambalaya. It's easier if he fixes pork chops or something because I can use a precooked weight. But a casserole or pasta dish that isn't in an easy-to-math 9x13 pan is a lot harder to judge.
    • pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,238 Member
      Hey everyone, one thing I want to start doing is logging. Is there anyone else on here who is the non-cook in their household? My husband is very thoughtful, but I've never been sure how to measure out a serving of, say, jambalaya. It's easier if he fixes pork chops or something because I can use a precooked weight. But a casserole or pasta dish that isn't in an easy-to-math 9x13 pan is a lot harder to judge.

I set stuff like that up in recipes. It's tough because hubby cooks without recipes so I have to watch him or ask him to write it down. Then I can measure servings by a portion of the overall weight that I think is reasonable.

Good Luck!

• pridesabtch
      pridesabtch Posts: 2,238 Member
      I gotta say, blood donation used to take less out of me. I am tanked and its only 12:45!
    • bookmeister86
      bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
      I gotta say, blood donation used to take less out of me. I am tanked and its only 12:45!

Well done! It's worth the tiredness. I'm giving blood on Wed... or at least I plan to give blood, the last time I went I was turned away as my iron was a tad low. I won't eat extra calories until I have actually given this time!!
    • beachwalker99
      beachwalker99 Posts: 939 Member
      Didn't get much done yesterday. DH wanted to go look at a couple of condo open houses near where he works, so I went along. We're halfway through year two of our current living arrangement with him in a commuter apartment M-Th nights and home on the weekends. Now that he's settled into the job that led to this arrangement, it makes more sense to buy than rent. Although it's only until he retires in a few years, it still feels odd. On one hand, we've both benefited from his move to a less stressful job and fewer hours spent commuting. On the other, it can be a struggle to maintain a sense of connection.

Although I haven't commented on anyone's posts yet, I have been following them with concern for those of you going through tough health and relationship challenges. I've been in some of those places, and while I'm not sure what insights I have to offer, I know it's harder to deal with challenges alone. Sending hugs and support.

Goals for Sunday, January 5, 2020
      • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
      • Laundry , part 2 (towels and sheets) – 30% - 1 load washed and dried
      • Read Twelfth Night - 50%

Goals for Monday, January 6, 2020
      • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
      • Walk 30+ minutes
      • Pay bills
      • Organize remaining returns
      • Pack boxes to be mailed
      • Finish towels and sheets
      • Finish reading Twelfth Night