Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY
2020- January Discard 5lb Challenge
HEGoddard0928 wrote: »JFT, 1/2/20
1. Hit my water goal for the day Doubled it again
2. Actually eat lunch If you call hummus, carrot sticks, and a cheese stick lunch. Lol
3. Figure out dinner We ended up getting takeout but I got a chicken caesar salad so not toooo terrible I guess.
4. Run to the store for veggies Doing that today. In a few minutes actually.
5. Drive Mom to Union Beach It was 45 minutes away but we had a lovely chat while I drove up. I listened to a podcast on my way home.
6. Library Was there for all of 2 minutes. I knew exactly where the next book was on the shelf and it was on the ground floor so it took only a few seconds to find it.
7. Write Chapter 17 Nope. Just didnt get around to it. Gonna write it tonight!
8. Gym My hips were super tight from the walk the day before I think so I passed. I'm gonna go this evening though.
9. Bed before 11 I laid down at like 9:45ish and read for about an hour. Was still out by 11 I think.
Did anyone else get an error message when they tried to log onto the MFP website or when they tried to get into the community section of the app? I tried all morning to get in and I couldn't. But I'm in now so it's all good I guess. Matt is at work and closes his store tonight so I am by myself until late this evening. I have a bunch of things I want to do today but I don't know how much of it I am actually going to get done. Lol.
School starts again on Monday. I'm excited to go back because I miss my student and the other teachers but I also know that the first week back is going to be rough. Most of the students with autism do not like change to their routine. It is going to be a rough transition back into the classroom. 16 days off is a really long time. I mean I've loved it. But I haven't been getting paid for the time off so I'm looking forward to that again too. Lol
Okay, onto my goals so I can get out and get moving!
1. Log all my food
2. Grocery run
3. Write Ch. 17
5. Meet water goal
6. Drop off rent
7. Pick 1 order
Have a great day everyone!5
Just For Today in 2020
Drove to Charlotte, which is 30 miles from where I live.
Took daughter to UPS STORE
Back home at lunch and ate
Watched Westerns(old cowboy movies)
Reading and paperwork
Watching Hallmark Channel
It's a very windy and rainy afternoon so no stroll. Just relax and hope for better weather tomorrow.
ZizzyBumble wrote: »Friday January 3
Stay in the green
5 fruit and veg
Fitbit exercise goals
Loose the recent 5kg gain (-0.5 so far)
I'm in for the 5 lb challenge again! Thanks for starting it!
January 2020 - Discard 5 lb challenge
SW: 184 lb 1/3/2020
GW: 179 lb
Terri: I love your word for the year! That makes so much sense! I know I'll end up changing my focus and my word but haven't come up with quite the right frame of mind for this year yet.
Bookmeister: SO happy to see you back! I always miss you when you are gone. Sounds like you had a nice holiday traveling.
We got some troubling news today about my husband's health. I don't have details yet, as he only gave me vague details and then went up north hunting for a few hours. I think he didn't want to upset me at work, so I'm waiting patiently for him to come home and fill me in more. Hoping for the best but have to admit I'm scared to hear what he has to say about his doctor visit today.
Today I didn't enter goals because I was providing go-live support at a new clinic we opened, plus I got upset after the phone call from my DH. So.... I didn't eat much or drink any water. I couldn't get myself to take a walk because I have a stress headache. But at least I'm in the green, getting lots of activity inside, drinking water now and it's Friday.
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! I'll hop on in the morning!9
I wanted to get a jump on tomorrow's goals...I don't always get a chance to be on-line in the morning.
JFT - for 1/4/20
Log all food intake
Drink only water5
I really like this idea of setting daily goals.
So since Im starting during the middle of the night my Today Goal is to:
-go to bed so I wont be tired for work. I have to be at work at 4am.
-No more snacking and drinking only water.
Well I tried to log in this morning a few times to post goals and couldn’t get in. Then I got busy.
My goals for today would have been
log all food
2L of water
I did meet those goals yesterday and today I’ve only logged all food.
Everyone at work is in agreement that we need to get healthy and quit having so much junk around. That lasted until today when 5 large pizzas and 2 cakes were ordered because a long term employee was leaving. There were only about 10 of us actually invited. I of course didn’t decline and should have.
Rodger went for another walk today, his birthday is next week and I think for his birthday I’m going to buy him a membership to the rec centre for at least 6 months. He seems to be enjoying it.
I have been reading and I so want to have the tome to respond like I used to but I’m finding it so hard for some reason.
I miss interacting more and miss all of you.6
Kuhl50 Posts: 416 MemberI need to go read the tips on posting in these forums so I can reply to folks and show progress from previous day, but...
Friday (today)’s goals:
1. Do walk/run per my run app 😀
2. Do 2 reps of yoga stretches 😃
3. Pre-plan a “treat” and evaluate any temptations during the day against the promised treat 😀
4.Figure out food for tomorrow (Saturday) while away from home 😃
5. Log all food and be green😃
6. Upstairs by 9:30 to journal and do a Calm meditation (upstairs, journaled, did meditation without Calm)
1. Up at 7, change into workout clothes
2. Finish packing clothes; pack food for lunch, dinner, breakfast, 2d lunch, snacks, tea, water
3. Make an omelette for breakfast
4. Once at boat, go for 40+ min walk, the. Do 7 minute workout per app
5. Log all food, stay green
6. Journal and meditate
7. Enter JFT goals for Sunday!
8. In bed by 10pm5
TerriRichardson112 Posts: 15,893 Member
Welcome to the first weekend of 2020. Looks like we are ready to rock and roll!
The only failure is giving up!============================================================
2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
01 Aug 2019: 170.1
31 Dec 2019: 151.2
Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
Depth Year - Initial thoughts:I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.Daily Goals
- I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
- I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
- I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
- Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
- Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
- Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores
JFT Fri 3 Jan
Daily Goals: 👍🏻 Stayed under goal and had snacking under control. Exercise was good. Decluttering Christmas stuff.
- am: take Christmas decorations down and pack away👍🏻All packed up and ready for storage.
- 2pm: Parchment Craft👍🏻Good session.
- More Laundry👍🏻Keeping on top of it. Another load is drying and I will fold and store tomorrow
I need to go read the tips on posting in these forums so I can reply to folks and show progress from previous day, but...
- am: dismantle Christmas tree and pack away
- Put donation bag in car/take to charity shop
- Local shopping (butcher, newsagent, charity shop)
- More Laundry/chores
- Declutter/reorganise plastic storage containers
- Pick a book from my 'To Read' pile and read 1st chapter
Saturday 4 Jan
Stay in the green
5 fruit and veg
Fitbit exercise goals
Loose the recent 5kg gain (-1.1 so far). I know this is not true weight loss but neither was it all true gain as it would have been impossible to put so much on in such a short time! I think about 3 kg is true weight gain and will take more effort to shift.
I need to pre plan meals and go shopping as it looks as if the weather is about to turn nasty (high wind, heavy rain/hail etc.) for a lot of next week.3
@PackerFanInGB sending you a hug, it’s hard waiting for health news of your loved ones and doubly difficult when you want to support them and don’t want to upset them with your emotions.2
bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 MemberMorning all! It is not raining today and I have already been for a run - my second in two days. My legs are a little tired now! Hoping to have a nice restful weekend with a good mix of fun, catching up on jobs and also coming up with my yearly goals! (Which I was too busy to do over Christmas)
So, yesterday's goals:bookmeister86 wrote: »
Today I will:
- Log everything I eat
- Stick to food plan
- Stay within maintenance
- Drink 3+ bottles water
- Run to work
- Talk back to sabotaging thoughts didn't really have any, motivation still high
- Stay positive
- Take 45+ minute lunch break
- Finish work by 6pm
- Plan weekend activities (including fun!) was too lazy/tired, just felt like flopping
- Speak to boyfriend in French ditto
- Gratitude journal ditto!
Today I will:
- Log everything I eat
- Be in the green
- Drink 4+ bottles water
- Do fun activities
- Do weekly food shop
- Have proper quality time with boyfriend - not just slumping in front of TV!
- Plan tomorrow's activities
- Start planning yearly goals
- Do gratitude journal
@PackerFanInGB I missed you too! Glad to be back and posting. I do tend to lurk when I am not on as I like to know what's going on with everyone even when I'm feeling too lazy to post I'm sorry about your husband, am crossing my fingers that it's nothing too serious. Thinking of you x
clicketykeys Posts: 6,123 Memberclicketykeys wrote: »So, the place I thought I could go for a run inside allows walking but not running. (It's a mall that has been converted into office space.) And it's raining and cold again today, so I won't be running. I'm going to try to do some yoga later. Found a spot for my gloves, got the necklace made, desk is mostly cleaned off. Finished putting laundry away this morning but now there's a new load going. *sigh* It never ends.
Blogging is a struggle. I'm determined to get the post I started yesterday finished and it would be nice to knock out another one before I head to the garden for my last shift as Mrs. Claus. I'm feeling unsettled and discouraged. I think I also need to check my semester overview.
Did not do yoga. Did get the blog post finished and another started and developed but not finished. Did not look at my semester overview. Where did my day go?! *sigh*
1. Take the sheets off the bed and wash them.
2. Run. Preferably early, as it is supposed to get colder as the day goes on.
3. YOGA. My balance is crap.
4. Finish the blog post. Review units for the upcoming semester.
5. Visit with Z! Hurray!4
Good morning all!
January 2020 Discard 5 lbs Challenge:
SW: 112.2 (I was very surprised by this, I was sure it would be higher from the holidays but I have been losing quite a bit of water the past few days)
GW: 107.2 (this may also be my UGW, I feel best in the 105 area but I haven't been that in years so who knows if I would still feel the same)
@PackerFanInGB big hugs to you, I hope it's nothing too serious 💖💖
1. Stay within calorie goal😁
2. Finish work at 5:20😁
3. Buy battery for scale😁
4. Cook dinner😁
1. Stay within calorie goal
2. Do workout
I'm leaving today pretty open ended, I feel like I need to start small my first weekend of the new year.
I was mostly good yesterday until I stopped and got a fresh warm doughnut on my way home from the bar. Oh, still in maintenance yesterday and everything else was on point.
Help girls with SS Fair Projects
If it stops raining, walk
Have a great day y’all!3
For those concerned about Bex, I reached out to her and heard from her a few days before Christmas. She said she's fine, just very busy with the holidays. Hopefully, that's still the case.5
Hi, can I join please?
I'm starting today.
Sick of fad diets and sick of feeling bloated and having no energy on my current diet of eat anything I want , when I want
My just for today goals are:
-Drink 2 litres of water
-Have a healthy breakfast, lunch and dinner.
-Track everything .
-Choose healthy snack ( not crisps and biscuits ).
- Get active .
Have about a stone to lose , but it's more my lack of energy and bad tummy is spurring me on to start back today .
Lol @aubyshortcake, I just bought a battery for my scales today too !2
HEGoddard0928 wrote: »
1. Log all my food The good, the bad, and the ugly
2. Grocery run Was very VERY proud of me. I found a container of single-serve brownie batter hummus that I almost bought but I'm trying to cut back on my sugar and those little individual containers had like 15g! No thank you!
3. Write Ch. 17 Came out well I think
5. Laundry Done! Just need to fold it but that's for today...hopefully
7. Meet water goal Exceeded it again!
9. Drop off rent Done! I'm really glad that we are able to get that back on track again!
11. Pick 1 order I really should have but it was so dreary out that I just didn't want to go out and do things productive. Well other than food shopping and laundry. Lol
Have a great day everyone!
Good morning everyone! How is everyone? Well, I hope!
I had a terrible food day yesterday. After I got home from the food store I was in a munchy mood. Ate almost a full bag of popcorn, 2 servings of chicken nuggets, and two small glasses of wine. And I found out that ketchup and wine do not taste well together. But today is a new day. Only two more days before school starts up again. Mixed feelings there. Lol. I love my student and getting paid but also love the time off and getting so much time to write. Oh well. Cia la vie. Back to the daily grind, I guess. Lol.
Okay onto goals!
-Reach water goal
-Log all my food
-Write chapter 18 and maybe 19
-Watch 2 more lessons of my Udemy writing class
-Pick 1 order
-Put the Christmas tree away
Okay. I think that's all for today. I think it's enough though. Lol.2
- 1.5M All Categories
- 1.4M Health, Wellness and Goals
- 386.3K Introduce Yourself
- 42.5K Getting Started
- 258.2K Health and Weight Loss
- 174.8K Food and Nutrition
- 47.1K Recipes
- 231.7K Fitness and Exercise
- 304 Sleep, Mindfulness and Overall Wellness
- 6.3K Goal: Maintaining Weight
- 8.4K Goal: Gaining Weight and Body Building
- 72.9K Success Stories
- 152K Motivation and Support
- 7.4K Challenges
- 1.2K Debate Club
- 96.1K Chit-Chat
- 2.5K Fun and Games
- 1.9K MyFitnessPal Information
- 20 News and Announcements
- 502 Feature Suggestions and Ideas
- 1.4K MyFitnessPal Tech Support Questions