• ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Friday January 3

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Loose the recent 5kg gain (-0.5 so far) :)

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited January 2020

Welcome to the first weekend of 2020. Looks like we are ready to rock and roll!
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Initial thoughts:
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    3. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Fri 3 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    👍🏻 Stayed under goal and had snacking under control. Exercise was good. Decluttering Christmas stuff.
    Activities:
    • am: take Christmas decorations down and pack away👍🏻All packed up and ready for storage.
    • 2pm: Parchment Craft👍🏻Good session.
    • More Laundry👍🏻Keeping on top of it. Another load is drying and I will fold and store tomorrow
    JFT Sat 4 Jan
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • am: dismantle Christmas tree and pack away
    • Put donation bag in car/take to charity shop
    • Local shopping (butcher, newsagent, charity shop)
    • More Laundry/chores
    • Declutter/reorganise plastic storage containers
    • Pick a book from my 'To Read' pile and read 1st chapter
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    I need to go read the tips on posting in these forums so I can reply to folks and show progress from previous day, but...
    The easiest way is to hit <Quote> and edit what they have written. E.g. I hit quote on your post and deleted all but your question.
  • ZizzyBumble
    Saturday 4 Jan

Log accurately
    Stay in the green
    5 fruit and veg
    Water
    Fitbit exercise goals
    Loose the recent 5kg gain (-1.1 so far). :) I know this is not true weight loss but neither was it all true gain as it would have been impossible to put so much on in such a short time! I think about 3 kg is true weight gain and will take more effort to shift.

I need to pre plan meals and go shopping as it looks as if the weather is about to turn nasty (high wind, heavy rain/hail etc.) for a lot of next week.
  • ZizzyBumble
    @PackerFanInGB sending you a hug, it’s hard waiting for health news of your loved ones and doubly difficult when you want to support them and don’t want to upset them with your emotions.
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    edited January 2020
    Morning all! It is not raining today and I have already been for a run - my second in two days. My legs are a little tired now! Hoping to have a nice restful weekend with a good mix of fun, catching up on jobs and also coming up with my yearly goals! (Which I was too busy to do over Christmas)

So, yesterday's goals:

Today I will:

- Log everything I eat :smile:
    - Stick to food plan :smile:
    - Stay within maintenance :smile:
    - Drink 3+ bottles water :smile:
    - Run to work :smile:

- Talk back to sabotaging thoughts :neutral: didn't really have any, motivation still high
    - Stay positive :smile:

- Take 45+ minute lunch break :smile:
    - Finish work by 6pm :smile:
    - Plan weekend activities (including fun!) :/ was too lazy/tired, just felt like flopping
    - Speak to boyfriend in French :/ditto
    - Gratitude journal :/ditto!

Today I will:

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 4+ bottles water

- Do fun activities
    - Do weekly food shop

- Have proper quality time with boyfriend - not just slumping in front of TV!
    - Plan tomorrow's activities
    - Start planning yearly goals
    - Do gratitude journal

@PackerFanInGB I missed you too! Glad to be back and posting. I do tend to lurk when I am not on as I like to know what's going on with everyone even when I'm feeling too lazy to post :smiley: I'm sorry about your husband, am crossing my fingers that it's nothing too serious. Thinking of you x
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    edited January 2020
    So, the place I thought I could go for a run inside allows walking but not running. (It's a mall that has been converted into office space.) And it's raining and cold again today, so I won't be running. I'm going to try to do some yoga later. Found a spot for my gloves, got the necklace made, desk is mostly cleaned off. Finished putting laundry away this morning but now there's a new load going. *sigh* It never ends.

Blogging is a struggle. I'm determined to get the post I started yesterday finished and it would be nice to knock out another one before I head to the garden for my last shift as Mrs. Claus. I'm feeling unsettled and discouraged. I think I also need to check my semester overview.

Did not do yoga. Did get the blog post finished and another started and developed but not finished. Did not look at my semester overview. Where did my day go?! *sigh*

JFT Saturday

1. Take the sheets off the bed and wash them.
    2. Run. Preferably early, as it is supposed to get colder as the day goes on.
    3. YOGA. My balance is crap.
    4. Finish the blog post. Review units for the upcoming semester.
    5. Visit with Z! Hurray!
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Good morning all!

January 2020 Discard 5 lbs Challenge:

SW: 112.2 (I was very surprised by this, I was sure it would be higher from the holidays but I have been losing quite a bit of water the past few days)
    GW: 107.2 (this may also be my UGW, I feel best in the 105 area but I haven't been that in years so who knows if I would still feel the same)

@PackerFanInGB big hugs to you, I hope it's nothing too serious 💖💖

Yesterday 1/3:

1. Stay within calorie goal😁
    2. Finish work at 5:20😁
    3. Buy battery for scale😁
    4. Cook dinner😁

JFT 1/4:

1. Stay within calorie goal
    2. Do workout

I'm leaving today pretty open ended, I feel like I need to start small my first weekend of the new year.

• pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,238 Member
    I was mostly good yesterday until I stopped and got a fresh warm doughnut on my way home from the bar. Oh, still in maintenance yesterday and everything else was on point.

Today
    Ride
    Hair
    De-Christmas
    Help girls with SS Fair Projects
    If it stops raining, walk
    Stay Green
    Log everything!

Have a great day y’all!
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    Lol @aubyshortcake, I just bought a battery for my scales today too !
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    edited January 2020

JFT, 1/3/20

1. Log all my food :)The good, the bad, and the ugly
    2. Grocery run :)Was very VERY proud of me. I found a container of single-serve brownie batter hummus that I almost bought but I'm trying to cut back on my sugar and those little individual containers had like 15g! No thank you!
    3. Write Ch. 17 :)Came out well I think
    5. Laundry :smile: Done! Just need to fold it but that's for today...hopefully
    7. Meet water goal :smile: Exceeded it again!
    9. Drop off rent :smile: Done! I'm really glad that we are able to get that back on track again!
    11. Pick 1 order :disappointed:I really should have but it was so dreary out that I just didn't want to go out and do things productive. Well other than food shopping and laundry. Lol

Have a great day everyone!

Good morning everyone! How is everyone? Well, I hope!

I had a terrible food day yesterday. After I got home from the food store I was in a munchy mood. Ate almost a full bag of popcorn, 2 servings of chicken nuggets, and two small glasses of wine. And I found out that ketchup and wine do not taste well together. :D:s But today is a new day. Only two more days before school starts up again. :):s Mixed feelings there. Lol. I love my student and getting paid but also love the time off and getting so much time to write. Oh well. Cia la vie. Back to the daily grind, I guess. Lol.

Okay onto goals!

JFT 1/4/20

-Reach water goal
    -Log all my food
    -GYM!!!
    -Write chapter 18 and maybe 19
    -Watch 2 more lessons of my Udemy writing class
    -Pick 1 order
    -FOLD CLOTHES
    -Put the Christmas tree away

Okay. I think that's all for today. I think it's enough though. Lol.