Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Replies

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

JFT 1/4/20

-Reach water goal :smiley:Didnt double it this time but at least I hit it! School starts tomorrow so that will be the real test.
    -Log all my food :smiley:
    -GYM!!! :smiley:Walked on an incline for 27 min and read 4 chapters of my book
    -Write chapter 18 and maybe 19 :smiley:Wrote both!
    -Watch 2 more lessons of my Udemy writing class :smiley:I don't think I'm going to get much out of this but I bought it so I may as well push through it.
    -Pick 1 order :disappointed:Nope. I NEED to do at least one today!
    -FOLD CLOTHES :smiley:Done! I feel so much better when the clothes are folded and put away but I hate actually doing it because it hurts my back to bend over to do it.
    -Put the Christmas tree away :smiley:All done. Matt helped put the tree in the closet when he got home from work.

So I'm going to say that yesterday was an overall good day. Hit almost all of my goals! It's nice to see all of those smiley faces. Tomorrow is going to be a big wake up call though. School starts. So I'm going to make a list of goals tonight that I will post for tomorrow so that I don't forget about it. I've been writing them on the whiteboard that's on my fridge so that I actually see them throughout the day and don't just forget about them like I used do. Lol. It seems to definitely be helping so I am going to keep doing it.

I don't have much that I really want to do today because I want to keep this a nice quiet day. Matt works from 12-7 so I have a large chunk of time to not do much. I'm gonna work on my story and do some reading. I might go to the gym for a while but that's a huge maybe. I've also decided that I am going to start bringing my gym clothes with me to school and go to the gym that's right around the corner after school. I need to get into a weekly gym habit. And since there is a branch of my gym about 2 miles from the school, why not just bite the bullet and go after school? I'm already down that end of town anyway. And if I bring my clothes with me then I won't have to go home first and risk just saying screw it and not going. So that is my new goal.

Okay! Enough chatter. Onto goals!

JFT, 1/5/20

-Log all my food
    -GYM
    -Chapter 20/21
    -Put the dishes away
    -Pick one order!!!!
    -Figure out dinner
    -Bed by 9:30
    -Reach water goal
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 939 Member
    Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm looking forward to getting to know each of you through your posts.

Yesterday was a pretty good day, except for keeping to my calorie limit. Still recovering from a cold - I'm at about 90% today - and I'm still on winter break, so I'm having a fairly lazy weekend.

Goals for Saturday, January 4, 2020 (starting small)
    • Complete my food log and maintain a calorie deficit – 300 calories over :(
    • Laundry – 4 loads washed, dried, and folded :)
    • Pick up some groceries – √
    • Start video and readings for Twelfth Night - √
    • Dinner and a movie with my husband - :smiley:

Goals for Sunday, January 5, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Laundry , part 2 (towels and sheets)
    • Read Twelfth Night
  • Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Hi everyone,

So inspired by what I read here. And my thoughts are with those waiting on test results—best wishes!

Saturday goal status:
    1. Up at 7, change into workout clothes 😁
    2. Finish packing clothes; pack food for lunch, dinner, breakfast, 2d lunch, snacks, tea, water 😀...except forgot second lunch
    3. Make an omelette for breakfast 😁
    4. Once at boat, go for 40+ min walk, the. Do 7 minute workout per app🙂😕...walked 62 min but didn’t do app
    5. Log all food, stay green 😁
    6. Journal and meditate🙂😕...didn’t meditate
    7. Enter JFT goals for Sunday! 😄
    8. In bed by 10pm 😕...was later because I took 3 naps yesterday!!!

Sunday 1/5 goals:
    1. Walk at least 30min, 2 reps of yoga stretches
    2. Log all food, stay green
    3. Figure out a healthy lunch that my stomach will tolerate on drive back (forgot to pack food for a 2d lunch yesterday)
    4. Grocery shop and meal prep for next week
    5. Upstairs by 9pm, journal and meditate
    6. Set out workout clothes for Monday
    7. Enter JFT goals for Monday!

Whew, I thought it would be just a few things for a lazy Sunday but I got work to do!

Happy Sunday to all!
  • PackerFanInGB
    PackerFanInGB Posts: 3,322 Member
    edited January 2020
    Just For Saturday, 1/4/2020
    1. Make healthy choices & journal every single bite :)
    2. Daily reading in my new revised Simple Abundance book :)
    3. Drink 80+ oz of water :#Not 80, but hit 60 which is actually pretty good for me!
    4. 30 minutes activity / Yoga DVD to work on flexibility, balance and mindfulness :wink: Well, I got activity in but it wasn't intentional exercise. Just an active cleaning day, but I'm okay with that. With my husband out of commission, I'm working harder around the house to keep up.
    5. Calm app - one meditation :s
    6. Gratitude Journal before bed
    7. Daily reading in the newly revised Simple Abundance book :)
    8. Set up my sewing area ;)Moving to Sunday
    9. Watch football wild card games if I have time today. :D
    10. Continue reading from Genesis, Psalms, Proverbs and Matthew. :s
    11. Work on 2020's Bullet Journal :D

Discard 5 lb challenge - 2020 Round 1
    SW: 184 lb 1/3/2020
    CW: 182.6 -1.4 lb
    GW: 179 lb

Hi my JFT friends! Welcome to anyone recently joining us! Today is going to be a quiet day, I hope! I didn't sleep well last night. Tossed and turned a lot...(I forgot to take my med and I've got a lot of anxiety going on right now about my husband and my mom, so the combination did not make for a restful night. My own fault!) So, today I plan to watch the Wild Card NFC football games today to see which team will be coming here to Green Bay next week! So exciting to have a playoff game in town! I'm wondering if @cschmitz110515 has tickets to go! I'd love to be at the game, but tickets cost crazy high prices! I work with someone selling her tickets so could have gotten them from her, but we could take a road trip for what it would cost for two tickets!

I'm struggling today with what my goals should be. I have things I know I SHOULD do, and then I have things I would RATHER do. I'm hoping to reign myself in get done what I need to get done. I have much more on my shoulders right now since my husband is only good for about 10 minutes of weight-bearing and then is down for the day. I have been so blessed and spoiled for the past 4 years. He is retired and I work full time, so his "job" has been to take care of things around the house. I haven't had to work and be responsible for everything around the house for awhile and it's a lot of work. I don't think i realized fully just how much he does around here. I take weekends to recharge for the next week of work normally. I'm realizing how much I take for granted. It's humbling.

The sun is peeking out right now. It's kind of a pretty day, although I hear it's supposed to get windy. Plan to get out and take a walk with Maddie today.

Just For Sunday, 1/5/2020
    1. Make healthy choices & journal every single bite
    2. Daily reading
    3. Drink 80+ oz of water
    4. 30 minutes activity / Yoga DVD to work on flexibility, balance and mindfulness
    5. Meditate
    6. Gratitude Journal before bed
    7. Meal plan for week / Grocery list
    8. Set up my sewing area
    9. Watch NFC Wild Card games
    10. Continue reading from Genesis, Psalms, Proverbs and Matthew.
    11. Add to 2020 Bullet Journal

Monthly Goal(s)
    January's Habit: Log every single bite. Stop "tasting" without logging!

2020 GOALS
    • Choose one small "bad" habit to change every month (12 new healthy lifestyle changes will be result)
    • Make travel a priority. Stop waiting for "someday".
    • Get Mom moved up near us
    • Pay off all credit card debt
    • Minimalism: declutter and downsize "wants" vs "needs"
    • Weigh less on 1/1/2021 than today
    • Decrease in measurements on 1/1/2021. Move in the right direction!
    • Self-Care. Discover healthy hobbies or interests and schedule time to do them.
    • Work on positivity vs negativity.
    • Read the Bible all the way through.

Word of the Year|2020: Right now I have 2 them...Resilient / Present
    • I am resilient and always get back up when knocked down. I am resilient to life's curve balls.
    • Be present. Enjoy the special moments in your day.
  • PackerFanInGB
    @ZizzyBumble , @mytime6630 and @Snowflake1968, I will add you and your husbands to my prayers. I'm sorry to hear you are all dealing with the same worries. Together we can find healthy ways to channel that anxiety and we will help each other every step of the way! I believe we have developed that kind of friendship. (((GENTLE HUGS)))

@TerriRichardson112 Thank you for sharing your husband's GOOD outcome! I think there are more good outcomes than there are bad outcomes, but we just don't normally hear about those as often! You bring such an insightful and steady calming presence to this thread. I appreciate you so much.

@ZizzyBumble Your paragraph about 2020 WOTY being 'resilient' could have been written by me. With the uncertainties of this coming year, I felt success/succeed didn't quite feel right and last night I came up with resilient also. Resilient because I will face adversity this year and I will bounce back. Present because I feel like I need to cherish precious present moments more.

@scd78 I will be sending you a friend request! Can never have enough support! Welcome!

@LovePammie You look great! Welcome!
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,669 Member
    JFT - Sunday Jan 5
    2L of water
    Log all food

I failed yesterday’s goal for water. I did log all food.

I went to see Little Women with the girls last night. It was a good movie. I hadn’t read the book since I was little so didn’t judge any discrepancies, my eldest daughter didn’t like some of their casting. I don’t think my youngest read the book.

I came home and watched an episode of Madam Secretary I had recorded so I could be caught up when it came back. Turns out that was the final episode. I’ll miss that show.

Today the Grands are coming to spend the day while their Mom is at work. They haven’t been here on their own in months so I’m looking forward to it. Well I was until hubby and I had another argument. We just are not on the same wavelength right now and it’s driving me crazy. He seems to be put out with everything I say or do and he thinks that I am put out with him. I think it’s because we never do anything as a couple. We never leave the house together, we don’t have dates, we just watch tv and I think that’s our biggest issue. He doesn’t want to do anything with me and I don’t know what to suggest that he would ever say yes to. I have even suggested in the summer we go to races, but he doesnt seem interested.
    I’m just so tired of it

Wow so many husbands having health issues. I will add everyone to my prayers.

• PackerFanInGB
    JFT - Sunday Jan 5

Today the Grands are coming to spend the day while their Mom is at work. They haven’t been here on their own in months so I’m looking forward to it. Well I was until hubby and I had another argument. We just are not on the same wavelength right now and it’s driving me crazy. He seems to be put out with everything I say or do and he thinks that I am put out with him. I think it’s because we never do anything as a couple. We never leave the house together, we don’t have dates, we just watch tv and I think that’s our biggest issue. He doesn’t want to do anything with me and I don’t know what to suggest that he would ever say yes to. I have even suggested in the summer we go to races, but he doesnt seem interested.
    I’m just so tired of it

I'm sorry you're having these issues. My husband and I have these same things all the time! We never used to...I mean seriously, we never used to argue. Now it seems like everything out of my mouth is 'wrong' and he feels like I react the same way to him. I blame winter. It's depressing. I think age changes things too. My husband and I don't have the same interests we did years ago. I think people change and grow and sometimes our interests go in different directions. I'm not sure how to get us on the same page again, but I have noticed that really being mindful of my tone of voice and trying to have more patience has helped. I tend to be impatient if I think he is "wrong" when he is talking and believe me...I wear my feelings on my sleeve and everyone knows exactly what I'm thinking just by looking at my face! I could never play Poker for a living! hahaha! I have decided I cannot control him, his thoughts or his feelings, but I can control how I react to him. By taking deep breaths and stepping back a bit, I think I've been able to ease the tension a bit. Now with this latest health scare, however, I'm pretty much kissing his behind! Let's hope he doesn't get used to it, because it's not in my nature and probably won't last! :mrgreen:
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,238 Member
    I

Today
    Ride :smiley:
    Hair :smiley:
    De-Christmas :smiley:
    Help girls with SS Fair Projects :smiley:
    If it stops raining, walk :neutral: rained
    Stay Green :smiley:
    Log everything! :smiley:

Have a great day y’all!

Discard 5lb challenge
    SW: 1/1/20 168.2
    GW: 163.2
    CW: 1/5/20 167.2
    Loss: 1.0

Was up until 2:00am helping the girls with their social studies projects last night so no early morning spin before church.

After having a treat yesterday at lunch I wasn’t sure I’d make calories but I did. Yea me!

JFT Sunday

- Teach new young adult Sunday School Class
    - NAP
    - More Social Studies
    - East mindfully & stay green
    - Log everything
    - Get in at least 20 minutes of exercise
    - Bed by 11:00

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,669 Member
    JFT - Sunday Jan 5

I’m just so tired of it

I'm sorry you're having these issues. My husband and I have these same things all the time! We never used to...I mean seriously, we never used to argue. Now it seems like everything out of my mouth is 'wrong' and he feels like I react the same way to him. I blame winter. It's depressing. I think age changes things too. My husband and I don't have the same interests we did years ago. I think people change and grow and sometimes our interests go in different directions. I'm not sure how to get us on the same page again, but I have noticed that really being mindful of my tone of voice and trying to have more patience has helped. I tend to be impatient if I think he is "wrong" when he is talking and believe me...I wear my feelings on my sleeve and everyone knows exactly what I'm thinking just by looking at my face! I could never play Poker for a living! hahaha! I have decided I cannot control him, his thoughts or his feelings, but I can control how I react to him. By taking deep breaths and stepping back a bit, I think I've been able to ease the tension a bit. Now with this latest health scare, however, I'm pretty much kissing his behind! Let's hope he doesn't get used to it, because it's not in my nature and probably won't last! :mrgreen:

You and I are so much alike. Too bad we didn’t live near one another it would be so nice to go have a coffee with someone that truly gets it! Ours is the same thing right down to my tone and attitude. Sometimes I don’t even know I do it. I woke up this morning and he had totally rearranged my cupboards, fridge and freezer! When I say I don’t want to eat his new diet he thinks I’m not being supportive. It’s not that I’m not supportive I just don’t like it and I’m not eating it. We have been married 32 years, he knows I don’t like spices or sauces so why would things change now? Marriage is so hard sometimes and it really makes it hard because home should be the place that is the most peaceful.
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    Thanks for the welcome.
    Love reading all the posts .
    Just for today
    - I have stayed within my calorie count.
    - drank 2 litres of water.
    - no rubbish eaten
    - but no exercise....tomorrow I'll do that !
  • PackerFanInGB
    edited January 2020
    JFT - Sunday Jan 5

I’m just so tired of it

You and I are so much alike. Too bad we didn’t live near one another it would be so nice to go have a coffee with someone that truly gets it! Ours is the same thing right down to my tone and attitude. Sometimes I don’t even know I do it. I woke up this morning and he had totally rearranged my cupboards, fridge and freezer! When I say I don’t want to eat his new diet he thinks I’m not being supportive. It’s not that I’m not supportive I just don’t like it and I’m not eating it. We have been married 32 years, he knows I don’t like spices or sauces so why would things change now? Marriage is so hard sometimes and it really makes it hard because home should be the place that is the most peaceful.

Oh my God! My husband totally rearranges things ALL THE TIME!!! Makes me crazy!! He actually packed up my collections (unique teapots in kitchen and vintage tins), put them in the basement, and has replaced it with stuff he thinks is cool! Are you kidding me??? I haven’t said anything because it’s not a battle I want to pick right now, but wait until I’m retired too!! I’ll want to take back part of the house then! Lol! He’s the one retired and home all the time, so I guess this is his domain for now.

I wish we lived closer too! Coffee would be awesome! ♥️
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Sunday January 5

Log accurately :)
    Stay in the green :):) Fancied an evening snack although I was not hungry so cleaned my teeth instead as food and toothpaste don’t mix!
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit exercise goals :)
    Work on loosing that 5kg (currently -1.1 same as yesterday) :|

Discard 5lb challenge started Jan 4
    SW 122
    CW 122 (-0)

• HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member

Just going to post goals for tomorrow. I'll post an update in the morning.

JFT, 1/6/20

- Back to school/ Up at 530
    - Pack/bring lunch
    - Pack/bring gym clothes & book
    - Gym after school
    - Pick one dang order!
    - Chapter 20
    - Actually cook dinner(pork chops and veggies)
    - Put the dishes away
    - Bed by 930
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited January 2020
    2020 - January Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Joan
    SW: 185.4 (Jan 3)
    GW: 180.4
    CW: 181.2 -- back on track with healthy eating the past 2 days.

Goal JFT, Sunday, Jan 5
    1. go to the gym :) I went with hubby .. he typically works out for 2-3 hrs, so I never go with him. But this time I went with him ... I worked out for about 90 minutes, then ran some errands while he finished his workout. Our gym closed, and I did find a smaller gym for during the week, but hubby did not think it had the weights he likes. So we went to a gym that is about 10 miles from our house. It was fun, and since we have "silver sneakers", I can go to both gyms.
    2. log all food :)
    3. delay gratification ... trying to make this a habit :) We went out to eat after our gym workout, and I had the lady bring bread to our table. Hubby teased me that I would eat the entire loaf .. no... I ate just one piece .. even though I was SO hungry! But had my chicken and brocolli .. ate half of the meal, and happy that I stayed in control.
    4. 8+ c water -- trying to make this a habit this year :)
    5. write in gratitide journal :)
    6. take down outside christmas lites and put away :) Took me 2 hrs to do, but got all the christmas stuff put away.
    7. sew on chemo hats :) Doing that right now (and sipping water!).
    8. clean sewing room! :D Partially cleaned it!
    9. mindful eating :)

Had a busy, but good day today. I need to take this week to really concentrate and get back on track. When I eat healthier it seems easy, but once I get off, it is so hard to get back to the healthier eating. Yet, I feel better when I do ... why does my mind not remind me of how much better I feel when I eat healthy!!

JFT, Monday
    1. go to the gym
    2. log all food
    3. delay gratification ... wait 10 minutes if I "think" I am hungry.
    4. mindful eating
    5. work on pc boards .. yes, back to work
    6. sew at least 5 more chemo hats
    7. sew little teddy bears
    8. clean sewing room .. try again!
  • maryrobinson40
    maryrobinson40 Posts: 1,109 Member
    Welcome to the first weekend of 2020. Looks like we are ready to rock and roll!
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Initial thoughts:
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    3. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Fri 3 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    👍🏻 Stayed under goal and had snacking under control. Exercise was good. Decluttering Christmas stuff.
    Activities:
    • am: take Christmas decorations down and pack away👍🏻All packed up and ready for storage.
    • 2pm: Parchment Craft👍🏻Good session.
    • More Laundry👍🏻Keeping on top of it. Another load is drying and I will fold and store tomorrow
    JFT Sat 4 Jan
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • am: dismantle Christmas tree and pack away
    • Put donation bag in car/take to charity shop
    • Local shopping (butcher, newsagent, charity shop)
    • More Laundry/chores
    • Declutter/reorganise plastic storage containers
    • Pick a book from my 'To Read' pile and read 1st chapter
    Kuhl50 wrote: »
    I need to go read the tips on posting in these forums so I can reply to folks and show progress from previous day, but...
    The easiest way is to hit <Quote> and edit what they have written. E.g. I hit quote on your post and deleted all but your question.

@Terri Richardson 112
    I love the way you post. I admire you, Snowflake, and some of the other ladies organization and how you comment and encourage us. Hugs. And Kudos to you.
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,172 Member
    edited January 2020
    I had a long post written .. and lost it all! AAK! hate when that happens

So this will be shorter .. thanks @ZippyBumble and @TerriRichardson112 for your encouragement on the prostate thing. I know of all things, this is usually easily treated. The doctor is concerned because of the rapid spike this year .. they have been watching my husbands numbers for the past 5 years. But .. I am thinking and remaining positive.

@Faebert - I must have missed that post.. I remember you were doing the genetic testing, because it is something I thought of also doing. A lady at the gym also had a double mast. I know the recoup period takes time .. so take good care of yourself. You have enough to do besides worry about your weight, so I agree with the others .. just continue to eat as healthy as you can, and forget the scale. It is only a number.. I hope for a speedy recovery.

@Snowflake1968 - I am so sorry that you and your hubby are having a difficult time. I agree with @Packerfanin ... I think this time of year is hard for a lot of people. With the colder, dreary weather, the stresses that you have both been under, and the added stress from the holidays, it is all so understandable. Hugs to you.

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Kuhl50 wrote: »

Sunday 1/5 goals:
    1. Walk at least 30min, 2 reps of yoga stretches 😁 (52 minutes)
    2. Log all food, stay green 😁
    3. Figure out a healthy lunch that my stomach will tolerate on drive back (forgot to pack food for a 2d lunch yesterday)😁...we got home early enough didn’t have to eat out. Had an orange and some cheese and nuts
    4. Grocery shop and meal prep for next week 😁
    5. Upstairs by 9pm, journal and meditate 😁...finally meditated, felt great, but while journaling decided to take meditation off my “to do” list this month. The habit I really need to establish is journaling, I’m happy if I get that done. Meditation will just be a bonus if it happens.
    6. Set out workout clothes for Monday😁
    7. Enter JFT goals for Monday! 😁

Overall a good last day of vacation!

Monday, 1/6 Goals

First day back to work after 2 week break...this will be brutal! And a test of my ability to set an maintain habits when in work mode. Here goes!

1. Up at 6, walk/run per app, 2 reps yoga stretches
    2. Healthy breakfast, NOT looking at phone or reading kindle
    3. Pack and bring lunch + supplies for work fridge
    4. Log all food and stay green
    5. Pre-plan treat—dark chocolate
    6. Evening: Pack lunch, set out breakfast for Tuesday, set out workout clothes
    7. Enter JFT for Tuesday
    8. Upstairs by 9, journal, lights out 9:45
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Morning all!

Weighed in this morning having had a few days for water weight to drop off and overall am 14 pounds up on what I was six months ago. :/ That's a combination of December/holiday overeating but also comfort eating/binging that I was doing prior December as a response to work difficulties.

That stops now though. I'm determined to get back where I was. I wasn't at my goal weight, but looking back at pictures I looked pretty damn good and I want to get there again! I have put a flattering picture of myself as my wallpaper on my phone to keep me motivated.

So I'm in for the January discard challenge!
    SW: 178.5
    GW: 173.5
    CW: 177.5 (0)

And today I will

- Log everything I eat
    - Be in the green
    - Drink 4+ bottles water
    - Go to gym

- Go through job emails
    - Consider career/ life options
    - Write job spec
    - Write yearly goals