Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,093 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    @Bex963172 So pleased time see you back. We missed you. Hope you had a smashing break.
    Another New day! Another opportunity to achieve great things, one step at a time.
    I am straight into all my group meetings again. Determined to manage my time better.
    The only failure is giving up!
    ==============================
    2019 DISCARD 5 LBS CHALLENGES:
    01 Aug 2019: 170.1
    31 Dec 2019: 151.2
    Total weight loss: 19.9lbs
    2020 - Jan Discard 5lb Challenge
    Name: Terri
    SW: 152.1 (02 Jan)
    GW: 147.1
    03 Jan: 151.8
    04 Jan: 151.4
    05 Jan: 151.2 This is mostly water weight.
    06 Jan: 151.2 - 1.1
    WFTY: DEPTH
    Depth Year - Updates
    I definitely have way too much stuff. I need to streamline my existence, resist adding more stuff, and start using what I have already got. I have been working towards doing this for several years with my decluttering. I need to stop the march of consumerism, and putting money into the pockets of other people by buying things I want rather than actually need.
    03 Jan: This is going to be way harder than I thought. Need to,work,out strategies and guidelines for what I can and cannot purchase.
    1. I have a stack of books which I haven't read. I will read one of those book a month, and not buy any more books this year. I will source any other books I want to read at the library.
    2. 04 Jan: The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas > 5 chapters per week
    3. I have closets full of clothes that no longer fit. I will work my way through them over the next two months, and either alter them to fit, or donate them to charity.
    4. 07 Jan:One bag already full and ready to go,to the charity shop
    5. I have a lot of Craft supplies. I will optimise what I have before I buy any new supplies. Sticking to this one will be difficult.
    6. 07 Jan: Depth Year: I have Parchment Craft this morning. I will pick out one of my ongoing projects and work on it to completion. No new projects until I have finished at least 3 ongoing ones.
    Daily Goals
    • Food: log All food and drink; stay under goal; balance macros/micros; Hydrate adequately; NLNS!!!
    • Exercise: Knee Physio; 7,500+ Steps daily; 30 + minutes intentional exercise
    • Other: Daily Mindfulness Practice/Meditation; Practice Self-care; Positively reframe thoughts; Live! Love! Learn!; 15 mins Daily Declutter session; keep up to date with chores

JFT Tue 07 Jan
    Daily Goals:
    💖
    Activities:
    • 10.30am: Patchwork Group 💖
    • Prep for Garden Group visit to our home tomorrow 💖 All ready.
    • The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas: Read Ch 5💖
    • Chores💖

JFT Wed 08 Jan
    Daily Goals:

Activities:
    • 10.15am: Hosting Garden Group Quiz
    • Grocery Shopping
    • 7pm: Crochet Group
    • The Illusionists - Rosie Thomas: Ch 6
    • Chores

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    Options

The stormy weather is affecting my Fitbit. It thinks I’ve climbed 6 flights of stairs and I know I’ve not climbed anything! Stormy weather gave me over 50 flights of stairs by the time I went to bed!

So that’s what’s happening?! I’ve always wondered when my Fitbit suddenly gives me major spikes in stairs or steps etc. Now I’ll monitor its behavior against the weather and see if I see something similar. Thanks!
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,327 Member
    Options
    teigansdad wrote: »
    New here.. love this idea so here it goes..
    1/8/20
    -log food
    -no mindless calories when I get home from work (fruit or vege snack instead of Milky Way dark minis)
    -no beer
    -more water
    -complete my planned sufferfest workout

You a biker? Sufferfest?
  • pridesabtch
    Options
    Discard 5lb challenge
    SW: 1/1/20: 168.2
    GW: 163.2
    CW: 1/6/20: 166.4
    1/7/20: 165.4 (false low from blood donation)
    1/8/20: 164.8
    Loss: 3.4
    JFT Tuesday

- Ride Peloton :neutral:
    - On time for work :smiley: even early
    - Work 8-9 hours to make up for leaving early yesterday
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - Log everything :smiley: even those pesky fries I stole from my dauther
    - Stay green :smiley:
    - Read in Judges :( Really just forgot
    - Take a walk at lunch if it's not raining :( Too cold
    - Taxi kid around, she'll get dinner on the go :smiley:
    - Grocery shop while V is at practice :smiley:
    - Everybody gets home at different times tonight so dinner will be in phases. :smiley: Surpriaed that 3 of us ate together though the pork cooked too long
    - Bed by 11:00 :smiley:

Yesterday was good. Nothing major, just sort of good. Today is a rest day from the bike so I'll definitely try to walk at lunch. Truth is every now and then I just don't want to get up at 5:00am (Feed & let dogs out, work out, recover, shower, etc.) when I can get up at 7:00am (Shower at night, brush my teeth, wash my face and go. Kids feed dogs).

Hubby's birthday is next Friday so I got tickets to a comedy club in Columbus. He has the day off, I think I'll take half a day and then we can go up early and shop and such. The original plan was to spend the night in Columbus, but V has a theater festival on the 18th so we need to be home early.

I have to teach at church tonight and I forgot the book at home. I'll go home at lunch and get it. We are doing a study in Revelations and quite frankly that book confuses the heck out of me. I need the book for this one.

JFT Wednesday
    - Sleep in until 7:00, work by 8:00. :smiley:
    - Pack snacks for work :smiley: Grapes and left over sweet potato fries
    - Water>soda
    - Protein bar for breakfast :smiley:
    - Log everything
    - Stay in the green
    - Walk 2 mile work loop today
    - Home at lunch to get lesson book
    - Quick lunch
    - Work until 5:00pm
    - Dinner on the go plan for Chick Fil A - Prelog
    - Leave room in my day for a beer or two at night - Prelog
    - Bed by 11:00

My word for 2020 is CLIMBING:

Climbing out of depression into the life I want to experience. Healthy, fit & fun.
    Climbing on my bike. I will get up the back side of Huck this summer!
    Climbing to reach my goals without letting my pride stop me.
  • jenngitch
    jenngitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    jenngitch wrote: »
    it is Jan 7th and I just ran across this thread! I am so IN!!

JFT 2020 goals
    1. be at a happier/healthier weight by daughters wedding (11/21/2020)
    2. run a 5k again
    3. put my health first
    4. learn to play my ukulele

JFT
    1. log everything and stay within my calorie limit
    2. drink 64 oz water
    3. 8,000 steps
    4. ride my bike

Happy Tuesday!

completed my JFT for Tuesday.. all 4 of them

here is my JFT 1.8.20
    1. log everything and stay within my limit
    2. drink 64 oz
    3. 8,000 steps
    4. 1 mile walk
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Yesterday was a more productive day, although I'm still struggling to reset my inner clock. Two more weeks of break, although one of the classes I teach at a local high school resumes today. Cold and windy today, so I may try to walk at the mall after class if I get my errands done early.

Goals for Tuesday, January 7, 2020
    Done :) :
    • Pay bills - √
    • Organize remaining returns - √
    • Pack boxes to be mailed -√
    • Finish reading Twelfth Night - √ - Attacking this first thing in the morning did the trick!
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Post office -√
    • Pick up grandsons from school - √ - Best part of the day <3
    Not done :/ :
    • Start working on Spring syllabus – Not much progress.
    • Walk 30+ minutes – Couldn’t squeeze it in today.
    • Bank – No

JFT Goals for Wednesday, January 8, 2020
    • Up with the alarm - Nope :(
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Bank and returns to sports store
    • College Readiness class
    • Work on reorganizing kitchen storage
    • Print and fill out forms for gym
    • Start Henry VI, Part 1
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options
    TUESDAY
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 10,000 steps :) 10,452
    3. Walk on both work breaks:)
    4. 5 freggies :)
    5. 10C liquids :) 10
    6. Tango, 90 minutes :( class got cancelled, did some walking instead :)
    7. 6 hours sleep :( 5 hours 1 minute

1. Weigh in
    2. 10,000 steps
    3. Walk on both work breaks
    4. 5 freggies
    5. 10C liquids
    6. Gym--cardio/weight workout
    7. 6 hours sleep
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Recap T 1/7 ~ recovering from stomach flu & being gentle with myself
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks = Fitbit 7,871 steps, 250+ 13/14 & 33 floors :neutral: not much energy to be real active
    2) Log all food / net calories zero / 14c water = Helped that I didn't have much appetite. Kept to comfort foods & ignored tempting foods in dept for co-worker's bday. Net cals green :smiley: , sodium green :smiley: , sugar -5, fiber & protein low :/ , 12c water
    3) Muddle through workday = Was more productive than I though I would, then hit the wall late afternoon. :D That's ok, then had some energy at home to do few chores, including washing dishes & small amount of decluttering in basement. :smiley:
    4) Bed & tv off 10:20 :smiley: in bed 10:00 & no tv on in bedroom = huge win

JFT W 1/8 ~ feeling better, more like myself, still no workout
    1) Move hourly / stairs breaks / 5 somethings
    2) Meals prelogged / stick w/ plans / net calories zero / 14c water
    3) Be productive at work / clear more inbox
    4) Evening: make supper (Schwan's Mediterranean-style chicken breast, brown rice, side salad) / put away clean dishes / meal plan & grocery list / prep clothes for R workplace lunchtime mindful hike / other?
    5) Unplug 9:00 / floss / retainers / bed & tv off 10:20

2020 Goals
    1) Get weight below 160# (last time was 4/20/19)
    2) Plan meals most days & prelog meals/snacks whenever possible on MFP
    3) Post weekly weigh-in on JFT for accountability
    4) Take measurements & log on MFP monthly (I stopped as weight plateaued & went up)
    5) Exercise 5-6x per week (minimum 4x) ~ mostly walking but include weights/circuit & other x-training
    6) Participate in race events ~ have planned 7 5Ks and 2 10Ks at minimum
    7) Be considerate and loving to hubby and have fun together
    8) Make efforts to keep in touch with parents, siblings and friends (most live in other towns or states)
    9) Declutter home office, bedroom and basement

Word for 2020: Persist
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,479 Member
    Options
    Read thru all JFT posts late yesterday. Welcome to all new JFTers! This is such a great group of people for accountability & support, without judgment. I am inspired every day by the JFT posts.

Even though my brain was still a bit fuzzy, I wanted to reply to at least some of the posts.

@mytime6630 @PackerFanInGB @ZizzyBumble @Snowflake1968 I am keeping you and your hubbies in my prayers for good health news.

@Faebert I think your 2020 plan is awesome! Given your situation, you are doing what you can. I like that you are not focusing so much on weight. Prayers for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

@bookmeister86 @pridesabtch I so admire your giving the gift of life, blood. I tried once, and it did not go well. My veins are not easy to find, and the needle was like a knife blade being moved around inside my arm. From elbow to wrist was black & blue for over a week. Since they couldn't even collect the minimum amount, I was told they wouldn't use my blood. That's when I decided my giving would have to take other forms.

@Bex953172 Happy to see you back!

@maryrobinson40 Hugs to you, sweet friend!
  • teigansdad
    teigansdad Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    1/8/20
    -log food
    -no mindless calories when I get home from work (fruit or vege snack instead of Milky Way dark minis)
    -no beer
    -more water

You a biker? Sufferfest?

Yes
    Play around racing mountain bikes (I’d say serious weekend warrior level, race for a shop... fairly competitive at my age group but love of beer likely a big obstacle to finding the top step of podium).
    This time of year do most of my cycling on my wahoo kickr.
    Usually switch between swift for virtual group rides or sufferfest for interval workouts. Sufferfest has really upped their game since being bought out by wahoo
    I’d say I like that training platform better than trainer road but the videos get kinda boring. I often let sufferfest run the trainer intervals but have my litttle avatar on Zwift wheeling through the virtual worlds to break up the 1 to 3 hrs on trainer

• pridesabtch
    Options
    1/8/20
    -log food
    -no beer
    -more water

You a biker? Sufferfest?

Yes
    Play around racing mountain bikes (I’d say serious weekend warrior level, race for a shop... fairly competitive at my age group but love of beer likely a big obstacle to finding the top step of podium).
    This time of year do most of my cycling on my wahoo kickr.
    Usually switch between swift for virtual group rides or sufferfest for interval workouts. Sufferfest has really upped their game since being bought out by wahoo
    I’d say I like that training platform better than trainer road but the videos get kinda boring. I often let sufferfest run the trainer intervals but have my litttle avatar on Zwift wheeling through the virtual worlds to break up the 1 to 3 hrs on trainer

5 years ago I did time trials, now I'm fat and slow. Working on fixing that. I probably won't race anymore, but I will get my rump up the hills around here in a less embarrassing way.
  • ZizzyBumble
    ZizzyBumble Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Wednesday January 8

I failed to weigh or post goals this morning >:) Goals are the same though ...

Log accurately - had to guess the Christmas cake that tempted me :s
    Stay in the green - think so ;)
    5 fruit and veg :)
    Water :)
    Fitbit excercise goals :)