Caveman diet!?!?!?!?! Anyone try this?

Options

Replies

• kerriknox
    kerriknox Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    sometimes i go out and club animals, then drag them home and cook them over a fire and make clothes out of their fur. but i've always considered this more of a sport/hobby than a diet.

lol

I knew as soon as Taso came up in my newsfeed I had to check out his cheeky comment! :tongue:
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    Mastadon is really hard to find this time of year.

Have you checked Whole Foods?
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I've heard of it but have not tried it.

I also think you're short a couple !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? in your title. Please fix this.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    I do it. Love it.
  • jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    I eat this way and I think it is awesome. And I know you love the awesome.
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Lol, does anyone else appreciate how badly Chris LaLanne is cropped/photoshopped in his bio pic?

http://thepaleodiet.com/about/

I'm seriously creeped out by that picture. His head is way to small.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

So… you don’t think it exists?

To the OP, I follow a paleo lifestyle and love it. The massive amount of grains that we are told we “need” causes more problems than people realize. About 65% of my calories come from meat, the rest from vegetables, and some fruit, nuts and oils (olive and coconut). I have more energy, stay full longer, and get plenty of fiber and calcium (which are generally arguments against this type of lifestyle)

Thanks for the awesome answer man! so this diet is really open to meats?

Lol... Yes it is entirely based around meat.
  • End6ame
    End6ame Posts: 903
    Options
    sometimes i go out and club animals, then drag them home and cook them over a fire and make clothes out of their fur. but i've always considered this more of a sport/hobby than a diet.

That's gotta be hard work, i'd consider it an exercise plan too.
  • elliecolorado
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Lol, does anyone else appreciate how badly Chris LaLanne is cropped/photoshopped in his bio pic?

http://thepaleodiet.com/about/

I'm seriously creeped out by that picture. His head is way to small.

That photo is extremely creepy!
  • Monika135
    Options
    This part of your post is relevant.
    I don't believe in it.

And this part....
    Guess what? You're not a Caveman anymore. Your body has evolved, Your diet should too.
    ...is just you being a d-bag.

Sunkisses~ you are soooo funny!
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried this type of diet. So Yes, This awesomely tanned man is seriously considering going with this caveman diet for a week or 2 to try it out. I have a co-worker who was telling me about it and I must admit I am intrigued.............

Has anyone tried this yet?

Shake & bake

You should really give it 30 days.

Come join me on the Whole 30 Challenge!!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/332748-september-whole-30-paleo-peeps-closed-group

And, while your at it, Pick up the Primal Blue Print by Mark Sisson, Rob Wolf and Loren Cordains Paleo books and get to reading.

I am currently reading Primal Body, Primal Mind by Nora Gedgaudas and it is the best book I have read to date.
  • Grokette
    Options
    Guess what? You're not a Caveman anymore. Your body has evolved, Your diet should too.
    I don't believe in it.

Actually we have not evolved as people think we have. We are still the same genetically as Paleolithic era people.
  • Grokette
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

Oh Lord.... If our bodies had evolved that much then we wouldn't be gaining weight like crazy on modern foods would we?

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Grokette
    Options
    Love it, feel better than I have in years. It's very healthy, people that don't know make the effort to research nutrition on their own are always the people who challenge it. Grains have very little nutritional value, and you can get everything you need from veggies/meats/fruit/nuts - usually with much lower calories and tons of other added nutrients. The USDA wants us to eat them because, guess what... most of our country is covered in GMO grains that are super easy to grow. GRAINS SUCK!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

I am trying to get a revolution started................DEATH TO MONSANTO!!!! Eat Local and Sustainable!!!
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options

BUT do you do it in a loincloth? :bigsmile:
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

Oh Lord.... If our bodies had evolved that much then we wouldn't be gaining weight like crazy on modern foods would we?

Oh ya, sure. It's the "modern foods" that are making us fat, not the fact that we are overeating and doing nothing but sitting on our lazy *kitten*.

Responsibility people...take it.
  • Grokette
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

Oh ya, sure. It's the "modern foods" that are making us fat, not the fact that we are overeating and doing nothing but sitting on our lazy *kitten*.

There are many, many people that are no overeating. It is due to the GMO grains, added sugar, starch and don't get me started about all the added soy and HFCS into all those processed foods.

You should really consider doing some reading and research.
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I don't believe in it.

There are many, many people that are no overeating. It is due to the GMO grains, added sugar, starch and don't get me started about all the added soy and HFCS into all those processed foods.

You should really consider doing some reading and research.

Sorry, I don't buy it.

I believe the things you named can be bad for your health, but with strict portion control you can eat them and still be skinny.

...of course skinny=/= to healthy.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Like eating dirt? FINALLY I can put my appendix to use!!!
    but I don't have one. Guess I ate too much dirt and it 'sploded.