Welcome New Members!

Replies

• ladychr0nic
    ladychr0nic Posts: 127 Member
    I've joined MFP over and over, and never fully committed to it. I never was involved with the community before. This time I have actually started following threads, looked at challenges, and I added some friends so now I have an actual newsfeed which is so fun! I think the social aspect of MFP will get me to keep logging in; everyone on here is so awesome.
  • Hi guys! I’m starting a calorie diet to lose 50 pounds can you guys give me any tips?
  • schaeferdawnita
    schaeferdawnita Posts: 2 Member
    Hello all!! Hired a health coach for this next year!! Really excited for this new journey/lifestyle!!
  • Harebelle
    Harebelle Posts: 41 Member
    edited January 2020
    Hi all, welcome <3
  • sarahwinston2
    sarahwinston2 Posts: 20 Member
    Hi I'm Sarah! New to MFP and interested in reducing my body fat percentage in the new year. How do I track that on here?
  • lisha96fengbess
    lisha96fengbess Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I am new in for 1 weeks. My goal is to lose weight
  • TheresaEdwardsmfp
    TheresaEdwardsmfp Posts: 64 Member
    How do i add friends?

• TheresaEdwardsmfp
    TheresaEdwardsmfp Posts: 64 Member
    I was wondering that too. How do I add friends?
  • apelynn89fine
    apelynn89fine Posts: 3 Member
    I'm new here if anyone would like a motivating non judging supporter and can be one vice versa. Add me. 😊
  • avengermum
    avengermum Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, im from the UK I've used mfp for a while but need to take it seriously and never posted anything before. My goal is to lose weight, drink water,get steps in and do some workouts . Hope to be healthier and leaner by summer. Good luck everyone, 💪we've got this.
  • cynthiaruiz329
    cynthiaruiz329 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello everyone! I am new and just joined still trying to figure everything out.
  • AnastasiaMakrov
    AnastasiaMakrov Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone! New here
  • bspeicher2298
    bspeicher2298 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi!! I am new here and a little nervous but excited. I am looking at this not as a does but as a life change and a new way of eating. I am committed and plan on sticking with this no matter how difficult it is.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    Hi guys! I’m starting a calorie diet to lose 50 pounds can you guys give me any tips?

Set up your (realistic) statistics and goals in MFP, track, learn from mistakes and try to fix them, and remember slow and steady wins the race. As long as you maintain a calorie deficit you will lose weight. In theory not at all hard, in reality for many there will be many bumps in the road. When you mess up and eat too much, just learn from it and move on.

A big part of the process is being 100% honest in your logging. By doing that it helps you figure out triggers to overeating, what keeps you feeling full (and maybe full of energy!), and what will send you into a spiral of eating too much of it. Honest logging also helps you figure out trends and the fact that weight loss is rarely linear.

Hi I'm Sarah! New to MFP and interested in reducing my body fat percentage in the new year. How do I track that on here?

Tracking of body fat is in my opinion best done with photos unless you want to use dexa scans, calipers, etc. It's easy to not see the day to day changes, but photos with same clothes, angles, distance from the lens, etc will let you see progress you won't see day to day.

The quickest way to lose fat percentage for most is to simply lose weight. As you lose, exercise helps you maintain the muscle you already have. But if you are already near your goal weight and happy with it, your exercise program could help you maintain weight while losing fat. There are several good threads on body recomposition here on the forum.

• robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    I'm new here if anyone would like a motivating non judging supporter and can be one vice versa. Add me. 😊

I like my supporters to be a bit on the judgy side sometimes! :smile:

But look around the forums, search profiles, and try to find people that are the right "fit" for you. Then reach out and send them a friend request, or interact on the forums first. The more info you have on your profile, the better chances others can also see a little bit of your personality and figure out when it's a good fit.

If you can be a bit judgy, sometimes have a crazy streak, and can handle bizarre people then we might be a good fit. :wink:
  • ebony_iis
    ebony_iis Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I’m not new to MFP, but I’m trying keto so I’m a newbie in that respect. I’m only three weeks into this journey. Although I’m very excited I’m also looking for tips and advice. I know that the MFP community will be a good resource and outlet for me ☺️
  • minimiss669
    minimiss669 Posts: 86 Member
    I so want to see a total body transformation and get down to my goal weight and get my figure back to what I want and know it can be. I have been "trying" for years and have not been successful. It is so difficult to figure out what I've been doing wrong. I have to find a way to make this work. Hoping to find some inspiration and friends for when the going gets tough.
  • bellavbva
    bellavbva Posts: 1 Member
    Hello Everyone. I'm new and hoping for a wonderful year. Need to get back to my old self again.
  • efairweather1092
    efairweather1092 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m here to get healthy (which includes losing weight). Need to feel good again.