Replies

• TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Joeyd727 wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Which is better, a loofa, sponge or wash cloth when in the shower?

As an esthetician I can tell you that none are bad, but not really optimal on a daily basis. However, if you like any/all of those tools, I agree with the person above who mentioned that once/use is optimal & wash/soak the implement after each use in hot water/soap.

The problem comes when people do too much, too often & scrub their skin like they're scrubbing a frying pan. The reverse issue is people who do too little, then want one magical product, used once, to save their skin.

The best way & cheapest way to moisturize, cleanse & exfoliate skin at the same time is a method which takes only a few minutes extra, but feels fantastic. I do it daily, but once/wk is a must for every skin type, imho.

Dry brush (article below), then slather the skin from head face to toe with oil (coconut, grapeseed or any edible oil... baby oil is mineral oil w/fragrance & mineral oil is drying to the skin, so use edible oils only... olive is great, but very thick, so you can also mix a blend of oils in a dispenser), then take your normal shower with whichever mild soap you normally use (no cloth, loofa or sponge needed). When finished, your skin feels like silk & the bonus is, you don't need pricey body moisturizers, most of which are not effective & loaded with chemicals.

The face can be cleansed/exfoliated/moisturized the same way. For women, taking off makeup first with coconut oil is fast, easy, effective & inexpensive.

Dry brushing:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/life-style/beauty/brush-your-skin-for-a-healthy-glow/articleshow/68270170.cms

I'm sure some of the below products are lovely, but using kitchen oil is far cheaper & fragrance can be used after shower/bath:

https://www.wellandgood.com/good-looks/body-oil-before-shower-dermatologist-approved/

There's more, but that's a start. Try it once & see how you like it. At very least, if you don't have a brush for dry brushing (I find equestrian brushes are soft, cheap & effective), do the other 2 steps... slather head to toe with oil, then shower. Let me know how it works for you.

Thank you for the info, I will definitely look into it. I've never heard of dry brushing your skin before.
    What about those body bath washes with the apricot bits in them to exfoliate the skin
    (not the face ones)

YW. Even if you don't dry brush, if you moisturize with oil first, then take a shower/bath with soap (far less chemicals than body washes), your skin will be better for it.

Use exfoliation washes if you want, but dry brushing is free & only takes 1-1/2 min. Also, if you want deeper exfoliation & want to skip brushing, mix sugar with oil in a cup before spreading it on skin... but, do it quickly as it will dissolve... then step into the shower. It's very mild, so doesn't scratch the skin. Washes with crushed apricot seed remnants can scratch the skin. Sugar is low cost, as well.

Spas charge hundreds of dollars for sugaring. Try it once. You won't stop... promise.

So you want me to baste myself with olive oil and sugar ? 🤔

Haha. Well, when ya put it like that... nevermind.

But, you're missing out on all this...

giphy.gif
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Does mayo belong on a hot dog?
  • isalsayourface123

I've never tried it but I don't see why not. Who says ketchup or mustard belong there. I put mayo on hamburgers so why not a hotdog. I think you should make a taste test video while eating a mayo hotdog

This sounds like a splendid idea. But I dont eat hotdogs. They make me ill. Now my other sandwiches...love me some mayo.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member

It depends on your goals 🤷🏽‍♂️
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,002 Member

Loofah for body...only if you change them often. Washcloth for “important parts”.

• KimiFinsterLover90
    KimiFinsterLover90 Posts: 33 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »

Loofah for body...only if you change them often. Washcloth for “important parts”.

I would rather switch between a loofah and sponge if you're asking me.
  • isalsayourface123
    I came home to an awful mess...spent all day cleaning. I'm going to still get 4 miles in. Can I use those extra "ugh, mother *kitten*!" Calories for pizza and/or beer?
  • LiftNRiot
    LiftNRiot Posts: 463 Member
    whats your definition of a mouth breather?
  • isalsayourface123
    LiftNRiot wrote: »

Someone who breathes through a mouth.
  • LiftNRiot

So i should call you mouth breather?
  • isalsayourface123
    dllslwv4ku5w.gif
  • LiftNRiot
    dllslwv4ku5w.gif

Definitely you
  • isalsayourface123

So i should call you mouth breather?
    dllslwv4ku5w.gif

Definitely you

Yes, exactly. My hair's a little longer now tho.
  • isalsayourface123

Your voice reminds me of someone.

Heres your answer

dik0dwrj4tfq.gif
  • DecadeDuchess
    DecadeDuchess Posts: 315 Member
    Due to'ving CFS {Chronic Fatigue Syndrome} since the age of 14, I don't know what a normal amount of sleep's for my current age of: 39 {I'll be 40: April 1st}. However I notice a lot of especially females around my age, mention that they take naps. Therefore I am attempting to gauge how much of my sleeping now's a result, of my disability & age.

My question: If you're my age or remember being my age, was napping a choice, a necessity or both & how often & long, do you/did then?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Due to'ving CFS {Chronic Fatigue Syndrome} since the age of 14, I don't know what a normal amount of sleep's for my current age of: 39 {I'll be 40: April 1st}. However I notice a lot of especially females around my age, mention that they take naps. Therefore I am attempting to gauge how much of my sleeping now's a result, of my disability & age.

My question: If you're my age or remember being my age, was napping a choice, a necessity or both & how often & long, do you/did then?

Have you been checked for sleep apnea?

My CPAP machine was a game changer