Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• NewLIFEstyle4MENewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,302Member Member Posts: 4,302Member Member
    shunggie wrote: »
    @NewLIFEstyle4ME Hard does NOT equal impossible. This is something we all need to remember. Thank you for posting.

It's so ABSOTUTELY (yes I spelled it that way on purpose :) ) true. Another one I'm hiding in my heart and know is true as well is being strong/being STRONG in mind, body and soul/spirit (having a strength vs. weakness mind-set), being STRONG is not an option to/for me, it's a DAILY CHOICE, a mandate/a way of thinking/living/being...AND being weak is not an option for me either, it too is a way of thinking/living/being--it's a DAILY choice! It's like the old saying goes:
    "if you believe you can or if you believe you can't...YOU'RE RIGHT"!
    How absolutely, positively WONDERFUL water is to drink. I love drinking water so much now. When I was obese, for some reason I HATED drinking water, with a passion. I just didn't like it or want it. Once I started getting down to size I started drinking lot more water. Then I started substituting caloried drinks for water (ice water especially--but even room temp). Now, I CRAVE water and again, especially ice water and it tastes so GOOD to me now--I LOVE drinking water so much. I'm NOT saying that helped me get down to size necessarily, but maybe it did--not sure--but drinking water to me now is just as good if not BETTER than caloried drinks.

This!!!! 🤩🤩🤩🤩🙌🙌🙌🙌 I hated drinking water when I was obese too! I would drink two 2 liters of soda and pour half a cup of sugar along with coffee creamer in my coffee. Now, I can’t get enough of water. My goal is to drink at least five 16 oz bottles of water a day, along with black coffee. I prefer my coffee black now. Coffee creamer & other sweet drinks like soda make me sick now! 😂😂😂 But like you said, @NewLIFEstyle4ME I *crave* water now. It makes me feel sooo wonderful!!! 🥰🥰🥰🥰 I prefer it over any other kind of drink!

Girllll...I so know and 100% agree with you! I had some ice water (2 maybe 3 glasses) with my dinner last night and it was just sooooo delicious and refreshing. Who'd thunk I'd EVAH feel that way about water?!? I also drink lots of water all thru the day, because it's oh so GOOD to me!
    edited January 13
  • SnazzITSnazzIT Posts: 213Member Member Posts: 213Member Member
    Ambrosia29 wrote: »
    That as your diet changes, so do your tastes. I can't drink soda anymore, its too sweet. I also can't choke down pop-tarts or eat meat without going "WTF?" with my tastebuds.

I can feel the lack of nutrition in overcooked foods at restaurants. Like, I eat primarily vegetables and they always over-cook them. My body is like "wait, why *doesn't* this taste better?"

Ok so those are both basically the same thing.

I am the same, I have cut out processed sugar/foods and my daughters bought me a snickers bar, because that's what I used to love to eat when we went shopping. After eating it, it left a bad after taste in my mouth...ugh!
  • HeathieMHeathieM Posts: 141Member Member Posts: 141Member Member
    rhwiblin wrote: »
    That right before a woosh your fat gets all squishy and soft. It is like a giant stress ball right on your abdomen! You look weird when you squish it and your 13 year old laughs at you. Lol. No? Only me?

Definitely same. Only mines 12 lol