60 yrs and up

Replies

• annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Doing ok doubled exercising for abs, getting stronger, more healthy food having more fruit in my diet!
    How are you doing?
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Yes, cold dark winters don't do much for the inspiration. I should've been a bear. :/ That's the life I'd prefer this time of year; hide out in my cave and sleep. Yesterday turned into a binge last night. I get so mad at myself for losing control. Why can't I just have that LITTLE scoop of ice cream and call it good?? But no, I have to glob a whole bunch of extra stuff on top, then because it still hasn't satisfied me I head back to the kitchen for more, more, more of whatever I can pull out of wherever. It's amazing what you can binge on in an hour. :(
    BUT the good news is I have my mind control back this morning, ate my usual healthy breakfast, walked on the TM, weighed myself(up a lb.) and will keep at it.
    I even entered all new stats so I feel like I'm restarting. Hopefully it'll keep me straight and narrow. :)

Good luck to everyone here and make it a good day with NO(or very little) regrets!!
  • annliz23
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Yes, cold dark winters don't do much for the inspiration. I should've been a bear. :/ That's the life I'd prefer this time of year; hide out in my cave and sleep. Yesterday turned into a binge last night. I get so mad at myself for losing control. Why can't I just have that LITTLE scoop of ice cream and call it good?? But no, I have to glob a whole bunch of extra stuff on top, then because it still hasn't satisfied me I head back to the kitchen for more, more, more of whatever I can pull out of wherever. It's amazing what you can binge on in an hour. :(
    BUT the good news is I have my mind control back this morning, ate my usual healthy breakfast, walked on the TM, weighed myself(up a lb.) and will keep at it.
    I even entered all new stats so I feel like I'm restarting. Hopefully it'll keep me straight and narrow. :)

Good luck to everyone here and make it a good day with NO(or very little) regrets!!

I feel the same hubby brought home donuts so I guess today's a miss day, dislike the winter to I need the sun to lift my mood. Tomorrow is another dsy
  • mtruitt01
    mtruitt01 Posts: 370 Member
    Hi, I'm 65, retired teacher, looking to slowly lose weight and become more active. Add me if you like to give and receive support! I started my own blog, mostly so I can watch my progress and maybe take pics of my meals if blogs allow that.
  • annliz23
    Today is an off day despite some walking and light treadmill walking. Otherwise, things are ok. Although not every single day, my exercise has been more consistent than it has been in many years and most days I come in under my calorie goals and manage to not deny myself. My November lab numbers were all improved. I had a gastro screening two weeks ago that was clean and good. My weight has been hovering between 238 and 240 for a bit, but that is bothering not one single bit as I continue doing these things and I am NOT hovering in the 281 lb area as I was this time last year. Since my 2019 hip replacements, I have been as close to "walking on air" as any human can!

Your doing amazing onwardsxand upwards my friend.
  • getthebabeback
    getthebabeback Posts: 45 Member
    Oh wow, wow, wow!! So great to see so many of you here again. So exciting to read how you are progressing. It was getting lonely.
    To those freezing in the northern Hemisphere....36C here today! I so understand the temptation to comfort binge eat in the cold though and ice cream oo la lla! Delicious. We all do it sometimes, no sense in beating yourself over it. As Scarlet O'Hara said, 'tomorrow is another day'.
    Sounds like there is lots of exercise happening too, you inspire me ladies and gents! Seems the one thing we all (mostly) have in common are those worn out body parts, not easy to work with. I only walk as lots of other things are not knee and shoulder friendly but my Fitbit keeps me hopping. Before each hours ends I jump up and do 10 minutes of walking to add to what else I have done. Sure ups the step count.
    My weight movement is slow though but generally heading in a downward direction. I tend to eat too much protein according to the table but that stops me eating too much of anything else that would be worse. It seems to be a balancing act and we need find how to adjust to make it work for us.
    Keep up the great work everyone. As far as keeping cheesecake portions in the freezer, if that was me it would go like this.........I know who you are and I will find you and eat you.
    Till next time. dnqn4zzoy5cr.png

• annliz23
    Trying something new - eating more!
  • getthebabeback
    Can't wait to hear how it goes! I essentially follow the CSIRO food plan and you eat lots BUT only of the most beneficial foods. Hope it is a success for you.
    c5o6f97k69bc.png
  • Timberlan127
    Timberlan127 Posts: 237 Member
    I so enjoy the quotes. They are all so true. I am doing good with the exercise but can't seem to stay consistent with the eating. I have a good day of controlled eating then the next day I start out well only to binge later on in the day. I'm working on trying to eat healthy foods and stay away from the sugar which tends to be my downfall. It was a good day today so hopefully I can pull that off again tomorrow. Wishing you all a healthy eating day tomorrow.
  • getthebabeback
    I aslo meant to add that I don't feel all that great today. I think my body missed all the vegies I usually have every day.