Are you over 200pds, let's diet together

Replies

• SarahMWong15
    SarahMWong15 Posts: 58 Member
    tawtyping-just keep on moving forward! Progress is not linear!! ^^

Also, I've come up with a couple of non scale goals.
    I'd like to buy a new bikini this summer. Not one that only shows a little sliver of my belly.
    I'd also like to workout in just a sports top and leggings by the end of the year. I get so envious of these women in their cute matching bras and leggings in the gym. I want that confidence too!!!
  • CathyRocky
    CathyRocky Posts: 64 Member
    Well, I thought I'd hop on my scale to see where I'm at and the battery has crapped out. Hope to get some replacements soon. My meals have been on point. I haven't left the house in a few days due to the weather. It's in the teens and snowy. Everyone keep up the good work!
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @lelser60 - so glad to see you back posting, good losses (slow and better then no loss) congrats.

@CathyRocky - oh no batteries needed for your scale (well, when the weather cooperates LOL, replace them).

Ok team, i can NOT believe we are coming up on the end of JANUARY, seriously, where has this month GONE? have a good one people. 🤗
  • celticck77
    celticck77 Posts: 113 Member
    @FatimaStartsAllOver - thank you for being such a positive voice. I really enjoy reading your posts.
  • FatimaStartsAllOver
    FatimaStartsAllOver Posts: 302 Member
    @celticck77 - thank you so much 🤗

@theleadmare - so sorry to hear you’re feeling awful due to your “cycle” UGH, ever try warm/hot compress?

@ladycopnh1 - 1st super congrats on your huge loss this week, so proud of you!!! but please let me explain what just happened to me as i read your post... with my mug of coffee up towards my lips (blowing softly), i bit down on the mug saying holy *kitten* - while spilling a small portion... omg goooo ladycop woohoo. YOU ROCK!!!! 🤗
  • I've been in a hot bath several times. Unfortunately, I can't live in it. (sigh)
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Thank you so much FatimaStarts, it blew my mind. I had to step on the scale 4xs. I am expecting a gain next week.
    How did 'you' do this week ?

I am sorry to hear your cycles are so tough but I can relate, I had Endometriosis during my cycles and the agonizing pain would literally put me right to my knees, This sounds weird but the only thing I could do to relax the pain was to go into my bedroom and get on my bed, on my knees, with my butt up in the air and my head nestled in my hands ( I said it sounded weird ), but it was the only thing that eased the pain. Because it was so bad I was unable to have children.
  • JESICALOVESCLAY
    JESICALOVESCLAY Posts: 4 Member
    Hello, I would like to join too. I went to the doctors recently for what I call sever exhaustion. I feel like I can never rest enough. They ran a ton of blood work, luckily for me all the blood work came back fine. I even have too low cholesterol. So they prescribed me mile long walks. Then the nice discussion of loosing weight. I would love to be my former 135, though I truly believe that would require my former life. LOL Looking forward to walk this journey with you.
  • VeggieMeg71
    VeggieMeg71 Posts: 205 Member
    Oh my goodness, what a day! Had a four-day weekend (1 extra day due to ice, the other for MLK Day), which is nice, but the first day back after a break is always a doozy! On the upside, I was too busy to think about eating between meals. I did have a white chocolate truffle after an annoying interaction at work though. I find myself craving candy whenever someone pisses me off. I try to chew gum instead, but sometimes gum doesn't cut it. Gotta work on that! Meals were pretty good and had a good walk on my treadmill. I'm getting a blister on my foot, but I'm ignoring it for now. I can never find athletic shoes that fit perfectly. I keep alternating shoes hoping that they won't rub in the same spots, but ugh. Nonetheless, it was a good day overall! Hope your days have been good also!
  • genna11235
    genna11235 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m new to this app, altogether, but would love to join the group. I’m 48 years old and weigh 289 lbs, at only 5’5” in height. I’ve been discouraged and wondering how I let myself get to this point. I need the positivity and support from a group like this. And need to lose some weight before my wedding in August
  • CathyRocky
    genna11235 wrote: »
    I’m new to this app, altogether, but would love to join the group. I’m 48 years old and weigh 289 lbs, at only 5’5” in height. I’ve been discouraged and wondering how I let myself get to this point. I need the positivity and support from a group like this. And need to lose some weight before my wedding in August

You've come to the right place, genna11235! We are happy to have you join us.
  • CathyRocky
    Hello, I would like to join too. I went to the doctors recently for what I call sever exhaustion. I feel like I can never rest enough. They ran a ton of blood work, luckily for me all the blood work came back fine. I even have too low cholesterol. So they prescribed me mile long walks. Then the nice discussion of loosing weight. I would love to be my former 135, though I truly believe that would require my former life. LOL Looking forward to walk this journey with you.

Very nice to meet you! Happy to have you join us.
  • VeggieMeg71
    Are most of you following specific types of diets? I'm doing Real Appeal, which isn't really a diet, but they have you focus on different healthy habits each week to try to make healthy lifestyle changes (hopefully on a permanent basis). The food diary on MFP can sync with the Real Appeal app, so that's how I ended up here.
  • @VeggieMeg71: I am following my own diet, because I have IBS and fructose intolerance, and so most diets that say, "Have a nice delicious smoothie for breakfast!" would lead to me spending the day nauseated and aching, and then experiencing the wonders of an IBS attack. (sigh) I'm just basically keeping my calories spaced out evenly through the day (I find I'm happier that way) and keeping them under the total. It seems to be working okay so far. I feel better, and I've lost about eleven pounds so far.

Plus, it's easier for me to live when I can have ice cream and cookies on occasion, and hot chocolate every night.
  • ladycopnh1
    ladycopnh1 Posts: 287 Member
    Welcome jesicalove, genna11235 & cantjustcant - we can't wait to get to know you.

veggiemeg - you gotta start coming up with other alternatives than turning to sweets. I know that's what I've been
    using as my security blanket against the world, and now I weigh around 262pds.

jesicalove - All you have to do is put down a start weight and let us ( your new extended family ) help you through
    this journey.
  • VeggieMeg71
    Yes, I agree @ladycopnh1. Unfortunately HR frowns upon punching people. I'm totally kidding! :D