What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Everything at Panera is wildly overpriced and overrated.

Good Lord, that's the TRUTH!
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    I'll eat cottage cheese on rice or mashed potatos or baked potatos

used to do that all the time when I was a kid. Cottage cheese on baked potato with baked beans on top of it all....Delicious!

I'd go with some spicy black beans, but cottage cheese and potatoes, with or without the beans, sound good to me.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Everything at Panera is wildly overpriced and overrated.

Good Lord, that's the TRUTH!

In my neighborhood there's a Panera, and a bunch of really good (WAY cheaper) small local places that sell sandwiches and salads, similar fare. Panera is constantly busy and the others aren't hurting for business or anything but I'm just like, huh...?
  • autumjo14
    autumjo14 Posts: 8 Member
    Was very picky growing up, slightly less picky now but I do not eat condiments: ketcup, mustard, relish, mayo,, gross. Cant stand the smell even.
  • nighthawk584
    nighthawk584 Posts: 1,992 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    LiftNRiot wrote: »
    I'll eat cottage cheese on rice or mashed potatos or baked potatos

used to do that all the time when I was a kid. Cottage cheese on baked potato with baked beans on top of it all....Delicious!

I'd go with some spicy black beans, but cottage cheese and potatoes, with or without the beans, sound good to me.

sounds good too, but we didn't know what black beans were back in the 70s haha
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Ketchup and grilled cheese is a must

Half & half and grape nuts cereal is great

• InstepFitness
    InstepFitness Posts: 37 Member
    edited January 2020
    Any food with gelatin is disgusting! Jello, marshmallows, candies, all gelatin is melted down pig lard. I hate meat! Anything we have to give a name to invisiblize the food to hypnotize us to eat I don't want,I have earned my competence. Hamburger =Hand-burgers,taco =Talk os. Ham= Hand. The government keeps us in control by how they hypnotize us by the names of our foods. 😂 😢

• ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    alexmose wrote: »
    Carbs on pizza is an abomination. Brownies that are ALMOST baked are the best. Jk I’d eat raw dough/batter whenever.

Wait... so.. like the whole pizza? I mean, carbs is kind of the thing that makes it pizza. Or do you mean things like mac n cheese pizza?

Maybe they mean as a topping? In which case, I'm in agreement: I have a similar view about two starches at the same meal.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    We never brought cottage cheese on a camping trip.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited January 2020
    Any food with gelatin is disgusting! Jello, marshmallows, candies, all gelatin is melted down pig lard. I hate meat! Anything we have to give a name to invisiblize the food to hypnotize us to eat I don't want,I have earned my competence. Hamburger =Hand-burgers,taco =Talk os. Ham= Hand. The government keeps us in control by how they hypnotize us by the names of our foods. 😂 😢

Technically, gelatin is melted down pig's (or cow's) hooves, bones, and cartilage. Mmmm, gelatin! And hamburgers! And tacos! WOO!

oru91meang85.gif
  • NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    ejbronte wrote: »
    Carbs on pizza is an abomination. Brownies that are ALMOST baked are the best. Jk I’d eat raw dough/batter whenever.

Wait... so.. like the whole pizza? I mean, carbs is kind of the thing that makes it pizza. Or do you mean things like mac n cheese pizza?

Maybe they mean as a topping? In which case, I'm in agreement: I have a similar view about two starches at the same meal.

I think it is mellow mushroom that has a pizza with potatoes on it. It is quite horrible. You can't rule out carbs on a pizza because the tomato sauce has carbs. Pineapple though should not be on a savory pizza either.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

I think it is mellow mushroom that has a pizza with potatoes on it. It is quite horrible. You can't rule out carbs on a pizza because the tomato sauce has carbs. Pineapple though should not be on a savory pizza either.

Agreed, the tomato sauce and any veggies would be a "carb" topping. I have seen pies that have pasta as a topping - either a baked ziti pie or a buffalo mac & cheese pie, and I'd agree that's ridiculous. I've never seen potato on pizza but that would also be bizarre. So I'd agree that fruit or starchy carbs on a pizza is wrong.
  • KevinWH87
    KevinWH87 Posts: 74 Member
    I find just about any dessert food to be too sweet, and I don't like sugar in my coffee or tea.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »

Agreed, the tomato sauce and any veggies would be a "carb" topping. I have seen pies that have pasta as a topping - either a baked ziti pie or a buffalo mac & cheese pie, and I'd agree that's ridiculous. I've never seen potato on pizza but that would also be bizarre. So I'd agree that fruit or starchy carbs on a pizza is wrong.

One of the local places here has an "Idaho" pizza that's topped with mashed potatoes (as the "sauce") cheddar, and bacon. I love it.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member

One of the local places here has an "Idaho" pizza that's topped with mashed potatoes (as the "sauce") cheddar, and bacon. I love it.

I mean, I love you, and I'm sorry, but... no. :tongue:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member

I mean, I love you, and I'm sorry, but... no. :tongue:

Idaho doesn't have an "Idaho" pizza. What the kitten?!? :p