What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• _sw33tp3a_11
    _sw33tp3a_11 Posts: 4,692 Member
    Options
    Boundaries. And applying them to certain people who only need me when it's convenient for them.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    empresssue wrote: »
    Cold toilet seats are the worst

you should try peeing with cold hands

I have, but I'm thinking it wouldn't have the same effect on me :lol:

You should try peeing on cold hands
    • I have a headache.
    • 2. How did this line of conversation go from toilet antics to water sports lickety split?? This place is weird.

I have a bad habit of ruining conversations

Ruining... or enhancing?

Well, I seem to accidentally shut things down occasionally so I’m assuming many people aren’t interested in certain lines of conversation
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    The defense has been on the field way too long and is completely gassed.
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    TarryTaffy wrote: »
    Took me almost 1 hour to figure out my daughters homework (grad 8) I feel pretty dumb 😆

:smile: I heard an interview with a scientist a few years ago, talking about memory loss. What some were saying was memory loss after a certain age... like when you can't easily recall actors' names from a movie or TV show some time ago... he called emptying overflowing file cabinets.

Basically, each year, we add more & more knowledge to our filing cabinets & when they become too full, we purge some of the files cuz we can only retain so much or our brains would explode if we kept everything in short term memory.

So, not remembering means you've learned a lot & had to make room for the new. You also have kids... there's always a lot to focus on... recalling algebra isn't at the top of the list when having a frantic schedule & more important things to remember.

So, not remembering means you've a lot of knowledge to clear before you can retrieve past files. :smile:

It probably has to do more with how much the curriculum and academics have changed since we were kids. It's crazy the way we learned even the most basic math skills versus how they teach it now. 4th grade basic long division or multiplication stumps most parents...because of how it is taught today. We can come up with the correct answer...but using the method we were taught.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Took me almost 1 hour to figure out my daughters homework (grad 8) I feel pretty dumb 😆

:smile: I heard an interview with a scientist a few years ago, talking about memory loss. What some were saying was memory loss after a certain age... like when you can't easily recall actors' names from a movie or TV show some time ago... he called emptying overflowing file cabinets.

Basically, each year, we add more & more knowledge to our filing cabinets & when they become too full, we purge some of the files cuz we can only retain so much or our brains would explode if we kept everything in short term memory.

So, not remembering means you've learned a lot & had to make room for the new. You also have kids... there's always a lot to focus on... recalling algebra isn't at the top of the list when having a frantic schedule & more important things to remember.

So, not remembering means you've a lot of knowledge to clear before you can retrieve past files. :smile:

We can come up with the correct answer...but using the method we were taught.

Peeking at the smart kid's test when the teacher turns her back to the classroom ???
  • isalsayourface123
    isalsayourface123 Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

We can come up with the correct answer...but using the method we were taught.

Peeking at the smart kid's test when the teacher turns her back to the classroom ???

jjzm6tgvmu9y.gif
  • minimiss669
    minimiss669 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    HaHaHa! Yes I am!
    I wonder how many parents in my kids class just either do the homework for their kid, or just give them all the answers so they turn in perfect work

... do parents actually do that? Seems kinda detrimental to the development of your kid, if so.

I'm just thinking if some parents are willing to commit crimes to jump their kids ahead of the line to get into college, and with the way some parents these days seem to like blaming everyone else but themselves or their kids...

Who knows what they will do to push their kid ahead in a class...

I mean I can't say I know it happens but I wonder sometimes...

Let's ask an actual teacher! Hey, do parents actually do this, @minimiss669 ?

@Mr_Healthy_Habits For some reason I am just seeing this! In my experience, I did have parents who clearly did their kids homework for them. I think that they were raised to believe that having the right answer was important to pass and they were only trying to help their own make it. I don't think they realized that helping them to learn it was the main reason for sending homework in the first place. They weren't willing to let their kids turn in a less than perfect paper. On the other hand, most of the homework sent home was either never returned or done completely independent of any adult guidance.
  • Xiao_Ya_
    Xiao_Ya_ Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    How I'm supposed to be working on Calculus homework for college tomorrow.. and how I have to teach a student I feel 100% unready to teach.. just stressing out in general.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    HaHaHa! Yes I am!
    I wonder how many parents in my kids class just either do the homework for their kid, or just give them all the answers so they turn in perfect work

... do parents actually do that? Seems kinda detrimental to the development of your kid, if so.

I'm just thinking if some parents are willing to commit crimes to jump their kids ahead of the line to get into college, and with the way some parents these days seem to like blaming everyone else but themselves or their kids...

Who knows what they will do to push their kid ahead in a class...

I mean I can't say I know it happens but I wonder sometimes...

Let's ask an actual teacher! Hey, do parents actually do this, @minimiss669 ?

@Mr_Healthy_Habits For some reason I am just seeing this! In my experience, I did have parents who clearly did their kids homework for them. I think that they were raised to believe that having the right answer was important to pass and they were only trying to help their own make it. I don't think they realized that helping them to learn it was the main reason for sending homework in the first place. They weren't willing to let their kids turn in a less than perfect paper. On the other hand, most of the homework sent home was either never returned or done completely independent of any adult guidance.

Wow, most of the homework is never turned in hu?
    We fall behind on some of it but always catch up...

Sometimes tho I'm just looking at his assignments thinking I could do this all for him in like 2 minutes 😂... And it leaves me wondering how many parents just do it... And particularly on larger projects...

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    The next room in the house to tackle.
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I miss the conversations.
  • The_Canadian_Apex
    The_Canadian_Apex Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Even when gone, some people will always hold a special place in your heart.
  • happimess01
    happimess01 Posts: 9,071 Member
    Options
    The time will come
    when, with elation,
    you will greet yourself arriving
    at your own door, in your own mirror,
    and each will smile at the other’s welcome,
    and say, sit here. Eat.
    You will love again the stranger who was your self.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    messaging my doc via the hospitals online portal for a new prescription- almost typed "subscription" instead though. really what's the difference ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • empresssue
    empresssue Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow
  • TarryTaffy
    TarryTaffy Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Getting to the beach to walk this weekend, finally.
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    That no one in my office has an indoor voice. One of the guys has hearing aids but he refuses to wear them because he can hear better on the phone without them. :s I'm sure people down the block can hear all the loud mouths in my office.
  • s131951
    s131951 Posts: 3,776 Member
    Options
    That no one in my office has an indoor voice. One of the guys has hearing aids but he refuses to wear them because he can hear better on the phone without them. :s I'm sure people down the block can hear all the loud mouths in my office.

Are they just proclaiming things loudly?