January 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,685 Member
    Does anyone have a recommendation for cold weather leggings? When I take mine off my thighs are numb.

I had that same problem this week. Following for recommendations.... Have you tried any of Gypsy Runner's clothing line? I love her capris because of the fit and the pockets. She has some cold gear leggings but I haven't tried them. She is an actual runner. She runs marathons all the time. She and her husband travel the US in an RV, set up booths at race expos with her running gear line, she runs the race, and then they move on to the next city.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    i had some nice ones from c9 and reflex90
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    You guys! I just looked to see where the closest parkrun is to me, out of curiosity because I knew we didn't have one, but new ones are starting all over Poland. They started one 5 kilometers from my house, and it looks like they've been doing it there for 6 months! I just signed up and will go check it out tomorrow!

Oh, that be perfect you could run to the race as a warm-up, run the race, and run home. :)

Exactly! Although tomorrow I'll probably bike there and just do a 1-lap warmup, as I was only planning to run about 5-8k. It's been a long running week.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Does anyone have a recommendation for cold weather leggings? When I take mine off my thighs are numb.
    Two (or more) pairs of leggings helps me. I have some technical "long underwear" tights and shirt that are great as a base layer, then add a pair of cold-weather tights on top of that. If I'm cycling or "nordic plowing" through snow in the woods, I'll add ski pants, but they aren't great to run in.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    If you have time on your hands and don't want travel you end up setting up and running an event like my brother has, which started opposite his house! peatlingchallenge.co.uk/
    guch7drc6z3w.jpg
    59rgshrdg4fo.jpg
    hk2yzgraiocc.jpg

that looks awesome.

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    Teresa502 wrote: »
    Teresa502 wrote: »

I was just in Asheville and saw this being advertised... Thought would have been great if it were last weekend when I was there! Good luck!

That would have been so cool to have a meet-up! Asheville is about 1 1/2 hour drive for me. I saw that you visited the Biltmore. Such a lovely place. Was all the Christmas decor still up? Another cool thing to do in Asheville during the holidays is to visit the gingerbread house competition at the Grove Park Inn. I've yet to go but it's been on my want-to list for a long time!

That would have been cool! No, the Christmas decor was not up. They apparently take it down a week into the New Year, so missed it by a couple weeks. I really would love to go during the holidays but it never quite happens.
    Where do you live? In N.C.?

I live in southwest Virginia and work in Kingsport, Tennessee so I can be in WV, KY, TN or NC within an hour.

How perfect it that?! All those races you can do!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    @LoveyChar

This is your first twenty miler? I remember being so nervous before my first! But the feeling afterwards, when you now know you can do it, it feels great! Wishing you the best for Sunday.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    I'll try the 1-4-4-1 @PastorVincent was talking about if I can, or a modified version at least :)

Happy Weekend!

If you can? You most certainly can, I mean it is not copyrighted or anything! :D
    (joking I know what you mean...)
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    5k in my least favorite weather, 37 degrees and raining! Literally no one else out running. We didn’t even see a dog walker, we were all alone in the parking lot. Not a bad run after we got going, except much slower than it felt.

I have some by Nike that are pretty good. I'm not sure they'd keep you dry in the rain, perhaps water resistant track pants over your current choice? I have some smart wool for a base layer, but again wont help keep dry and you'd get cold.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    I'll try the 1-4-4-1 @PastorVincent was talking about if I can, or a modified version at least :)

Happy Weekend!

If you can? You most certainly can, I mean it is not copyrighted or anything! :D
    (joking I know what you mean...)

Lol, that cracked me up. Ok if I’m able, is that better?😂
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited January 2020
    Rainy pants. https://www.runningwarehouse.com/Ultimate_Direction_Womens_Ultra_20_Pant/descpage-ULDW2P.html The video model reminds me of Skip @skippygirlsmom . These seem do-able in the rain and thin. no reviews though.

oh here's more but expensive. https://www.runningwarehouse.com/ARCTERYX_Womens_Trino_Tight/descpage-ARCWTT.html