What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• IwannaFlyyy
    IwannaFlyyy Posts: 2 Member
    Gnocchi with prawns, cherry tomatoes and red hot chilly pepper. I cooked the prawns (100gr-71cal) in the pan with just a bit of home made extravergine olive oil (4ml-33cal), garlic, cherry tomatoes and a bit of red hot chilly pepper. In another pot I boiled the gnocchi (250gr-400cal). total calories it is about 530 cal (I didn't check the cherry tomatoes and garlic). Really tasty and I feel full :)
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,600 Member
    Roast leg of lamb, hasselback potatoes, roast parsnips and carrots all done in the airfryer. Onion gravy and sauteed spinach.
    6irge769celz.jpeg
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    A Peruvian chicken recipe from the NYTimes https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1018974-peruvian-roasted-chicken-with-spicy-cilantro-sauce . I only used half of a chicken because I am one person and I didn't add the feta to the sauce. I ate it along with a baked sweet potato - the sauce also tastes very good on that (frankly it'll taste good on anything).
  • diamonds1202
    diamonds1202 Posts: 24 Member
  • mjbnj0001
    mjbnj0001 Posts: 1,075 Member
    Classic dish for a downpour-rainy, cold, January Saturday evening here in NJ USA: slowcooker roast, potatoes, carrots, onions, side salad (not pictured). Haven't yet computed the MFP macro counts on this, but reducing the potatoes percentage while boosting the carrots helps with keeping a lower glycemic load.

mi8op8wcs7yh.jpg
  • PodPab
    PodPab Posts: 8 Member
    I made a veggie burrito bowl in the slow cooker 😁
  • diamonds1202
    diamonds1202 Posts: 24 Member
    Pancakes with peanut butter.
  • acpgee
    p4pcdelkw9o4.jpeg
    Roast turkey! I added a ton of rosemary this time and it was great!
    If you don't already do this, separate the skin from the meat with your fingers and slide herbs between skin and meat. Really ups the intensity of herbs on roasted fowl.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    acpgee wrote: »
    p4pcdelkw9o4.jpeg
    Roast turkey! I added a ton of rosemary this time and it was great!
    If you don't already do this, separate the skin from the meat with your fingers and slide herbs between skin and meat. Really ups the intensity of herbs on roasted fowl.

@acpgee /— will def do this next time!!! Love using 🌿 herbs! 😋 thanks!
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    edited January 2020
    Pasta (mezza maniche) cooked al dente, with smoked wild salmon in a cream sauce with Parmigiano Reggiano.

Last night pulled pork and broccoli (boiled slightly--I like it bright green and firm) with EVOO and salt.
  • dg4464
    dg4464 Posts: 15 Member
    Buffalo chicken wraps
  • snowflake954
    Tonight homemade cream of celery and potato soup with freshly grated PR on top, fish cakes and lean pork sirloin.
  • Safari_Gal_
    Ok went a little crazy on the artichoke love today. I found some fresh baby artichokes (carciofi) from Egypt at a lil market.
    (And I didn’t take a photo! Dah!)

Was seriously craving my Grandmother in law’s Carciofi alla Giudìa and Carciofi all Romana. So I made both! I think the artichokes we grow in Rome in our backyard are a little more tasty in the spring —- but I’ve still never met a artichoke I didn’t like!
  • snowflake954
    Ok went a little crazy on the artichoke love today. I found some fresh baby artichokes (carciofi) from Egypt at a lil market.

Was seriously craving my Grandmother in law’s Carciofi alla Giudìa and Carciofi all Romana. So I made both! I think the artichokes we grow in Rome in our backyard are a little more tasty in the spring —- but I’ve still never met a artichoke I didn’t like!

I've lived in Rome for 33 yrs and there are not many backyards. Where do you live?
  • acpgee

Wow. Carciofi all Giudia is great but way too labour intensive for me. I've only eaten this at restaurants. Just looking at the instructions for how to clean them makes me tired. Kudos to you.
  • Safari_Gal_

I've lived in Rome for 33 yrs and there are not many backyards. Where do you live?

Hi Snowflake! Hi neighbor!

We own a building in Trastevere. (Also in Flaminio and off the Appia Antica by the catacombs / our main residence is in Trastevere though when we aren’t in NYC. ) We have little courtyards in all of them.. but my husbands Grandmother’s house south of Viale di porta ardetina has some substantial land around it. It gets some lovely sun all year round.

Are you familiar with Trastevere? We are close to Ponte Garibaldi.

What neighborhood are you in?

M
  • Safari_Gal_
    acpgee wrote: »

Wow. Carciofi all Giudia is great but way too labour intensive for me. I've only eaten this at restaurants. Just looking at the instructions for how to clean them makes me tired. Kudos to you.

@acpgee - I’m still trying to perfect the crispness! My quest continues..

My MIL flash fries them ... there is a restaurant not far from us that makes it so perfectly ....I could eat the whole plate.