Replies

• rkleslie79
    rkleslie79 Posts: 3 Member
    Trying to loose the last 40.
  • slade51
    slade51 Posts: 180 Member
    wayne2025 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,
    I am new to My Fitness Pal. I finally bite the bullet and download the MFP app. I have thinking of losing weight and find a healthier way to live. I am at a odds on where to start and does anyone have any pointer for a beginner?

Start by logging everything. My first thing was replacing soda -> water, candy/cookies -> fruit/nuts, ice cream -> yogurt.
    Then find an exercise <b>that you like</b> walking, biking, whatever. If it’s fun and not work, you won’t dread doing it.
    I let people know I was exercising to keep myself accountable. The first 2-4 weeks will drop “water weight”; don’t be discouraged if it slows after that, just aim for steady progress.
    And get some friends here to cheer you on!
    You’ve already taken the hardest step to start.
  • PinkShamrocks
    PinkShamrocks Posts: 6 Member
    Hi I'm Kate from Michigan! I had great success using MFP about 5 years ago. I then got lazy, didn't watch what I ate and had knee surgery several months ago. The result, I put a ton of weight back on :# I'm working back towards more exercise and eating better. I welcome all friends especially those with 100 lbs to lose. I've done it before, I know I can do it again. We can all reach our goals!!
  • Ichabodny
    Ichabodny Posts: 7 Member
    robertw486 wrote: »
    How do i add friends?
    I was wondering that too. How do I add friends?

Since this seems to be asked often, I made up some guides for it.

pcudg6o877t0.jpg

Thank you so much for your post-so helpful!
  • Ichabodny
    Ichabodny Posts: 7 Member
    Hello, I'm adding to the list of newbies here. Had some health scares recently and considered morbidly obese with a fear of continuing to gain until my body gives out much sooner then it should.

I'm 48 years old weighing 300 lbs. I am working with a medical staff as well but we take the trip every couple of months for now for progress weigh-ins (wonderful hubby and I). I am being considered for bariatric surgery and wanting to avoid this with some real resolution. My husband and I do NOT want to take this road. I am here determined and seeking some real support to turn my life around and maintain it after for a hopefully very long life still.

I will be happy to add anyone wanting friendship and support here. Have a wonderful day!
  • VivLeFairy
    VivLeFairy Posts: 8 Member
    Hi! I'm new ish. Haven't used the app much, but I will now
  • jasmine_edmonds
    jasmine_edmonds Posts: 1 Member
    Hi I had MFP on my Phone for a little while But not used it that in depth. I'm on the Slimming World Was doing really great at the beginning then lost motivation. I'm now I'm now starting to get my head back in the game. :)
  • glitter_blondie
    glitter_blondie Posts: 3 Member
    Hey! I’m new here! I gained quite a bit of work in grad school through exam and dissertation stress so I’m finally ready to get healthy and fit again! Would also love to make some friends on here for motivation so please feel free to add me xx
  • wearout
    wearout Posts: 1 Member
    Hello. My name is Christopher. I'm nervous to post here. This is my first day on MFP.

I'm 18 years old, and 340lbs+. I am chronically ill from years of medical neglect from my blood family. I was bedridden for most of my life. I'm on a lot of medications, and struggle the most with PTSD and borderline personality disorder (which comes with binge eating disorder). I am also transitioning from female to male with hormone replacement therapy. I'm going through a second puberty and having testosterone cravings yay! Lol

I live somewhere beautiful now. I love it! But, I am still struggling with my weight and compulsive eating... I want to lose it in a safe way and not a bad way like I struggled with in the past. I'm scared to put myself out there, but I want to succeed! I want to be healthy! I want to do this, and not give up 5 days in!
  • maaka1981
    maaka1981 Posts: 140 Member
    Hello everyone. I'm new here, looking for motivational friends
  • donahueJohnson
    donahueJohnson Posts: 1 Member
    Alex wrote: »
    Hello and welcome to the MyFitnessPal Community!

We have an enormous community of MyFitnessPal members who you can connect with, get tips from, and share experiences. Many of our users have had impressive success and have a lot of experience and wisdom to share.

We'd love you to say hello and introduce yourself. You should also check out our member's amazing success stories.

Stop by our 2020 Welcome Noobs Discussion to meet other folks who are new to the community.

We care deeply about having a community that is a safe and supportive place for our members. Please help us out by reviewing our Community Guidelines.

Community Guidelines

Forum Resources: Hope to see you in our community!

Warm Regards,
    MyFitnessPal Team

"The time is now"
  • ancientcastle
    ancientcastle Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone! My name is Cas and I'm quite new here. Last week I found out that I have Type 2 diabetes that affecting my hormones so bad I bleed for 2 months straight. My ob gyne told me to lose weight so I can live longer since obesity is taking toll to my health. I currently weigh 236 lbs, I am 5'2 ft. I don't know how to start. I am a stress eater and eating sweets is what comforts me to all the stress I am getting in my job. I hope we can help each other.
  • deafshark78
    deafshark78 Posts: 2 Member
    Hey! I am back on here after several years, but under a new account since I deleted my old one years ago. I've been doing an ok job at maintaining, but would like to be more serious and consistent in becoming a lot more leaner, fitter, more active, as well as shifting my focus onto strength training. Heaviest weight was 169lbs, and I am now at 137. Seeking friends who are serious about their health & fitness. Let's reach our goals!
  • Jossy_star
    Jossy_star Posts: 7 Member
    Hello I’m just getting started feel free to add me
  • cassidy90x
    cassidy90x Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone - anyone is welcome to add me - little motivation together would be great!
  • jwice78
    jwice78 Posts: 25 Member
    Hello , back at it again I have been on and off over a year but now I’m back in full force ! I have lost almost 40 pounds since first time I join since last year now I’m looking into losing another 40!!! Not easy at all.

Welcome to add me - together we can do it !! Cheer each other on and motivate each other :)
  • RJCJ1602
    RJCJ1602 Posts: 1 Member
    Hello! Been waiting to use this app ^^ hope that I'll get good progress!