Less Alcohol - JANUARY 2020- One Day at a Time

Options

Replies

• dawnbgethealthy
    dawnbgethealthy Posts: 7,554 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    @MissMay I'm running the Austin Marathon!

Wow!!!
    Good for you!!
    You know that we will all be cheering you on. Keep us posted on the day and time so that we can send our good vibes up into the atmosphere for you when it happens : - )
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I just made it to 16 for December.

Wednesday January 01 - 3 drinks
    Thursday January 02 - 3 drinks
    Friday January 03 - AF
    Saturday January 04 - AF - Had to delay and delay and delay today, really wanted to have drinks...but I didn't.
    Sunday January 05 - 3 drinks
    Monday January 06 - AF
    Tuesday January 07 - 3 drinks. Although I have skipped some Tuesdays in the past, it is my designated drink day. I felt off the rails today and know that I need to make some changes with jobs, because the Tuesdays are increasingly just too much for me. Tough to find another job at 59, but the stress is ridiculous. That first sip of alcohol was nicely numbing. I know intellectually that it is not the best way to decompress, but it certainly is surefire and quick.
    Wednesday January 08 - AF
    Thursday January 09 - 3 drinks - worked early morning until 8pm today, started thinking by 7pm of having a drink when I got home after a grueling day...and I did. I sure am not racking up many AF days this month so far! I know that I won't get rid of that 5 pound gain over the holidays (which took me 7 months to lose!) unless I stop the alcohol. Work in progress.
    Friday January 10 - AF. Planned wine tomorrow evening with a friend.
    Saturday January 11 - Wine and Brandy. The conversation flowed so easily as those of you who have imbibed in alcohol know how that goes. I was pretty good about having a water in between each drink, that made me feel as if I was "drinking less". Ready to get serious about racking up some AF days soon.
    Sunday January 12 - AF
    Monday January 13 - AF
    Tuesday January 14 - 3 drinks. Pretty much 1 for 1. Going to try to do a little better. No regrets for having drinks tonight. I am never going to be an abstainer, but definitely want to drink less.
    Wednesday January 15 - AF - halfway to the lower end of my goal for the month.
    Thursday January 16 - 3 drinks - wanted the 4th, but knew that it would make me throw up, so didn't. I want to get back to trying to get 2 AF days in a row each time in between.
    Friday January 17 - AF
    Saturday January 18 - AF - It was touch and go there for a couple of hours, I really felt like having a couple of drinks. I am sure that I will be happy about it in the morning that I managed to resist.
    Sunday January 19 - 3 drinks. Definitely will be AF tomorrow, Tuesdays are usually a very busy day for me.
    Monday January 20 - AF
    Tuesday January 21 - AF - Very busy day tomorrow working out of town. No booze today!
    Wednesday January 22 - 3 drinks. Helluva long day. I realize that I reward myself with drinks for working ridiculously long, or the opposite, having a good relaxing day. Thinking about that.
    Thursday January 23 - AF. Dinner and the Ballet tomorrow night where we usually have wine. We'll see, really trying to get back to 2 AF days in a row between drinks days.
    Friday January 24 - AF - The Ballet was great, "Anne of Green Gables", a Canadian Classic Story set in PEI re-imagined as a Ballet. Usually my girlfriends and I have drinks with dinner and wine at the Ballet, but nobody did since everyone was driving, so it was very easy to be AF tonight.
    Saturday January 25 - 3 drinks
    Sunday January 26 - AF - I am battling a flu/cold, so a glass of red wine or a Brandy would have been nice, but shouldn't do 2 days in a row with drinks.
    Monday January 27 - AF - Made the lower point of my monthly goal, tomorrow is Tuesday, we'll see how that goes. Can't believe that there is only 4 days left of the month, that seemed to go so fast, but I guess that I was just very busy with work and it flew by.
    Tuesday January 28 - 3 drinks. I enjoyed them, and it temporarily made my cold/flu feel better.
    Wednesday January 29 - AF
    Thursday January 30th - 3 drinks. Broke my 2AF in a row goal, but I forced myself to go out to work in the field today even though I was feeling crappy, and didn't think twice about pouring a drink when I got home (and getting straight into my cozy jammies before I even had a sip). Not regretting it. Might still squeak 18AF days out for this month, which would be great!

Running tally: 17AF days out of 30 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    I've gone quiet because I'm having a (planned) drinking week on holiday, but it's good to see all the successes on the thread :smile: I'll be back in Feb...

I hope that you post some photos for us of where you are at : - )
    Have a great time!
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,548 Member
    Options

This is exciting @LoveyChar. Yes do keep us in the loop as when.
  • MissMay
    Options
    I've gone quiet because I'm having a (planned) drinking week on holiday, but it's good to see all the successes on the thread :smile: I'll be back in Feb...

How nice a holiday! Great view in your photo, you ready do look like your enjoying every minute.
  • MissMay
    Options
    Old habit: 1-4 drinks/evening.
    Goal: Ease into only drinking on weekends! Consistantly be AF 5 days a week.

Jan 26- AF 😁
    Jan 27- AF 😁
    Jan 28- AF 😁
    Jan 29- AF 😁

13 AF / 25 Days
    WOW you did awesome 4 smiley faces in a row!!
  • MissMay
    Options
    @WinoGelato great to have you checking in. Enjoy the time with your family during this Super Bowl. I have chosen the Chiefs over the 49ers this year because my home team was knocked out of the playoffs and not in the SB for once.
    Have a wonderful time. And nice work making those double digit AF days.
  • MissMay
    Options
    @dawnbgethealthy 17 is still a fantastic number. Get better so you can go skating!
  • wine_n_weights
    wine_n_weights Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    6d3jfunnm6k1.jpg

Awesome pic! Have a terrific time!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options

Wow!!!
    Good for you!!
    You know that we will all be cheering you on. Keep us posted on the day and time so that we can send our good vibes up into the atmosphere for you when it happens : - )

Awwwwwwww absolutely, thank you...❤️💝💖!!!
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    As usual, I am going to try for 16-20 AF days for the month.
    I just made it to 16 for December.

Wednesday January 01 - 3 drinks
    Thursday January 02 - 3 drinks
    Friday January 03 - AF
    Saturday January 04 - AF - Had to delay and delay and delay today, really wanted to have drinks...but I didn't.
    Sunday January 05 - 3 drinks
    Monday January 06 - AF
    Tuesday January 07 - 3 drinks. Although I have skipped some Tuesdays in the past, it is my designated drink day. I felt off the rails today and know that I need to make some changes with jobs, because the Tuesdays are increasingly just too much for me. Tough to find another job at 59, but the stress is ridiculous. That first sip of alcohol was nicely numbing. I know intellectually that it is not the best way to decompress, but it certainly is surefire and quick.
    Wednesday January 08 - AF
    Thursday January 09 - 3 drinks - worked early morning until 8pm today, started thinking by 7pm of having a drink when I got home after a grueling day...and I did. I sure am not racking up many AF days this month so far! I know that I won't get rid of that 5 pound gain over the holidays (which took me 7 months to lose!) unless I stop the alcohol. Work in progress.
    Friday January 10 - AF. Planned wine tomorrow evening with a friend.
    Saturday January 11 - Wine and Brandy. The conversation flowed so easily as those of you who have imbibed in alcohol know how that goes. I was pretty good about having a water in between each drink, that made me feel as if I was "drinking less". Ready to get serious about racking up some AF days soon.
    Sunday January 12 - AF
    Monday January 13 - AF
    Tuesday January 14 - 3 drinks. Pretty much 1 for 1. Going to try to do a little better. No regrets for having drinks tonight. I am never going to be an abstainer, but definitely want to drink less.
    Wednesday January 15 - AF - halfway to the lower end of my goal for the month.
    Thursday January 16 - 3 drinks - wanted the 4th, but knew that it would make me throw up, so didn't. I want to get back to trying to get 2 AF days in a row each time in between.
    Friday January 17 - AF
    Saturday January 18 - AF - It was touch and go there for a couple of hours, I really felt like having a couple of drinks. I am sure that I will be happy about it in the morning that I managed to resist.
    Sunday January 19 - 3 drinks. Definitely will be AF tomorrow, Tuesdays are usually a very busy day for me.
    Monday January 20 - AF
    Tuesday January 21 - AF - Very busy day tomorrow working out of town. No booze today!
    Wednesday January 22 - 3 drinks. Helluva long day. I realize that I reward myself with drinks for working ridiculously long, or the opposite, having a good relaxing day. Thinking about that.
    Thursday January 23 - AF. Dinner and the Ballet tomorrow night where we usually have wine. We'll see, really trying to get back to 2 AF days in a row between drinks days.
    Friday January 24 - AF - The Ballet was great, "Anne of Green Gables", a Canadian Classic Story set in PEI re-imagined as a Ballet. Usually my girlfriends and I have drinks with dinner and wine at the Ballet, but nobody did since everyone was driving, so it was very easy to be AF tonight.
    Saturday January 25 - 3 drinks
    Sunday January 26 - AF - I am battling a flu/cold, so a glass of red wine or a Brandy would have been nice, but shouldn't do 2 days in a row with drinks.
    Monday January 27 - AF - Made the lower point of my monthly goal, tomorrow is Tuesday, we'll see how that goes. Can't believe that there is only 4 days left of the month, that seemed to go so fast, but I guess that I was just very busy with work and it flew by.
    Tuesday January 28 - 3 drinks. I enjoyed them, and it temporarily made my cold/flu feel better.
    Wednesday January 29 - AF
    Thursday January 30th - 3 drinks. Broke my 2AF in a row goal, but I forced myself to go out to work in the field today even though I was feeling crappy, and didn't think twice about pouring a drink when I got home (and getting straight into my cozy jammies before I even had a sip). Not regretting it. Might still squeak 18AF days out for this month, which would be great!
    Friday January 31 - AF

Running tally: 18AF days out of 31 days so far.
  • dawnbgethealthy
    Options
    MissMay wrote: »
    @dawnbgethealthy 17 is still a fantastic number. Get better so you can go skating!

Thank @MissMay : - )
    I got 18AF days in : - )
    Sadly, my knees went out in November after a lifelong of ice skating, and I pretty much don't skate anymore. I have tried a little bit, but it bothers my knees. We wear stuff out sometimes I guess. All good though.