The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• emigray36
    emigray36 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi everyone. I'm a 45 yo female who has been obese to super obese all my life. I have been diabetic for 8 years, and my most recent A1C was close to 12. I am tired of being unable to do the things I want to do and I want to improve my bg levels so that I can extend my life expectancy and feel better. I am a supportive friend, and would love to connect with any of you, please add me if you like
  • AliNouveau
    AliNouveau Posts: 36,287 Member
    Did you know if you whip up the liquid from a can of chickpeas this happens??? Happy weekend everyone I'm having fun in the kitchen apparently. Next time I'm going to bake them like you would meringues. This is so cool 5fzoifq93ijq.jpg
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,114 Member
    That's super cool Ali. Super cool-whip. Cool beans!
  • AliNouveau
    mtaratoot wrote: »

Apparently you can freeze it a la cool whip
    It was really cool. I've read the science behind it. How the heck would something think hey let's try whipping up chickpea juice
  • Tayo2020
    Tayo2020 Posts: 3 Member
    I am about a week in and looking for friends. I feel like I need support to do this since trying on my own has never worked. Please feel free to add me since I can’t figure out how to add others lol. Have an awesome day

• mtaratoot
    AliNouveau wrote: »

It was really cool. I've read the science behind it. How the heck would something think hey let's try whipping up chickpea juice

Someone ate the first oyster. And someone ate the first durian. I bet that bean-whip has a lot of salt, though.
  • AliNouveau

Someone ate the first oyster. And someone ate the first durian. I bet that bean-whip has a lot of salt, though.

If you use sodium free beans then there's none!
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member
    edited February 2020

How does it taste?
    Im hesitant to even try it, cool as it sounds
  • mtaratoot

I will have to keep my eyes open for those. I should check my labels - I may already be buying them. But I doubt it. Will this work with other beans, or just cici beans? I've been enjoying a tri-bean blend lately. Black, pinto, and red all in one can. Mmmmm....
  • fastb20vtec
    fastb20vtec Posts: 45 Member
    35 here
  • AliNouveau

I will have to keep my eyes open for those. I should check my labels - I may already be buying them. But I doubt it. Will this work with other beans, or just cici beans? I've been enjoying a tri-bean blend lately. Black, pinto, and red all in one can. Mmmmm....

Apparently it should work with all beans but I guess if you used black beans it would be black
  • AliNouveau

How does it taste?

It was very light like foamy. I added sugar but basically they're tasteless

You can use it at a substitute for meringue so I'll try baking with it next. I know a girl who is vegan she can be the guinea pig
  • noelkro80
    noelkro80 Posts: 248 Member
    39 years old (I’ll turn 40 in July) I started today & I want to lose 9 stones.
  • sdenness9925
    sdenness9925 Posts: 254 Member
    Hi all 45 from the uk and can be added if anybody wants too
  • alteredsteve175
    alteredsteve175 Posts: 2,716 Member
    Tayo2020 wrote: »
    I am about a week in and looking for friends. I feel like I need support to do this since trying on my own has never worked. Please feel free to add me since I can’t figure out how to add others lol. Have an awesome day

To add friends on MFP on the desktop app:

1) Click on the username in the left sidebar. A window showing the username will open.
    2) Click on the username again. The user's profile will open.
    3) Click on the "Add Friend" button on the user's profile page. There is an option to send a message along with the request. That's always a good idea - just a short note mentioning where you saw the user, some common interests or goals, etc.

• ScorpioGirl70
    ScorpioGirl70 Posts: 196 Member
    The struggle continues. I have had weight issues my entire life. Would love to find someone else or a couple of somoene's who is looking for a new lifestyle not just to diet and loose a few pounds. Working on adding exercise to my routine, getting down to at minimum 150 lbs and just win at this thing we call life. I would love a friend who would like to talk outside this app where we can truly reach out to each if needed through FB messenger or another texting app, since those are just easier to use, for me.
  • ShaeDetermined
    ShaeDetermined Posts: 1,525 Member

How does it taste?

It was very light like foamy. I added sugar but basically they're tasteless

You can use it at a substitute for meringue so I'll try baking with it next. I know a girl who is vegan she can be the guinea pig

Excellent. I'll wait for reports from your guinea pig 😉
  • JewRob63
    JewRob63 Posts: 47 Member
    I'm 55 trying to loose belly fat and build strength.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    edited February 2020
    I have been attempting to not eat foods with processed sugar in them. I think I've been broadly successful at this.

I failed on Friday, I think my first slip in a year.

I was at a Michelin mentioned restaurant, having the six course taster menu. It seemed rude not to partake. The offending dish was a bannoffee, nutmeg and caramelised pecan thing. It was delicious.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    edited February 2020

Oops, double post.