What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Is it just me or does the ever popular statement on MVP "You do you" sound both sarcastic and rude? This is the 1st forum I've ever been on where I've seen it used so often and it always sounds rude to me. :neutral:

To me it means that you & I do things differently and that’s fine.

You assume it means more like "agree to disagree"? Hmm, interesting. I guess the inflection would matter, which you can't really discern through text.
    True. I no longer use it in writing for that reason

Eta: i also use it in person to encourage people to be their authentic selves and kitten convention
  • mi_nina_lola
    mi_nina_lola Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    In 2014 my wonderful, VERY patient, and amazing day shift desk partner was diagnosed with Leukemia, fought it, and won.
    It came back as Lymphoma, and it came back with a vengeance.
    He was at Stanford university cancer center being treated and he did not respond to the treatment.
    He had sepsis, and lost most function of his nerves in his head. On Saturday he decided to forego treatment and go home. I don't know if he made it home, because I just found out he passed away yesterday.

I'm a mess.. I still remember the look he gave me after one particular day I asked him for help on a case I left on his side of the desk. It was ugly, and his expression when I came in the next day was the look of, I" have a bone to pick with you". No matter what he was always available for questions. He was always so patient.

On his side of the desk there's little things like world's best dad, and a white ribbon that says cancer survivor. I can't face that today.

i'm so sorry for your loss.... <3
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    Calivalleygirl, I'm so sorry. :( May you eventually find peace and comfort through your memories of him. {{HUGS}}
  • _Miss_chievous_
    _Miss_chievous_ Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    50% off chocolate Feb 15th
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Lately I’ve spent the majority of my thinking time reminiscing about my life when it seemed perfect.
    Giving birth, buying our first house,
    all the fun things we did as a family while our son grew up.
    The good old days.
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Options
    Been sleeping my days away since last Thursday, when I woke up this afternoon I thought it was morning again. I'm lost 🙃
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options

You mean 50% off Valentine's candy period. I'm after dem Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids. :lol:
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    In 2014 my wonderful, VERY patient, and amazing day shift desk partner was diagnosed with Leukemia, fought it, and won.
    It came back as Lymphoma, and it came back with a vengeance.
    He was at Stanford university cancer center being treated and he did not respond to the treatment.
    He had sepsis, and lost most function of his nerves in his head. On Saturday he decided to forego treatment and go home. I don't know if he made it home, because I just found out he passed away yesterday.

I'm a mess.. I still remember the look he gave me after one particular day I asked him for help on a case I left on his side of the desk. It was ugly, and his expression when I came in the next day was the look of, I" have a bone to pick with you". No matter what he was always available for questions. He was always so patient.

On his side of the desk there's little things like world's best dad, and a white ribbon that says cancer survivor. I can't face that today.

My condolences for your loss.
  • 777Gemma888
    777Gemma888 Posts: 9,578 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    iMago wrote: »
    they officially named cheeto dust as "Cheetle" and tbh im glad i finally know that word now otherwise i wouldn't be able to make it through this day

So is it "cheetle" fingers then? Cause "cheelte" is the residue and not the actual thing?

...and this has me wondering if there should be an official name for doritos dust/staining too

I'm not sure how Don feels about this.......

source.gif

My thoughts exactly. Lol
  • ghudson92
    ghudson92 Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    I'm falling apart.
    The stresses of being in charge of employees where I'm not familiar with the work, and learning it with them.
    The stresses of not being able to see their screen when they call me over for help.
    Work crush drama..
    Ex work crush drama..
    Coworker passing away.
    I can't take much more.

I'm taking a bouquet of flowers to leave on his side of the desk tomorrow. I'm also going to leave him a candy in his paper clip jar. I used to leave him Hershey's kisses. Give him one for the road.

I'm so sorry you are in pain
  • _Miss_chievous_
    Options

You mean 50% off Valentine's candy period. I'm after dem Swedish Fish and Sour Patch Kids. :lol:

Yes, all the candy, sour patch kids 🤤