WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR FEBRUARY 2020

Replies

• kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Thank you ladies for sharing. It is interesting to me to hear other's ideas and viewpoints.

HeatherUK- The best thing that came out of my first marriage are my 2 daughters. We married straight out of high school. We remain on good terms and always have. Our divorce was quick and amicable. Life together was just not to be. I entered this marriage with more knowledge and less fairy tale expectations ;)

Grands have been picked up. We played monopoly, pool, and battleship. What was nice is there was little tv or electronic times.

Need to do tax stuffs now. Sister in law wants to take to accountant tomorrow.

Welcome Shana! You are married to a smart man! Trust me, attitude goes a long way to wearing a bikini. Own it! I learned that when I went to the Dominican with my husband. Come back often. Keep us in your pocket. This is a wonderful group of women.

Allie- when my life feels out of order, sometimes organizing home helps everything fall a little closer to inline.

SuziQ- soup looks yummy!

Tracey- beautiful views!

Rebecca- great loss!

Off to do something productive-hehe

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where it is snowing again

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Shana67: Welcome to a great group. Stop by often. :star:

Rebecca: Congrats on your wonderful progress with the diet, food, and men-folk in your home. :smiley:

I’m dressed warmly but am cold anyway. Inside the house the temperature is 73F, but I feel cold. Evidently my body has its own opinion.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    6rqj18hgckdb.jpeg
    My Dead Mother’s 80 yr old racist towards me being mixed race since birth Sister sent me this picture told me I should buy it as a vacation home near where she seems to think Daughter is stationed (Daughter went to another state for a week only of classes). She thinks it suits me. Hubby was as mad as me about it. I have stopped contact with this Aunt but get an insult emailed every blue moon. You think she’d give up already! My Dad cut contact with them after she said stuff to him regarding JR being more mixed also after his birth. Was enough for my Dad to stop contact forever with her. Glad to find out he stuck up for me in secret...Another Aunt my favorite one on that side of the family (the other black sheep) blabbed lol.

wce9r94riizb.jpeg
    nqqiqrah5otz.jpeg
    j96wrne4c1ln.png
    What a day had to install a baby gate in the water heater cabinet.JR wants in there so badly all of a sudden I got to keep him out! He tore the latch lock off so gate !

Amber Tx
    Keto recipe from a cousin
    z033hayp4rq2.png
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Ugghhhh. Tax time in our house :s and DH is only assembling the paperwork! We have a tax accountant-I don’t want to imagine what it would be like if he/we were doing it ourselves.

Have a lovely pork shoulder-roasting all day. Along with that we will have pickled red onions and baked sweet potatoes for dinner. This will give us plenty of leftovers for the week.

5 days of work and then winter recess for a week Looking forward you the mental break from teaching.

NYKAREN
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Went to WalMart and got quite a few things. Then went to Wynn Dixie to get tea for me (WM had a VERY limited choice), then Publix to get some veges to take to the Daytona next weekend (I remembered that last year they had a lot of small packages, not that many this year and the packages are bigger so I just got some sugar snap peas and edamame. I’ll get carrots and tomatoes at Aldi tomorrow and I got celery today. That should be enough.) then CVS to get Cheerios for Vince with my raincheck and coupon. Then just laid by the pool for a bit but it started to get cool.

Tina ca – I’m the emotional person in our relationship, Vince is the super logical one. There have been a lot of times when I needed him to bring me back to earth and not let my emotions get away from me. I don’t think he acknowledges the fact that I am the person who (for instance) will say that we should do certain things to be nice, to be helpful, etc.

I’m so glad that I made that mug to bring here. So far I’ve used it almost every day. Wish the insulated cups that MIL had were larger

Tina – I wouldn’t be hurt if someone brought something they’d eat. We’re not vegetarian and I don’t think I would want to cook vegetarian, so I wouldn’t get hurt or upset if that person brought their own veggie burgers (or whatever). Same thing if someone was on a special diet. I wouldn’t expect them to “suck it up and eat what I made” knowing that it would make them sick. I’m usually open to at least trying something someone made. Not a guarantee that I’ll like it, but I will try it at least and then probably eat some. But if it would make someone sick, I wouldn’t be hurt if they brought something that wouldn’t make them sick. I wouldn’t want them to get sick on account of me. What wonderful memories you have.

The other day I sent Vince a cartoon where the husband and wife are coming out of a food store and there are GS there selling cookies. The husband turns to the wife and says “should I get another cart?” That’s Vince when he sees GS cookies. On the way out of WM today he bought $35 worth of cookies.

Rebecca – drinking all that water, be sure you don’t float away….lol

Welcome everyone new. Be sure to bookmark this site

The woman across the hall at the condo came today. I know when I first got here I spent the next day cooking and stuff, so I thought she would want that. But I guess not. Well, everyone is different.

Michele who refuses to go home with ghost legs
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Michele: My granddaughter is in Girl Scouts in Illinois. Sending a big Thank You to Vince for supporting the organization. :heart: (You don’t have to eat the cookies if you’d prefer to give them away.)

I’ve been knitting new dish rags. I finished two yesterday and have started another today. Knitting keeps me too busy to go off and find unnecessary calories to munch on. My energy level is not as high as I would like it to be today. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Interesting perspectives. :)

I suppose another reason why my husband is my best friend is because I don't have any really close female friends. Most of my life, I've been "one of the boys" ... always had male friends. I still find it easier to talk to and relate to men than women.

That's probably why I've ended up in fields that still tend to be more heavily populated by men than women. When I took my Engineering Tech course, I think about 10% of us were female. In my Business Admin course, more were female until we got right into the Accounting side of things. In Software Development, maybe about 30% were female. I am pleased to see that in the Masters in IT course I'm in now there are more females ... but there are still more males than females.

And I've worked happily and comfortably in Engineering Departments that have been almost entirely male ... where I am now, it's a fairly even split but in the last few months, three of us have become a kind of sub-team: 1 lady (me) and 2 guys. That works for me!

I have had a few close female friends along the way, but for whatever reason, those friendships have never lasted that long, at least not at that level. I'm still friends with many of them, but more like "share memes on FB" friends.

We're all different!! :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) I have learned that what's fun for me may not be fun for someone else, and vice versa. I read about so many things that you all do and am so grateful that I don't have to do those things and I'm sure that many of you read about my days filled with walking dogs, dance classes, and riding my exercise bike while watching figure skating on TV and are grateful that your life is not like mine.

<3 Barbie from beautiful NW WA

Many times ... I feel the same way. :)

M in Oz
  • Machka9
    So, I'm about to spend the afternoon doing something I bet a lot of you won't be doing ... I'm continuing to work on my exam paper.

The course is Knowledge Management and for the exam, we need to develop and justify a Knowledge Management Strategy. :)

Later, I'll do a workout of some sort. It looks like it is going to rain so it might be an indoor workout.

Machka in Oz
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Float away... There are times when its uuugh! All this water is too much, but its helping me so I gotta do it. My face complexion is clearer, and my nightly heartburn is nill.

💖Rebecca
    On OMAD and drinking 1/2 my body weight in
    Whidbey island💖
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Machka- Hope your paper writing goes well. I finished my evening by completing income tax prep work for accountant. It is ready to turn in tomorrow. :)

Pip- sounds like a plan! I need the bacon left out though please.

We had snowvtoday. We are having rain tonight. Our high temp is 46 F at 4 am then they start falling again. Roller coaster of a winter.

Feeling relaxed tonight. Good food. Kitchen cleaned (again). Enjoyed time with grands. Tax prep done. Still had time to chat with y'all. Not a lot of steps, but did what left me feeling accomplished .

Sleepy in ohio,
    Kylia
  • JRsLateInLifeMom
    JRsLateInLifeMom Posts: 2,275 Member
    Got a shower Hubby watched JR occupied him.

Ready for bed. JRs still eating a lot told him no more food it’s nap time soon. So JR ran in got on the scale beep* then announced “I need to eat something!”

Good try kid good try but Mama done cooking kitchens closed!

Amber Tx
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    <3
  • Machka9
    Not particularly looking forward to this coming week.

I've been enjoying the long weekend even though most of what I've been doing is writing my exam.

Tomorrow, all the busyness starts again ... one thing after the other all week long.

Oh well ... one thing at a time.

Machka in Oz