February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    Does listening to zombies run mean listening to heavy metal?
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    @bearly63 I'm not flexible either. Growing up, though, I was the most flexible person ever. I could do a bridge and stick my head between my legs and it wouldn't even phase me or I could do a split and lay my upper body flat on the floor at the same time. Those days are long, long gone. I'm just happy to be able to touch my toes now.
    When I was running, there were people walking like right off the get go. What I'm saying is that you could run/walk or just work your way up to a good, solid run. I have no idea if you've ever done it before, but the whole experience was really fun. It really was...but if you're going to do it, you may want to register now, but no later than tomorrow. I don't know how much price will increase, but I like saving money when and where I can.

It's nice to have the same or a similar goal with your spouse. When my husband told me on Monday that he was going to run it, I seriously thought he was kidding. He can be a jokester. But no joke, his bib will read 'Fat Boy.' He's buying running shoes tonight. It's awesome to see him get excited about something healthy. His brother is trying to run a marathon in every state and his dad has done that many times over. I told him if he ever wanted to do it, I'd support him. He said, "no thanks, my dad's had two knee surgeries and he'll probably need a new hip. I'm good." Haha, and yes it's running wear and tear but even if it slows his dad down, it won't stop him. Crazy crazy.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »

Nope, it is an app that some people use while running:

https://zombiesrungame.com

I have never used it, but some people really enjoy it. Turns running into a game of sorts.
  • LoveyChar
    Options

Nope, it is an app that some people use while running:

https://zombiesrungame.com

I have never used it, but some people really enjoy it. Turns running into a game of sorts.

I'd go crazy. But interesting...
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    My husband is amusing me, very happy for him to be so excited about something positive. But two weeks ago the last thing on his mind would be to run anywhere, not even to walk to the mailbox. He goes to my Marathon and now he's signed up for next year and has a year long training plan. He bought shoes and he's getting a Garmin. He just texted me to see if he could register for the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon. He's on full speed turbo excitement. I'm laughing, wouldn't say no to any of it but he goes from nothing to full blast on.

Ha!

@LoveyChar I love this. You're an inspiration. ;)
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @Contrary_MaryMary - Thank you! I was hoping it was something easy like that. I am into unknown territory now so a little nerve racking for me.