Less Alcohol - FEBRUARY 2020 - One Day at a Time

Replies

• helen_goldthorpe
    helen_goldthorpe Posts: 340 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Hi lovely people here...I ran my Marathon on Sunday! My time was 6:07:56. Not a fantastic pace but super proud of the finish! I'm going to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine tonight, the first alcohol I've had in over a month. I'll probably start crying. All of this has been really emotional for me. I didn't drink on race day. My stomach was so torn up after finishing that my goal at that point was just finding the nearest restroom. I hope everyone is doing well. I've been checking in on y'all every day just to see...sounds like everyone is pushing on to goodness... have a wonderful evening everyone...

Well done! You have earned that wine!
  • KrazedBemused
    KrazedBemused Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2020
    Hi lovely people here...I ran my Marathon on Sunday! My time was 6:07:56. Not a fantastic pace but super proud of the finish! I'm going to enjoy a couple of glasses of wine tonight, the first alcohol I've had in over a month. I'll probably start crying. All of this has been really emotional for me. I didn't drink on race day. My stomach was so torn up after finishing that my goal at that point was just finding the nearest restroom. I hope everyone is doing well. I've been checking in on y'all every day just to see...sounds like everyone is pushing on to goodness... have a wonderful evening everyone...

Hear hear! Well done Char! Awesome effort on the marathon! You definitely deserved a wine or three. Enjoy!
    14 day AF for me!

• globalhiker
    globalhiker Posts: 1,511 Member

Congratulations and happy for you! That is a very good time considering hills! I'll bet not drinking helped your performance tons too....!
  • Old habit: 1-4 drinks/evening.
    Goal: Ease into only drinking on Friday & Saturday! Consistently be AF 5 days a week.
    January outcome- 15 AF / 27 days.

FEB 1- AF 😊
    FEB 2- AF 😁
    FEB 3- AF :D
    FEB 4- AF :D
    FEB 5- AF :D
    FEB 6- AF :D
    FEB 7- 1 Drink (Friday)
    FEB 8- 2 Drinks (Saturday)
    FEB 9- AF :D
    FEB 10- AF :smiley:
    FEB 11- AF :D
    FEB 12- AF :D
    FEB 13- AF 😁
    FEB 14- 2 Drinks (Friday)
    FEB 15- 1.5 Drinks (Saturday)
    FEB 16- 1 Drink
    FEB 17- 1 Drink
    FEB 18- AF :D

Daily note: Whoop!

12 AF / 18 Days
  • Lilylady3k
    Lilylady3k Posts: 3,814 Member
    Feb accountability ~ 19
    No Alcohol: 10 days
    Alcohol: 9 days (28 drinks)
    Goal: AF days 3 per week / 12 per month

You’ll never change your life until you change something you do daily. The secret of your success is found in your daily routine. - John C. Maxwell
    Including January in my weekly view.
    Jan 27 - AF
    Jan 28 - AF
    Jan 29 - 1 Torchy’s Tini
    Jan 30 - AF
    Jan 31 - AF
    Feb 1 - 2 beers @ fishing camp
    Feb 2 - 1 beer, 2 Ice @ fishing camp
    4 AF days out of 7 this week!

Feb 3 - AF
    Feb 4 - 4 glasses of wine (split 2 bottles wine)
    Feb 5 - AF
    Feb 6 - AF @ Bunco 2nd time this year!
    Feb 7 - 4 glasses of wine (split 2 bottles of wine)
    Feb 8 - AF
    Feb 9 - 2 glasses of wine
    4 AF days this week!

Challenging couple of weeks ahead
    Feb 10 - AF
    Feb 11 - AF
    Feb 12 - 1 glass wine
    Feb 13 - 3 glasses wine
    This weekend will be even more challenging at the fishing camp. My sister is bringing cosmos, my son & his wife are bringing drinks, my aunt & uncle are always heavily supplied from bloody marys in the morning to stiffer drinks in the afternoon & evening, and then the perpetual big 5pm cocktail hour looking out over the water.
    Feb 14 - AF @ fishing camp. When we arrived late that evening everyone had a drink in hand. I stuck with water and lo and behold I was the only one that spilled my drink!
    Feb 15 - 1 bloody mary, 1 cosmos, 2 wine, 2 prosecco @ fishing camp Celebrating my Mom’s 84 birthday with her 2 sisters (1 visiting from Florida) that also have February birthdays. Dinner party for 14.
    Feb 16 - 3 wine @ fishing camp
    3 AF days this week but not sure it makes up for all the drinks!
    Feb 17 - AF Book Club
    Feb 18 - AF
    Feb 19 - AF Book Club
    Feb 20 - Alumnae Meeting at my home. 7 bottles of wine were passed to me via the Wine Kitty OH NO
    Feb 21 -
    Feb 22 -
    Feb 23 -
  • CliveSmith2015
    CliveSmith2015 Posts: 19 Member
    15 outta 20 AF, let it slip last week, back into it now :)
  • MissMay
    MissMay Posts: 3,532 Member
    Big big congrats to you @LoveyChar. That is a real accomplishment, you should be very proud of yourself.
  • anglilacs
    anglilacs Posts: 165 Member
    3/4 days AF since starting again.

Really want something tonight but resisting with some tea and an ice cream bar.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,582 Member

Oh my goodness, congratulations on finishing the marathon!!!!!! Sorry your stomach was a mess. I can only imagine!