What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• GregInORL
    GregInORL Posts: 232 Member
    No one said (more like warned!) me that people would want to “feel” you. I’m not a touchy feely person, and this is making me extremely uncomfortable. And it’s coming from both sexes. It’s not sexual, it seems to be curiosity, it comes when I’m least expecting it so I can’t dodge, and it freaking creeps me out.

I feel like one of those Stretch Armstrong toys.

This happens way too often
  • sugarlemonpie
    sugarlemonpie Posts: 311 Member
    Since I’ve lost 20 pounds, my alcohol tolerance has changed dramatically. The other night I had two light beers and two whiskies and the next day I had the hangover I would have had from ten drinks before I lost the weight. Beyond just my body being smaller, I think part of it is that I stopped drinking at home since I’ve been dieting...and honestly, I don’t miss it at all!

Yes to the low alcohol tolerance! At least it saves money, but I really have to be vigilant with eating some food and drinking water if I have even just one drink! The hangovers are miserable.
  • harzicn
    harzicn Posts: 35 Member
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    What no one tells you in advance: there's a lot of farting involved with eating whole foods

I went vegan and mainly plant based about 2 months ago, and lemme tell ya... if I don't develop a tolerance to these legumes soon, I'm afraid I may have to rent my butt out to the horns section of the Philharmonic.

Glad to see there's another vegan here. I've been vegan a while now and it has really helped with my overall wellbeing and weight maintenance. However the body does indeed go through a period of intestinal adjustment. Don't worry it does settle down after a while.
  • bidingmytime
    bidingmytime Posts: 129 Member
    edited February 2020
    harzicn wrote: »
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    What no one tells you in advance: there's a lot of farting involved with eating whole foods

I went vegan and mainly plant based about 2 months ago, and lemme tell ya... if I don't develop a tolerance to these legumes soon, I'm afraid I may have to rent my butt out to the horns section of the Philharmonic.

Glad to see there's another vegan here. I've been vegan a while now and it has really helped with my overall wellbeing and weight maintenance. However the body does indeed go through a period of intestinal adjustment. Don't worry it does settle down after a while.

Hello, and nice to meet you! Yes, the gas orchestra has been playing a little more on the "ritenuto" side now, so it's all good! Thanks!

One thing I will state for certain: when done right, vegan and/or plant-based eating can work wonders for many people! I find it to be great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!