• Gymladmatt
    Gymladmatt Posts: 391 Member
    t1bb29tyfemc.jpeg
    Nearly one week in and still got dad bod 😂
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,216 Member
    Nearly one week in and still got dad bod 😂

Keep going. :)

btw - why black out/scratch your face off when you are using your face for your profile pic?

• Gymladmatt
    how do I reply to comments on here?
  • noelkro80
    noelkro80 Posts: 248 Member

Click on the “Quote” and then scroll down to the bottom (if using the app) then type your message
  • Gymladmatt
    noelkro80 wrote: »

Click on the “Quote” and then scroll down to the bottom (if using the app) then type your message

Thanks 👍
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Full body workout 2 times per week

Is there an actual progression scheme to that? There's a huge number of plans that could represent from doing an undulating block program with microplate loading with wave loading patterns, to just going to the gym, hitting something on your upper body and something on your lower, and calling it a day twice a week.
  • Gymladmatt

Is there an actual progression scheme to that? There's a huge number of plans that could represent from doing an undulating block program with microplate loading with wave loading patterns, to just going to the gym, hitting something on your upper body and something on your lower, and calling it a day twice a week.

Yes always looking to progress each workout with extra reps or heavier weight.
    Each workout has a chest, shoulders, back and leg movement using compond lifts.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I'm a fan of P90X and Body Beast, but I think there are lots of lifting plans available for beginners.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member

Sounds like it might be some variant of Starting Strength.
  • Gymladmatt

Sounds like it might be some variant of Starting Strength.

Yes very similar. Just basic compond lifts to help get my strength up
  • Gymladmatt
    Theoldguy1 wrote: »
    I’ve decided to go into a slight calorie surplus probably about 150- 200 extra per day as feel need to build some muscle on my frame as I’m 6 foot tall and currently weigh 185 pounds and feel skinny in clothes. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome

If the picture above is recent your bodyfat is most likely too high to effectively bulk. Most sources will tell a male not to bulk if over 15% BF. Based on the picture you are probably closer to the 25% range.

I would suggest getting on a decent lifting program and eat at maintenance or a titch below. The stored fat will provide fuel to build muscle.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice. Yes have been eating at maintenance but all I see when doing research is that a surplus is needed to build muscle.

• Gymladmatt
    I’ve decided to go into a slight calorie surplus probably about 150- 200 extra per day as feel need to build some muscle on my frame as I’m 6 foot tall and currently weigh 185 pounds and feel skinny in clothes. Any advice or suggestions would be welcome

If the picture above is recent your bodyfat is most likely too high to effectively bulk. Most sources will tell a male not to bulk if over 15% BF. Based on the picture you are probably closer to the 25% range.

I would suggest getting on a decent lifting program and eat at maintenance or a titch below. The stored fat will provide fuel to build muscle.

Good luck.
    Thanks for the advice. Yes have been eating at maintenance but all I see when doing research is that a surplus is needed to build muscle.

A caloric surplus is required to build muscle, but at your BF level your body has enough surplus i.e., stored energy (fat) it can metabolize to build muscle. When one gets down to the single digits (or close) BF% there is not enough fat that can be metabolized above the essential level fat levels required for health to build muscle. Hence the need to bulk at lower BF levels but not where you currently are.

I would suggest looking at some of the recomp posts on these forums or Google.

Will continue to eat at maintenance calories and keep trying to get stronger every week 👍
  • Gymladmatt
    So I’m posting my current lifts and the weights I’m lifting. I know I’m not strong but I’m trying!
    Squat 70kg 3 sets of 6 reps
    Bench 70kg 3 sets of 6 reps
    Deadlift 90kg 3 sets of 5 reps
    Row 60kg 3 sets of 8 reps
    Ohp 35kg 3 sets of 7 reps
    These are my main lifts I’m trying to get stronger at
  • Gymladmatt
    Back on night shifts tonight. Got all my food prepped as it can get too easy to use the vending machines which are full of junk food
  • Theoldguy1
    Theoldguy1 Posts: 2,427 Member
    Good luck. Can you leave wallet, coins in the car so you can't easily hit up the vending machines?
  • Gymladmatt
    Good luck. Can you leave wallet, coins in the car so you can't easily hit up the vending machines?
    I try not to bring any money so can’t get anything even if I want it!
  • watts6151
    watts6151 Posts: 887 Member
    I try not to bring any money so can’t get anything even if I want it!

If you get desperate just give the machine a good ragging, obviously make sure nobody
    Witnesses it 😉