February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    bearly63 wrote: »
    bearly63 wrote: »
    @shanaber
    @enaliba
    Thanks for the input. I’ll check Fleet Feet. I went to a running store that was well known here years ago and got the completely wrong shoes. I do have custom orthotics so want to make sure I find the right ones not the ones they’re pushing. Run lab might be good to work on my form and get their opinion....trying to solve the hip flexor mystery.

Sorry....thank you @hamsterwheel6 .....for the Fleet Feet rec. We do have one here. And a few newish running stores that got good recs.

Good idea - they will also scan your foot, and bonus they give you 90 days to try the shoes! At least ours does.
  • hamsterwheel6
    hamsterwheel6 Posts: 544 Member
    I have always heard about chocolate milk as the best for recovery. I will need to try just the syrup now though because when I buy actual chocolate milk, no one really drinks it but me after long runs and then it expires. So good idea.

Yeah, I get a container of Hersey Special Dark and use it as needed. :)

I forget the numbers, but the reason it works is because it just happens to hit the correct macros of Fat/Sugar/Protein for recovery. IME it really does work. After a long run I will drink 12-16 oz of it before I shower, and by the time I am out of the shower I am feeling much better.

Plus I find it yummy so there is that :)

"runs to store to get Hershey Special Dark"
    I am a CHOCOHOLIC. It's my downfall really. I save calories every night so I can have some. So yeah. Yummy.
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @rheddmobile wow that looks like a LOT of mud haha!

Up early to take the kids to school and go for a long run
    Aiming for 12k, but really just happy to get out and see what I do. Looks like it may rain? No wind though so that's good!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    @LoveyChar it's April 25!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    @rheddmobile Thank you!

@Camaramandy648 I'm excited for you!!! Less than 2 months...
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Signed up for another Marathon today, what is wrong with me!?!

You've got the marathon bug! :D
  • 7lenny7
    7lenny7 Posts: 3,468 Member
    Welcome back, @7lenny7 !

I have found myself making training decisions based on priority as well, because I have to. I choose my kids first. Every. Single. Time.

Thanks, @Camaramandy648 !
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Husband's dad runs the Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon every year and this year is the 40th anniversary. He wants to run it with his dad this year (October) but he wants to take the baby. I can't leave because my 13 year-old can't miss school. I told him no. Baby, biggest momma's boy ever on a plane without me. No. Several states away. No. Then I realized/remembered that he didn't object profusely when I took little guy several states away on a plane for 2 1/2 weeks last summer. I'm torn, conflicted. What would you do? Am I being irrational or completely rational?