Daily Commitment Thread for 2020 -- JUST FOR TODAY

Options

Replies

• TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,067 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 It's a crazy world we live in. It doesn't bear thinking about. (((Hugs)))
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,198 Member
    Options
    ☘️ St Patrick’s Day Challenge ☘️
    Starts on Monday 17 February
    Ends on Sunday 16 March (28 days)
    Earn one ☘️ for every day in the green.

☘☘☘☘️Aubrette: (aubyshortcake)
    (Feb 17,18,19,24)
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️Terri: (TerriRichardson112)
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️Gwen: (beachwalker)
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,24,25,
    Hannah: (HEGoddard) (Feb
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️Carmela: (cschmitz110515)
    (Feb 17,18,19,21,25
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️Jennifer: (jeschepp)
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,25
    ☘☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️Lisa: (SERmom3)
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,
    Jen: (withgoodfirm)
    (Feb
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️Joan: (mytime6630)
    (Feb 17,18,19, 22,24,25,26
    ☘️Tracie: (Snowflake1968)
    (Feb 19,22,25
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️ZizzyBumble
    (Feb 17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,
    ☘️☘️☘️☘️☘️Nikki: (pridesabtch)
    (Feb 18,19,20,22,25,
    ☘️☘️☘️Bookmeister
    (Feb 17,20,24,

• Kuhl50
    Kuhl50 Posts: 416 Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    @mytime6630 my heart goes out to you. I hope the doctor has much better things to say than the internet. ❤️❤️
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    mytime6630 wrote: »
    ☘️☘️ ☘️ ☘️☘️ ☘️ ☘️ Shamrock Challenge (17, 18, 19, 22, 24, 25, 26)

So, JFT, Wed
    1. going to lunch with gym friends .. make wise choices :) Got a ceasar salad with no dressing, and just water. No beer!
    2. concentrate on water :)
    3. get daughters taxes done :) Ready to take in now
    4. mindful eating :)

Tonite has been such a sad day for me, but I have to stay strong and not let hubby know what I read. I have to stop doing my own research, and wait until we talk to the radiolgist tomorrow. But on the report, they called his prostate cancer "castration-resistant". This is why they are not doing surgery. So .. I googled it. It says this has a bleak outcome, the average survival is 13 months. So I am sick. I have not said anything to my husband. . he said he is going to ask the doctor tomorrow what that means .. I have not told him I researched it. But when I googled it, it sounds so scary. Like its going to keep spreading, and he will be in pain, because eventually it will spread to his bones. The radiation and therapies may slow it down some. After a good cry in the bathroom so he would not see me, I grabbed my yarn and crochet needles, and went and sat beside him while he listens to music.
    I do not know how to crochet! I mostly sew. But I thought what better time to learn... keeps my mind busy, I can sit near him, and not be on the internet scaring myself. I will wait until we talk to the doctor, and hope they give us lots of encouragement.

SO goals for tomorrow again are simple. It has been a hard month, and with the shooting last nite harder. So I am trying not to push myself, and just maintain.
    JFT, Thurs
    1. log all food
    2. concentrate on water
    3. keep thoughts positive. Do not let my mind wander and think of worse cases
    4. going to doctor with hubby.... pray for the best, and pray they can start treatment soon. THis is the worse .. the waiting.
    5. work on chemo hate
    6. work on crochets .. one step at a time

I'm really sorry to hear what you read what you did. I agree with Snowflake that you should wait to hear what the doctor says. There is a lot of misleading (and contradictory) information on the internet so better to listen to a trusted expert. Taking up crochet to keep yourself away from internet research sounds like an excellent idea!

Even if it does turn out to be true, 'average' is often a very unhelpful term. We are all different and respond to illnesses and treatments in different ways. Your hubby could well respond better, even MUCH better, than the 'average'.

Will be thinking of you and praying for you both. Xx
  • bookmeister86
    bookmeister86 Posts: 1,165 Member
    Options
    A good day yesterday and ended in the green - can I have a shamrock please @TerriRichardson112 ? (That was the 26th).

Today I will not be in the green as I am going out for Thai food for lunch, however I am running to work (despite the fact that it is cold and raining) and should be able to stay in maintenance. I'll have to get shamrocks on other days (not sure when as I'm going out/away a lot over the next few days, but hopefully I can manage the odd one!)

Yesterday's goals:

- Track all food and drink :smile:
    - Be in the green with a deficit :smile:
    - Not have unplanned snacks/ binge outside the home :smile:

- 45+ min lunch break :smile:
    - Go for a walk at lunch :smile:
    - (If time) read relationship article :/
    - Take regular ‘breathe/ reframe’ breaks at work to manage emotions :neutral:Didn't really have time
    - Positive affirmations :smile:

- Finish by 6pm :/6.30
    - Talk to boyfriend in French :smile:
    - French book :smile:
    - Make lunch for tomorrow :smile:
    - Finances :/Lacked time
    - Gratitude journal :smile:
    - Lights off by 11 :smile:

Today's goals:

- Track all food and drink
    - Be within maintenance
    - Not have unplanned snacks/ binge outside the home

- Take regular ‘breathe/ reframe’ breaks at work to manage emotions
    - Positive affirmations

- Finish by 6pm
    - Talk to boyfriend in French
    - French book
    - Laundry
    - Quality time (stop playing with phone!)
    - Gratitude journal
    - Lights off by 11
  • awhit4842
    awhit4842 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday
    1. Log all food 👍
    2. Gym👍
    3. Drink 150oz water 👍
    4. Meditation course👍

JFT Thursday
    1. Log all food
    2. Workout at home
    3. Drink 150oz water
    4. Final meditation course
  • SERmom3
    SERmom3 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB - so sorry to hear about your knee. I know you’re disappointed about not being able to fully participate in the work challenge, but I can’t help think that you were selected at this time for a reason! This knee issue would have come up regardless of if you were in the challenge or not, but coming now you have the opportunity to learn from a trainer and keep advancing your fitness despite the diagnosis! I wish you well!

@mytime6630 - continued prayers for healing 💕

WEDNESDAY:
    - Track every bite🟢
    - Stay green🔴
    - Go for a walk/or exercise video🔴
    - Dishes🟢
    - Substitute🟢
    - Singing for 2 masses🟢
    - Juggle the kids around 3 after school activities🟢

No shamrock for me yesterday. I came home at about 9:00 and was tired and hungry. I knew it would be a struggle to stay green yesterday. Basically ate at maintenance. Oh well. Back to it today!

JFT THURSDAY:
    - Track every bite
    - Stay green
    - Go for a walK
    - Dishes
    - Laundry
    - Work on taxes
    - Work on yearbook tasks
    - Start planning hubby’s 40th bday
  • aubyshortcake
    aubyshortcake Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Still no Shamrock for me yesterday, but I will get one today!!

@mytime6630 oh my goodness how scary, I'm very glad you weren't there when that happened. Definitely be careful of Dr. Google, I know that is much easier said than done, but I would wait to hear what the actual doctor has to say. Sending big hugs your way 💖💖

Yesterday 2/26:

1. Log all food😁
    2. Stay within calorie goal😔
    3. Finish work at 5:20😔

JFT 2/27:

1. Log all food
    2. Stay within calorie goal
    3. Finish work at 5:20
    4. Do workout
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    @mytime6630 - Sometimes I have no words for what goes on in the world. My heart goes out to you. You are in my thoughts and prayers today and every day.
  • beachwalker99
    beachwalker99 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Gearing up for our sleep challenge @jeschepp! Anyone else interested in joining?

Please give me another shamrock for the 27th, @TerriRichardson112 :)

Goals for Wednesday, February 26, 2020
    • Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit - √
    • Pilates - √
    • Make appt. with eye doctor – X
    • Plants (water/repot/start cuttings) – X
    • Prep for conferences - √
    • New tutoring student - √
    • Grading/email/LMS updates – mostly email
    • Online course HW (set up course shell) – X

JFT Goals for Thursday, February 27, 2020

• Complete food log and maintain a calorie deficit
    • Gym
    • Make appt. with eye doctor
    • Book boarding for dog
    • Plants (water/repot/start cuttings)
    • Start cleaning the fridge
    • Student conferences
    • Grading/email/LMS updates
    • Online course HW (set up course shell) – X
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,196 Member
    Options

WEDNESDAY:
    1. Weigh in :)
    2. 12,000 steps :neutral: 10,079
    3. 5 freggies :)
    4. 10C liquids :)
    5. walk on both breaks and during lunch :neutral: not on lunch, too sore
    6. swim :neutral: decided that I needed sleep more and went to bed early
    7. 6 hrs sleep 7h44m

THURSDAY:
    1. Weigh in
    2. 12,000 steps
    3. 5 freggies
    4. 10C liquids
    5. walk on both breaks and during lunch
    6. swim
    7. 6 hrs sleep
  • HEGoddard0928
    HEGoddard0928 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    @PackerFanInGB That's really sucky about your knee! I'm so sorry! Hopefully the treatments that you have planned with help with the pain.

@mytime6630 I'm so sorry about the shooting. That must have been a complete shock! I'm praying for you and your hubby as well as your whole community. You've definitely had a rough time of it. Something awesome will happen soon!

@pridesabtch Have an AWESOME time in Boston! My fingers are crossed for your oldest! I'm so sorry that your girls are having such a rough time. I remember when I was in high school. It definitely wasn't easy. You and your whole family are in my prayers, my dear!

@azulvioleta6 We have a student in the class that I work with that routinely has 25k steps a day. He has autism and one of his things is that he spins, for hours when he's home. So we think that's where he gets all of his steps. Lol. 3 of the paras have step trackers so we always compare steps with him. It's crazy! Lol.

@meraki6 I took 3 years of cooking classes in high school but by the time I needed to start cooking for myself 10 years later I had forgotten most of what I learned. So I kinda had to learn as I went. Thank God I have a gracious husband who eats just about everything I've ever made. Lol. I'm actually pretty good at it now. I haven't really branched out to just adding things to a pan and seeing what happens yet though. But maybe one day! But don't be too hard on yourself about it. You're just now learning.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,318 Member
    Options
    JFT Wednesday

- Not binge :smiley:
    - Log all food :( Definitely went over, but didn't binge
    - Work on laundry :smiley: My lord I have a lot of laundry...

@mytime6630 I can't imagine range of emotions you are feeling. Be kind to yourself and trust in God. My prayers are with you my friend.

A little snafu in the Boston plan. They moved Sierra's race to 3:00pm instead of 11:00am. Hopefully somebody will buy my Blue Man Group tickets or I'm out $400, which sucks, but isn't the end of the world. Another tricky thing for a 3:00pm race is nutrition and weigh-ins. Sierra is a fly weight which is <115lb, and her weight is right at 115. You want her fueled and hydrated, but not heavy... They weigh in 2 hours before they race so that is like 1:00 pm. I'm thinking breakfast around 10:00, weigh at 1:00, then eat a light lunch. Normally she rows light weight which is <135 and we've never had to worry about weigh ins... Today, I'll work on rearranging our schedule a bit.

I was over calories yesterday, but I didn't "binge" so it's better.

JFT Thursday
    - Log Food
    - Figure out how to connect remotely using our new software... ugh
    - Re-plan trip a bit
    - finish laundry