PHOTO ONLY SUCCESS STORIES!

Replies

• YoureAWalnut
    YoureAWalnut Posts: 57 Member
    edited February 2020
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    @YoureAWalnut - yeah so. I’m jealous. 😀. We’re body twins. Currently, I’m your before and want to look like your after. Did the scale weight change much for you between both pics? I have about 7lbs to go, but trying hard not to obsess over it. If I got to your “after” that would make it easier! Great job. Im on my second week of Strong Curves.

I lost about 20lbs between those pics (not exactly sure because I was on vacation both times). I want to lose another 15-20lbs to help with the thunder thigh situation I have going on but I think it will be much slower progress. I have been up and down the same 5 lbs since January but I'm blaming the indulgent vacation for that ;)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,255 Member
    @YoureAWalnut - “thunder thighs situation” looks fine to me! 😀 I’ll see what i look like once I reach my goal. Great abs - body goals!! Did you find that truly “abs are made in the kitchen” or was there some particular exercises you think contributed to your core strength/look?
  • bonitathompson1
    bonitathompson1 Posts: 31 Member
    @bonitathompson

Wow! Thank you for being so candid. Sounds like you had an amazing career, impressive!!! You definitely look to young to retire, though! Congratulations, on starting a new chapter, may it be one of adventure, good times and loving and living life!

Well that's refreshing to hear, you're getting healthy on your own terms. Definitely the way to go! As they say slow and steady wins the race.

I'm so impatient that I do allow myself to get stuck in a big rut, food wise and become a little obsessed. In my mind I have to lose at least 8-10 pounds a month, ya I know crazy! Did lose in 2017, however went through a extremely stressful period in 2018 and then continually gained back after months of emotional eating.

Back in the swing of things now though, finally. It's taken a long time to get here emotionally and trying to focus more maintaining a healthy lifestyle and not a diet. Really is hard to change one's mindset, old habits try to rear their ugly head.

Yeah that happened to me when I was like 18, my Aunt and I would go on burger runs. However, one of them became my last when it just wouldn't go down. My body just kept rejecting it, weird! Haven't eaten red meat since.

REALLY LIKE THIS...
    "for me this is mental..the ability to persist...the ability to stay motivated in my journey...for the rest of my life is mental. We can still have what we want..control how much of it we eat or abstain from a certain food for a period of time...and have a wonderful journey in the process."

May have to print it up, as a reminded. :wink: :smiley:

Thank you so much for your reply, many pearls of wisdom. So appreciated! Love the name "Brown Sugar," BTW :smiley:

I've been to Indiana for my sister's graduation and Atlanta for my niece's graduation, awhile ago now. Have to say the food was so good, in Atlanta but waaaayyyy to hot!!! Ha, ha!

Take care.

"WE THE NORTH"

Long post alert😂😂, I started my weight loss journey 6 months after I retired (1/31/2018). I say my start weight was 288...but that was actually on 6/1/18 so I’m sure I weighed more but was too scared to get on the scale when I retired😬. For six months after I retired we were a cross between snowbirds (driving back and forth between Indiana and Georgia as we packed, moved and unpacked).

I started my journey when I joined the gym. At that time I had never heard of MyFitnessPal. The gym wasn’t foreign to me because I’d spent 25+ years as a federal law enforcement officer and we were required to maintain a level of fitness...we had yearly physicals, bloodwork and annual fitness assessments (ages based). Because I am a large framed woman I could carry the weight (or so I thought😬). I was a defensive tactics and firearms instructor and loved everything about the adrenaline my career.

Then I retired. I was ready to retire both mentally, professionally and financially but...my body’s ability to function without the adrenaline became more and more apparent as the first six months passed.

For me I needed to start with working on my cardio vascular and muscular endurance. I knew if I didn’t choose to start with that piece of the puzzle FIRST...and simply cut my caloric intake...I would loose weight BUT I would also 1) loose the motivation to workout because the scale was showing me what I wanted to see..weight loss and 2) loose an opportunity to tone my body as I was loosing weight (which can create more flab). Many people cut the calories...loose weight...then start working out...then get discouraged when they see the scale going up (because music weighs more).

From 6/1/18 to 3/18/19 (9 months) I lost 17 pounds which is about 1/2 pound a week. My goal from the beginning was 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week. I was working out 1-2 times a week.

Here’s what was holding me back...my hubby and I...newly retired in the south...we were eating out 3-5 times a week. On 3/18/19 we decided to reduce that to 1-2 times a month. We started cooking everything at home, meal prepping and packing our lunch/snacks/water in a cooler and taking it with us.

From 3/18/19 to 10/30/19 (7 1/2 months) before I learned of MFP I lost 22.8 pounds. During this period of time I started working out 5 times a week...60 minutes on the elliptical machine five days a week, a 15 minute weight workout 3 times a week and riding my bike on Saturday or Sunday mornings between 10-15 miles. While the time frame was shorter...and the weight loss was almost 6 pounds more...it was the changes in the toning of my body that really blew my mind🤯.

When I changed my eating habits I decided to allow my body to tell me when I didn’t need to eat a particular food rather than cutting it out in the beginning. This is why I really don’t see my journey as a “diet” but a lifestyle. Our eating falls more in line with the Mediterranean style of eating but the few times we eat out I will have whatever I want...until my body says “stop right there girl friend!”😂😂. That’s what happened when I ate a FiveGuys burger. My stomach was like WHAT THE HELL GIRL! So I knew that was not a good thing for me to eat ever again.

When I joined MFP it was like the icing on the cake for me mentally🥰. Conversing with like minded people like yourself who are all on the same journey has provided me with an outlet which has strengthened the mental part of this journey for me. This has been an absolutely wonderful experience because I feel like my mental relationship with food has completely changed...for me this is mental..the ability to persist...the ability to stay motivated in my journey...for the rest of my life is mental. We can still have what we want..control how much of it we eat or abstain from a certain food for a period of time...and have a wonderful journey in the process.

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    LRLemon wrote: »
    zze29gsnb5q8.jpg
    Finally figured out that a very low-carb (<20g carbs) works for me. Began my new way of eating July 2018. Have arrived at a healthy lifestyle, and will soon arrive at a healthy weight.

Amazing!

• ac204
    ac204 Posts: 147 Member

LRLemon wrote: »
    zze29gsnb5q8.jpg
    Finally figured out that a very low-carb (<20g carbs) works for me. Began my new way of eating July 2018. Have arrived at a healthy lifestyle, and will soon arrive at a healthy weight.

Awesome!!!

• BrownSugar174
    BrownSugar174 Posts: 311 Member
    @springlering62 “My New Job Is Me!” I love it! That is an awesome motto!!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Jimb376mfp wrote: »
    ownw4bpc2vzo.jpeg

2013 I was 376# at age 65.
    Five years on WW to GW 184

Two years on Maintenance with two back surgeries. Today weighed 179 in my PJs!

Fantastic job!
  • vampirequeen1959
    vampirequeen1959 Posts: 196 Member
    wow
  • swiftyoung
    swiftyoung Posts: 298 Member
    @bonitathompson

Wow! Thank you for being so candid. Sounds like you had an amazing career, impressive!!! You definitely look to young to retire, though! Congratulations, on starting a new chapter, may it be one of adventure, good times and loving and living life!

Well that's refreshing to hear, you're getting healthy on your own terms. Definitely the way to go! As they say slow and steady wins the race.

I'm so impatient that I do allow myself to get stuck in a big rut, food wise and become a little obsessed. In my mind I have to lose at least 8-10 pounds a month, ya I know crazy! Did lose in 2017, however went through a extremely stressful period in 2018 and then continually gained back after months of emotional eating.

Back in the swing of things now though, finally. It's taken a long time to get here emotionally and trying to focus more maintaining a healthy lifestyle and not a diet. Really is hard to change one's mindset, old habits try to rear their ugly head.

Yeah that happened to me when I was like 18, my Aunt and I would go on burger runs. However, one of them became my last when it just wouldn't go down. My body just kept rejecting it, weird! Haven't eaten red meat since.

REALLY LIKE THIS...
    "for me this is mental..the ability to persist...the ability to stay motivated in my journey...for the rest of my life is mental. We can still have what we want..control how much of it we eat or abstain from a certain food for a period of time...and have a wonderful journey in the process."

May have to print it up, as a reminded. :wink: :smiley:

Thank you so much for your reply, many pearls of wisdom. So appreciated! Love the name "Brown Sugar," BTW :smiley:

I've been to Indiana for my sister's graduation and Atlanta for my niece's graduation, awhile ago now. Have to say the food was so good, in Atlanta but waaaayyyy to hot!!! Ha, ha!

Take care.

"WE THE NORTH"

Long post alert😂😂, I started my weight loss journey 6 months after I retired (1/31/2018). I say my start weight was 288...but that was actually on 6/1/18 so I’m sure I weighed more but was too scared to get on the scale when I retired😬. For six months after I retired we were a cross between snowbirds (driving back and forth between Indiana and Georgia as we packed, moved and unpacked).

I started my journey when I joined the gym. At that time I had never heard of MyFitnessPal. The gym wasn’t foreign to me because I’d spent 25+ years as a federal law enforcement officer and we were required to maintain a level of fitness...we had yearly physicals, bloodwork and annual fitness assessments (ages based). Because I am a large framed woman I could carry the weight (or so I thought😬). I was a defensive tactics and firearms instructor and loved everything about the adrenaline my career.

Then I retired. I was ready to retire both mentally, professionally and financially but...my body’s ability to function without the adrenaline became more and more apparent as the first six months passed.

For me I needed to start with working on my cardio vascular and muscular endurance. I knew if I didn’t choose to start with that piece of the puzzle FIRST...and simply cut my caloric intake...I would loose weight BUT I would also 1) loose the motivation to workout because the scale was showing me what I wanted to see..weight loss and 2) loose an opportunity to tone my body as I was loosing weight (which can create more flab). Many people cut the calories...loose weight...then start working out...then get discouraged when they see the scale going up (because music weighs more).

From 6/1/18 to 3/18/19 (9 months) I lost 17 pounds which is about 1/2 pound a week. My goal from the beginning was 1/2 pound to 1 pound a week. I was working out 1-2 times a week.

Here’s what was holding me back...my hubby and I...newly retired in the south...we were eating out 3-5 times a week. On 3/18/19 we decided to reduce that to 1-2 times a month. We started cooking everything at home, meal prepping and packing our lunch/snacks/water in a cooler and taking it with us.

From 3/18/19 to 10/30/19 (7 1/2 months) before I learned of MFP I lost 22.8 pounds. During this period of time I started working out 5 times a week...60 minutes on the elliptical machine five days a week, a 15 minute weight workout 3 times a week and riding my bike on Saturday or Sunday mornings between 10-15 miles. While the time frame was shorter...and the weight loss was almost 6 pounds more...it was the changes in the toning of my body that really blew my mind🤯.

When I changed my eating habits I decided to allow my body to tell me when I didn’t need to eat a particular food rather than cutting it out in the beginning. This is why I really don’t see my journey as a “diet” but a lifestyle. Our eating falls more in line with the Mediterranean style of eating but the few times we eat out I will have whatever I want...until my body says “stop right there girl friend!”😂😂. That’s what happened when I ate a FiveGuys burger. My stomach was like WHAT THE HELL GIRL! So I knew that was not a good thing for me to eat ever again.

When I joined MFP it was like the icing on the cake for me mentally🥰. Conversing with like minded people like yourself who are all on the same journey has provided me with an outlet which has strengthened the mental part of this journey for me. This has been an absolutely wonderful experience because I feel like my mental relationship with food has completely changed...for me this is mental..the ability to persist...the ability to stay motivated in my journey...for the rest of my life is mental. We can still have what we want..control how much of it we eat or abstain from a certain food for a period of time...and have a wonderful journey in the process.

Thanks for sharing your journey. Your story is going to help me prepare for own "retirement"in 3 years.
  • InsanityFan1
    InsanityFan1 Posts: 50 Member
    Right about 50lbs gone
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!