February 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    @shanaber interesting about the "shake and bake". My mum was always convinced we got more earthquakes in April and October due to the change of seasons. Wonder if there is any truth to it? And we get a lot of earthquakes in NZ.

I had a lazy ish day. Went for a 3k run, then did a short strength training session, and then went for a short walk in the park before meeting up with an old friend I haven't seen in about 12 years for coffee. Just a wonderful, perfect day.

Can't believe the end of Feb is here tomorrow! Who's gonna do the march thread?

Feb 3 - 7k
    Feb 4 - 4k
    Feb 5 - 5.4k
    Feb 6 - 9k
    Feb 7 - 3k
    Feb 8 - 7k
    Feb 9 - 4.2k
    Feb 10 - 8k
    Feb 11 - 4k
    Feb 12 - 6.2k
    Feb 13 - 4k
    Feb 14 - 11.1k
    Feb 15 - 5k
    Feb 16 - 3k
    Feb 17 - 6.3k
    Feb 18 - 4.1k
    Feb 19 - 5.4k
    Feb 20 - 8.1
    Feb 21 - 4k
    Feb 22 - 8k
    Feb 23 - 4k
    Feb 24 - 7k
    Feb 25 - 4k
    Feb 26 - 5.9k
    Feb 27 - 12.6k
    Feb 28 - 3k

Total: 165.6k
    Run streak - 70 days
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Thinking about my 5 siblings makes the other side of my back seize up. 🤣 While I love them all, I only really get along with a few of them. We are all so different. I prefer each of them one on one....family gatherings are not a good idea.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,384 Member
    edited February 2020
    March Challenge has been posted here. Come and join us for a another great month of running and fun!
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10787092/march-2020-monthly-running-challenge/p1?new=1
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,384 Member
    edited February 2020
    @Tramboman - Happy Happy Birthday! 🥳
    Seeing as how no one else has guessed yet I will give it a try... I was going to say 64 but then I saw your mileage so will say 68?
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,967 Member
    Happy Birthday @Tramboman! I'm thinking you're 68. :) Way to get out there in the snowy weather. And you got us our 400 mile bib!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »
    2-1 7k easy + yoga
    2-2 11k slow
    2-3 7k easy + resistance bands
    2-4 rest + yoga
    2-5 7k slow + resistance bands
    2-6 7k slow + yoga
    2-7 rest + resistance bands
    2-8 7k easy + yoga
    2-9 8.2k moderate
    2-10 7k moderate + resistance bands
    2-11 rest + yoga
    2-12 7k moderate + resistance bands
    2-13 7k slow + yoga
    2-14 7k slow + resistance bands
    2-15 7k easy + yoga
    2-16 11k slow
    2-17 7k easy + resistance bands
    2-18 rest + yoga
    2-19 7k easy + resistance bands
    2-20 7k moderate + yoga
    2-21 rest
    2-22 7k moderate + yoga
    2-23 7k threshold
    2-24 11k slow + resistance bands
    2-25 rest + yoga
    2-26 7k moderate
    2-27 7k snowy + yoga
    2-28 6.8k easy + resistance bands

February Total: 167k
    February Goal: 140k

January Total: 161k

Mostly cloudy with occasional snowflakes, windy, and low 20s F this morning. Footing was better than yesterday, but not by a lot. Had one significant slip, but caught myself and didn't do any structural damage. Today's run was in honor of my birthday; the first person to correctly guess my chronological age will get a big MFP hug (provided I can figure out how to do emojis).

Next year when you pop in here claiming your December 2020 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs
    Run at least 4 5k races
    Get a 5k PR
    Average at least 138k per month, to meet my Run the Year pledge of 1,020 miles

Run the Year Team: Pavement Pounders

2020 races:
    4-25 Shine the Light 5k, Twinsburg, OH
    5-23 Race for the Parks 5k, Hudson OH
    6-20 Freedom Run 5k, Aurora, OH

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, @Tramboman !!!!! i AM SO GLAD YOU WERE BORN! YOUR LIFE MAKES AN IMPACT ON US AND WE ARE GRATEFUL FOR YOU!

Also, for the sake of it.

• Teresa502
    Teresa502 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Tramboman wrote: »

Mostly cloudy with occasional snowflakes, windy, and low 20s F this morning. Footing was better than yesterday, but not by a lot. Had one significant slip, but caught myself and didn't do any structural damage. Today's run was in honor of my birthday; the first person to correctly guess my chronological age will get a big MFP hug (provided I can figure out how to do emojis).

Happy Birthday! I'm guessing 63!
  • Camaramandy648
    Camaramandy648 Posts: 711 Member
    Morning!

I have "rested," allllll week because the IT band syndrome crap. Lots of stretching, lots of foam rolling, lots of strength traning focused on glutes, flexors, and hammies.

I really need a run.

Not a lot of pain today, just barely a twinge in my back hip joint. i hope it stays away for tomorrow - tomorrow is going to be 64 degrees F here and I soooooo want to get out and run. I'm getting excited.

I also would like to buy some running shorts, but I don't know what I like. I have some cute nike ones that are SO comfortable, but I don't know if they're too short and they fit as tight as leggings do, but they're shorts. I feel like I should get some that are more loose-fitting. I also want pockets. Lots and lots of pockets.

I think i have been trading pain in the IT band for pain in other areas - today it's a knot behind my right scapula (shoulder blade + I think I spelled scapula wrong). Getting old is dumb. It's a new thing every other day. That's what my elders say and it's frustrating because I think it's so preventable and I must not be doing something right.

Under Armour sent me an email for $40 off $100 - I'm sure you all got it too lol. I wonder if they have some joggers that my daughter would wear....
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    shanaber wrote: »
    @Tramboman - Happy Happy Birthday! 🥳
    Seeing as how no one else has guessed yet I will give it a try... I was going to say 64 but then I saw your mileage so will say 68?

Not only did you do all the March work, you win the hug, too.🤗!!!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    Happy Birthday @Tramboman! I'm thinking you're 68. :) Way to get out there in the snowy weather. And you got us our 400 mile bib!

@shanaber beat you by a minute, but I have a hug for my teammate 🤗.