What's on your mind?

Options

Replies

• cdubks88
    cdubks88 Posts: 3,573 Member
    Options
    I met a stranger yesterday at the laundromat. She asked if my dryer broke since she saw my wet laundry in baskets. I said it did and she goes on to tell me her house caught on fire a few months back and her machines burned down (the reason why she was there) We talked about her home. We talked about my kids. When I was leaving she hands me a $10 bill. She told me to take it and use it for my next trip to the laundromat. I was speechless. I refused the money and she insisted saying she was going away because she was in the Army and she knows the struggles mom's go through. I have been going through a few things and her act of kindness touched my soul. I accepted the money and thanked her and wished her luck in her journey. I sat in my car and cried. Someone who was also struggling felt the need to reach out..When you think you've lost faith, here comes someone to show you to keep hoping. We need more people like her in this world.

Amazing. Thanks for sharing, K. 💛
  • wwwtheselion11
    wwwtheselion11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    cdubks88 wrote: »
    Why did I have to see this? Why is it only 5 minutes away from my house? 🤤

duox654mntgh.jpg

2bxxg87zfolo.jpg

😳😳😳😳
    🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤🤤

Is that my favorite cake.? Elvis cake.
    Chocolate cake with peanut butter and chocolate on top. Yumminess my fav
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    I apologize for saying that cats are worthless and have no lifesaving skills; I stand corrected.

200.gif

although, to be fair..... all it did was save another cat, and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • LeannJeffers
    LeannJeffers Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I have a cold... congestion upon waking up and very mild after. The worst part is I constantly feel like I'm going to sneeze..
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,158 Member
    Options
    My PSA for the day. It may be too early to say for sure but I’m really loving the $5 version on the right and I’ve been using the almost $50 version on the left for a few years now. I’m not calling it a dupe but a great alternative perhaps.
    g3ymtpv2zk3x.jpeg
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options
    Dad has an MRI to track how his Parkinsonism has progressed over a year. I'm not expecting good news. I'm telling myself it is what it is, there's nothing I can do to change the course of this disease so I just need to accept what comes, and not lose my head.

My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's many years ago. Don't be scared many of the symptoms can be managed with good meds. Dad has lived a good life and honestly Parkinson's has impacted it but not too profoundly. He has a stiff kind of walk and difficulty swallowing sometimes.
    I'm not trying to minimise what is a serious disease, some have mild symptoms some not. I'm just saying.. dont lose your head 🙂
  • asthesoapturns
    asthesoapturns Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Dad has an MRI to track how his Parkinsonism has progressed over a year. I'm not expecting good news. I'm telling myself it is what it is, there's nothing I can do to change the course of this disease so I just need to accept what comes, and not lose my head.

My dad was diagnosed with Parkinson's many years ago. Don't be scared many of the symptoms can be managed with good meds. Dad has lived a good life and honestly Parkinson's has impacted it but not too profoundly. He has a stiff kind of walk and difficulty swallowing sometimes.
    I'm not trying to minimise what is a serious disease, some have mild symptoms some not. I'm just saying.. dont lose your head 🙂

Thanks. I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well! Dad was diagnosed with CBD Parkinsonism last year which is both resistant to medication, and typically terminal within 8yrs. He is on medication anyways, weren't He seems to have developed increased issues swallowing and communicating but his spirits are good!
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,452 Member
    Options

Thanks. I'm glad to hear your dad is doing well! Dad was diagnosed with CBD Parkinsonism last year which is both resistant to medication, and typically terminal within 8yrs. He is on medication anyways, weren't He seems to have developed increased issues swallowing and communicating but his spirits are good!

I'm sorry 😔 Its good that his spirits are up though..
    Many meds were trial and error for us. I hope they find some that suit your dad.
    Tbh my dad was diagnosed so long ago I can't remember what sort it is, we just say Parkinson's.
    Best wishes to you and your dad 🙂
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I am really thankful for my internet friends. They have been there for me during some damn scary and painful times.
    I love you, my dear imaginary friends. ❤️

I can be a great imaginary friend who drinks and has more imaginary friend and then we can become a whole imaginary friend gang and take over the world 🌎!!!! Muhahahaha wait did I go to far again 🤔

Is this an invitation to join my happy imaginary family? If so... expect a friend request! haha
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    Hello goodbye
    We can work it out
    Day tripper
  • KickassAmazon76
    KickassAmazon76 Posts: 4,619 Member
    Options
    @MelG7777 I found my new bumper sticker! At first I thought it was a dirty picture and then I saw he’s fighting the empty indicator! I busted out laughing because the universe is sending me a sign. Fill your gas tank momma! Lolol. olk6zpudawk5.jpeg

This is me! I've become such a rebel now that my gas tank tells me how many kms to empty... my worst one yet is pulling into the station with 6kms left in my tank! hahah
  • cowsfan12
    cowsfan12 Posts: 6,053 Member
    Options
    It’s really true that brown rice is more filling than white rice and sates the appetite longer. It’s pretty darn good actually.

I don’t mind brown rice either .. Panda Express offers it here in lieu of fried ..
  • mommabear4315
    mommabear4315 Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    What will tonight hold for me
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I met a stranger yesterday at the laundromat. She asked if my dryer broke since she saw my wet laundry in baskets. I said it did and she goes on to tell me her house caught on fire a few months back and her machines burned down (the reason why she was there) We talked about her home. We talked about my kids. When I was leaving she hands me a $10 bill. She told me to take it and use it for my next trip to the laundromat. I was speechless. I refused the money and she insisted saying she was going away because she was in the Army and she knows the struggles mom's go through. I have been going through a few things and her act of kindness touched my soul. I accepted the money and thanked her and wished her luck in her journey. I sat in my car and cried. Someone who was also struggling felt the need to reach out..When you think you've lost faith, here comes someone to show you to keep hoping. We need more people like her in this world.

Crying too 🤗
  • honeybee__12
    honeybee__12 Posts: 15,688 Member
    Options
    I found out today that, with the exception of one woman who has already read 50 books since the start of the year, nobody I work with reads.

Even the former and current English majors hadn’t read Huckleberry Finn, The Awakening, The Hobbit, Lolita, Catcher in the Rye, The Jungle. They know what wiki has to say about some of them and they’ve watched excerpts of film adaptations of course so I’m sure it’s fine.

That is a bit shocking, seriously.
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    I found out today that, with the exception of one woman who has already read 50 books since the start of the year, nobody I work with reads.

Even the former and current English majors hadn’t read Huckleberry Finn, The Awakening, The Hobbit, Lolita, Catcher in the Rye, The Jungle. They know what wiki has to say about some of them and they’ve watched excerpts of film adaptations of course so I’m sure it’s fine.

That is a bit shocking, seriously.
    It makes me glad we had a literature rich curriculum when I homeschooled.

It also makes me think I need to add those books to our family read aloud canon