What nobody tells you about losing weight

Replies

• katsheare
    katsheare Posts: 1,025 Member
    I only have 13 pounds I want to lose and no one thinks I need to lose it but me. People don't always understand that we see ourselves differently than we are seen by others. I am very petite so to me every pound is visible. I have struggled with this 13 lbs for years but am determined to get back to a weight I have not seen in 2 decades!

Feel you here. Not sure what your tactics are right now, but it might be a brilliant time to start looking at your strength/cardio regime. Just for me, incorporating HIIT was massive in how my body looked, regardless of the number on the scale.

You may also want to check out this thread: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/977538/halp-heavy-lifting-made-me-supah-bulky/p1 It (and a couple of regular MFP forum posters who I HUGELY admire) are the reason I now own free weights.
  • Jeff_Loughboro
    Jeff_Loughboro Posts: 7 Member
    I need to regularly remind myself that getting out of bed, bending down, going up stairs, and various other activities used to not be this easy. It's easy to forget and make my current abilities my new normal and forget that it used to not be this way.

Amen. I did a long walk, a weights session with my PT and hot yoga today. I had a brief moment walking home from the hot class this evening, “I’m soaking wet with sweat, a bit chilled, everything aches a little, and I’m bone tired through and through. Does this ever end?”

And I had to pull myself up short and say, “No it doesn’t! And you should be pretty damn grateful for this gift you’ve been given. No, earned.!”

I agree:
    Nobody gets what they deserve on faith alone.
    ...the BEST part of my yoga class is when it ends :)
    Also note (to self): the push-ups I did yesterday are for yesterday - and it doesn't hurt to keep the donuts out of my face!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!