March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    Hello all! I'd love to join this challenge!

I'm Jen. I've run six half marathons and upteen other races of less mileage but was in an accident three years ago that stopped me in my tracks. After a grueling recovery, I am FINALLY running again! YAY!!! I'm signed up for two 8k's, a 10k and a 5 miler this year, as well as a couple of obstacle 5k's. I live in the Virginia Beach area :)

Welcome!
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @bigblues11
    Wow....that's fantastic that you are back and getting into running again! Good for you!
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    bearly63 wrote: »
    I Had my MRI today. I am claustrophobic so 20 minutes was creepy. Thank god for yoga breathing!
    It was a “chamber of commerce day” here and I am truly struggling with being in the gym for cardio so I went for a 6 mile walk. That definitely lifted my mood. B)

3/1 -7 miles - ouch😆
    3/2 -Yoga
    3/3 -Strength training/cycle
    3/4 – Cardio Medley – Rower,Stairstepper,Bike,Elliptical
    3/5 – 6 mile walk

I hope you ❤️ get results soon. Waiting is the hardest part...at least I think so...
  • emmamcgarity
    emmamcgarity Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    bigblues11 wrote: »
    Hello all! I'd love to join this challenge!

I'm Jen. I've run six half marathons and upteen other races of less mileage but was in an accident three years ago that stopped me in my tracks. After a grueling recovery, I am FINALLY running again! YAY!!! I'm signed up for two 8k's, a 10k and a 5 miler this year, as well as a couple of obstacle 5k's. I live in the Virginia Beach area :)

Welcome!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »
    @noblsheep Hey good to hear from you. How are things over there? Life at all getting back to normal?

Slowly yes. But the company still doesn't need us back, and I don't need to leave the house for anything but running. All this staying at home is driving me stark nuts. :/

Great to hear! Running with a mask sounds dreadful.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    noblsheep wrote: »

Today's run was an experiment in running with a face mask. I've been wearing a mask when cycling, and the air quality today wasn't the best so I thought, how bad can it be?

Well I finished the run feeling a bit out of breath but not too bad, and Garmin tells me I had an average HR of 170, peaking at 209. What??? I didn't even know I could go that high. What do you guys think? Buggy hardware? Or did I actually do that without feeling much?

It is possible. With restricted air, your system would have been struggling to keep up. Assuming you had your watch on tight enough not to move around, and it normally works fine for you, the reading was probably correct. Keep an eye on it, and next time it reads that high, check your pulse manually. If it really is at 209 it will be easy to find and do. You should get a number within a few beats of it, with the caveat that stopping to measure your pulse means your heart will start slowing down fairly quickly.
  • Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,224 Member
    Options
    7lenny7 wrote: »
    This year's finishers award for the Sandlot Marathon has been revealed!
    Finishers receive a miniature baseball bat!
    lmpcr5ldkwm3.jpg

That is pretty awesome! Kinda sad I’ll be wandering around Moab instead.