March 2020 Monthly Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing contacts for so long I am of no help. I have an astigmatism so sometimes I can feel them when I first put them in but they usually self adjust or I adjust them (they have little lines on them for the astigmatism and need to sit a certain way). I also can look as I put in my right eye but my left I need to look away as I put them in. It's weird. *shrugs*

They also now have transition contacts. I have not tried those yet.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @kgirlhart I'm cutting back, but trying to go some days without any at all. Yesterday I had one cup of tea in the afternoon. I'll probably do that again today. My body is just used to much, much more. :s
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    March Goal: 90 Miles

3/1: 7.62 miles
    3/2: 5.05 miles
    3/3: 5.02 miles

17.69/90 miles completed for March

216.77/1000 miles for Run the Year Team Pavement Pounders

I ran 5 miles again this morning. It was really nice at 59°F and just a light wind. It was more humid than yesterday, but not too bad. It is supposed to rain today and the sky was spitting at me some, but I didn't have any real rain. It is really supposed to start this evening and be rainy all day tomorrow so that is why I ran yesterday and will have my rest day tomorrow. I'm glad I did since it was so nice yesterday. My run this morning was really nice. I did see a skunk at the park, but I saw him from a good distance away and he was in a hurry to get wherever he was going and didn't even notice me. I was able to wear shorts and a t-shirt today. It is supposed to be 40°F again on Thursday for my run so who knows what I'll wear then.

exercise.png

2020 races:
    5/16/20: Run for 57th AHC Half Marathon

It's 75 here today and we're getting out now, partially sunny. Rain here tomorrow but I'm still planning to run in it (we'll see what actually happens).
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    Does my ticker work?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    @LoveyChar I don't see a ticket in your post.
  • polskagirl01
    polskagirl01 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    Does my ticker work?
    Nope, try to copy/paste it in again.
  • bearly63
    bearly63 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648
    What a great way to celebrate 35! I agree that is so important to model for your kids that you are celebrating! And you are raising sweet, empathetic kids so keep it up!!! Happy 35th🎂

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    7.2 miles today. There are raccoons in my attic, again.

@LoveyChar I use the middle portion of the code in the first block. Here's a screenshot of the portion I copy and paste to use my ticker.

nj5n5cn9zzb8.png

exercise.png
  • Scott6255
    Scott6255 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    @Camaramandy648 Happy birthday! Madison sounds like a sweet girl!!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Something about contacts, you have to get fitted properly for them. So you can't just get your prescription and buy cheapie elsewhere. You can do some damage to your eyes that way - or so I've been told.

You can absolutely find a cheaper place online to buy prescription contact lenses. Wherever I ordered mine from was even cheaper than WalMart's price. You do need to scan or photograph the prescription, though. It would be a bad idea to buy from any place that didn't ask for the prescription.

*The prescription includes fitting specifications.

Hmmmm ill look into this. Who does it, must ship to NZ.

Have to ask for my prescription now!
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Morning!

@PastorVincent the soap vs. coronavirus had me laughing out loud!

@hamsterwheel6 I will for sure let you know!

Everyone else who commented on the contacts vs glasses thing - thank you! All good insight! I'll know more next week!

Today is my birthday. I am 35. I hate my birthday. It's different when both parents are dead and all of the family lives far, far away. Still, every year, I pick myself up out of the bed that I love so much (haha) and decide that when my kids are grown, I want them to know it's okay to celebrate themselves. Which means.... they have to see me celebrate myself. Since I don't want to make a cake today, or cook a meal, when I get off work, we are going to my favorite bakery and we will each pick out one sweet item and savor it and then we will go see The Call of the Wild. Then, we'll end the night with a toast. A toast to me, a toast to us. We are a pretty cool little group of three. And we have so much going for us, and so much to look forward to. The best is yet to come!

So the amazing thing that happened was that after the kids' therapy last night - Madison asked me if I would take her to walmart to buy me things for my birthday. I asked if she had any money and she said, "No, can I just use yours?" I didn't want to stamp out her fire, so I said yes. Into the abyss we went.... We left with a giant bag full of birthday things and I wasn't allowed to see anything. When we got home, I had groceries to put away, lunches to pack, baths to make kids take.... It was bedtime! I just knew she would be over-tired, not get up on time, and all that birthday stuff would sit in the bag for a year (she has a lot off attention deficit that accompanies her other diagnoses - this was not a judgement of her character or good nature). Well! When I woke up this morning at 5, she had shut my bedroom door and I could hear her in the kitchen working away!

When I came out, she had turned on the coffee pot for me, even! Cookies, streamers, hugs, and even the dog was in a party hat! I am so, so, so proud of her! She said, "I just wanted to do what you do for us because it is so special."

Pretty cool, huh? :)

Also, I wish I could run 35 miles for my 35th. But there won't be time. The new girl called in and i have double the workload + birthday festivities so I probably won't run today at all. That's okay. Another day is fine.

Happy Birthday!!! What an amazing daughter you have! And celebrate yourself is a HUGE lesson to teach your children.
  • LoveyChar
    Options
    7.2 miles today. There are raccoons in my attic, again.

@LoveyChar I use the middle portion of the code in the first block. Here's a screenshot of the portion I copy and paste to use my ticker.

nj5n5cn9zzb8.png

exercise.png

Thank you...!!! No idea what the hell I'm doing until now, so thank you ❤️!
  • Avidkeo
    Avidkeo Posts: 3,190 Member
    Options
    Ah having such a bad start to the month. Basically eating around maintenance for the last few days, and tracker is showing a bit of fluid retention sigh.

Went out for 8k this morning, just missed the rain - would have really liked it its a bit humid atm. Was a nice run. I really did need to do a short run yesterday, so somewhat grateful for the gear malfunction lol.

Really hanging out for the weekend now! I have 3 days off and I can't wait!

Mar 1 - 4k
    Mar 2 - 8. 1k
    Mar 3 - 2.5k
    Mar 4 - 8k

March total 22.6k

Run streak - 75 days
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options

@janejellyroll haha yes, she is ADORABLE and I am SO proud of her. One thing with some kids that have autism is that they are naturally very self centered and lack the ability to empathize or consider others’ feelings. They’re not “selfish,” it’s just that it doesn’t occur to them to place themselves in others’ shoes. It’s too abstract and therefore, not considered. This, of course, is a learned behavior. So it’s an absolute breakthrough for Madison, today. It proves that she is learning, growing, overcoming. I couldn’t be more elated.

@Camaramandy648 Happy birthday! And that right there ^^^ is probably the best present a mother could get!
    Now, as others have said, eat your cake then go run 3.5 miles :-D
  • LoveyChar
    edited March 2020
    Options
    I'm all kinds of special today, sorry.
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,997 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday @Camaramadny648! Sounds like a pretty special day you have planned. Your daughter was very sweet. Happy for the breakthrough for her. 😀