Team WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - September forum 1

Options

Replies

• lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    WEEK ONE - FOOD CHALLENGE

Daily Challenges:

Thursday 9/1 - Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenge..
    Friday 9/2 - Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenge 100 oz on a hot day was perfect!!
    Saturday 9/3 -
    Sunday 9/4 -

Weekly Challenge:

Complete any 5 of the following challenges:

No alcohol -- DID THIS Thursday,Friday --
    No fast food -- DID THIS Thursda, Friday---
    No refined sugar / soda -- HA HA HA-- I NEVER DO THIS SO DO I ALWAYS WIN???
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day -- DID THIS Thursday, Friday...
    Minimum 1 fruit per day -- DID THIS Thursday, Friday....
    Protein at every meal --DID THIS Thursday, Friday...
    No eating 2 hours before sleep -- DID THIS Thursday, Friday
    no gluten
    no dairy

Montly Challenge:

Live within your food plan! YEPPERS!
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    HEY EVERYONE!

I finally figured out what Ralph means by the daily challenge!

Here is the new Spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4IAEZ94WeKdGk0QlljSC1aQjlFVWpfd0hBX3VMV3c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0

I modified it so that you enter the number of points you earn each day (instead of comple/incomlete). You can earn 1, 2, or 3 points each day. Please see all the details on the spreadsheet...which is hopefully now, PERFECT for our tracking needs!

It even auto calculates the points earned for the week, including the pounds lost, and the TEAM POINTS total (pink row).

Ralph, I hope this helps!

Also, if you cannot open it on your phone, then just post your progress here like Ralph has written.

Thanks all!

LET'S BLOW THIS OUT OF THE WATER WITH WOMR (weapons of mass reduction!)
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MayLan
    MayLan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    I need some clarifications on this part:

"*Add 5 points for team challenge completion (captain to add/modify)"

I understood all the other points..but I don't see how these 5 points come into play.

thank you!!!!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bump: will use this format later

Daily Challenge 100 oz water

9/1 --
    9/2 -Goal =105oz meet
    9/3 -Goal =
    9/4- Goal =

Weekly Challenge

1) Get 5 fruits and Veggies of any combination
    2) Get Protein at every meal
    3) no eating 2hrs prior to sleeping
    4) No fast food
    5) No soda

Monthly challenge: live within your calories
    9/1 = meet(1280)
    9/2 = meet(1280)
    9/3 =
    9/4 =
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    I need some clarifications on this part:

"*Add 5 points for team challenge completion (captain to add/modify)"

I understood all the other points..but I don't see how these 5 points come into play.

thank you!!!!

If everyone meets their food plan each day (stays within their challenge level each day), then put "yes" on the spreadsheet or indicate it on this message board along with your results for the week, and the captain will add 5 points to the TEAM POINT total (not your total)....

Is that right ralph? That is what i read it to mean.
  • hopebuck
    Options
    WEEK ONE - FOOD CHALLENGE

Daily Challenges:

Thursday 9/1 - COMPLETE
    Friday 9/2 - 100 oz water - complete
    Saturday 9/3 -
    Sunday 9/4 -

Weekly Challenge:

Complete any 5 of the following challenges:

No alcohol - Thursday -- friday
    No fast food -Thursday -- friday
    No refined sugar / soda - Thursday -- friday
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day - Thursday
    Minimum 1 fruit per day - Thursday
    Protein at every meal _Thursday
    No eating 2 hours before sleep - Did Thursday -- friday
    no gluten
    No dairy
    No eating 2 hours before bed - Thursday -- friday

Food plan met? YES -- YES

not sure how i managed to still "meet" my food plan, but I did...NO MORE TORTILLA CHIPS!! NONE~!
  • hopebuck
    Options
    9/1 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/2 – Completed Daily, Weekly and Monthly Challenges
    9/3 –
    9/4 –
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

OK........I'll use this format from now on.

Thanks Beth :)
  • OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    9/3 –
    9/4 –
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    9/1 – Completed Weekly Challenge
    9/3 –
    9/4 –
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

BeilaLin - Yes, you are exactly right; only the team earns the 5 points of everyone completes the Monthly challenge. Thank you.
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    9/1 – Completed Weekly,Daily and Monthly Challenge
    9/3 –
    9/4 –
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

• Choirgirl37
    Options
    9/1 – Completed Daily Challenge. Failed Weekly Challenge. Failed Monthly Challenge
    9/2 –
    9/3 –
    9/4 –

Notes:

Daily Challenge: It is pretty easy to meet this daily challenge of 100 ozs of water. I set a time, and try to get the water all finished by 2AM so I'm not jumping up in the middle of the night.

Weekly Challenge: Heat index was 104 degrees. I went into a store for lottery tickets in hopes that I will never have to work again. There, I saw a Diet Sierra Mist sitting in a barrel of ice -it was cold and it had my name all over it. Failed the Soda challenge. :grumble: Also, I had some coffee creamer on 9/2 so....

Monthly Challenge: Not sure how this works. The weekly challenge and monthly challenge seem to blend together some how. I'll look through the posts again and update this later.

Update: So, after reading through the instructions etc., it seems that if one fails the weekly challenge, if follows that they automatically fail the monthly challenge. Is that right?

Overall notes: I thought about the no gluten challenge because I have allergies. I'm always putting something in my ear to scratch it and eyes itch and so does the rest of my face. I'm trying to narrow in on whether this occurs right after consuming wheat/gluten products. If so, giving up wheat products will be a challenge for sure -I may need to comprimise at first by limiting myself to no more than one serving a day and gradually phasing it out of my diet.

9/1 Even though I failed part of the challenge, I was under target calories and so happy about it :bigsmile:
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/3 – daily not meet...weekly and monthly meet
    9/4 –
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -
  • TankGirl71
    TankGirl71 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    OK, I guess I'm on the short bus. I've been updating the excel spreadsheet and not coming here.

My starting weight was 170 even.
    9/1 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/2 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
    9/3 completed daily, weekly, and monthly challenges
  • hopebuck
    Options
    9/3 – daily not met...weekly and monthly meet
    9/4 –
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

I didn't drink my water... not that worried about it. I did ok. What I AM proud of is that I went to a 3 y/o birthday party today and I AVOIDED.... DID NOT HAVE ANY ... OF THE FOLLOWING!!!

FRESH HOT HOMEMADE apple fritters (b/c party was at a cider mill)
    MY FAVE COSTCO cheese pizza
    Cupcakes... and cake.

in fact I came home from the cider mill with fresh brussel sprouts, squash, zucchini, garlic, and fresh blueberries!!! mmmmmm :)

And my LOVING HUSBAND bought a DOZEN of those dam fritters...they are still taunting me!

I am soooo happy with myself it isn't even funny!!!!!!!!
  • Pam3
    Options
    9/4 –
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

I didn't drink my water... not that worried about it. I did ok. What I AM proud of is that I went to a 3 y/o birthday party today and I AVOIDED.... DID NOT HAVE ANY ... OF THE FOLLOWING!!!

Cupcakes... and cake.

in fact I came home from the cider mill with fresh brussel sprouts, squash, zucchini, garlic, and fresh blueberries!!! mmmmmm :)

And my LOVING HUSBAND bought a DOZEN of those dam fritters...they are still taunting me!

AWESOME!!!!
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    Did not have any of the following:

Cupcakes... and cake.

I proud of you too! I'm a Costco member and i know all about their pizzas. I saw one with pepperoni larger than my fist! Heaven forbid I should stop by the cafe.

You got some great stuff from the cedar mill :-) Especially those blueberries. Yum -I love blueberries.

I had two challenges so far this week.

First, on Friday my colleagues bought breakfast of donuts and bagels to work. I was rushing that morning and did not have my normal bacon and eggs for breakfast so I was hungry by the time I arrived to work.

My second challenge came from -GUESS WHO - the husband! He made a Chicken Marrekas recipe which should have been 291 calories. After smelling it cook all night long, I was ready to dig in and willing to spend the 291 calories doing so; i did just that.

While I'm eating it, I notice that it is CHUNK FULL OF CHICKEN BREAST. So, I ask hubby if he followed the recipe to a T. That's how I learn that instead of using 2 Lbs of chicken he used 4 lbs!!! (because at the store, they only sold 1.75 lbs or 4 lbs) What was he to do? :noway: By then, I'd already eatin 1.5 servings. :noway: Why he chose the 4lbs package instead of the 1.75lb package? He says "because he wanted it to be good"

How I Overcame My Challenges:

At the office, I avoided the bagels and donuts and settled for an Atkins bar which I had stashed in my desk for such occassions. Later in the morning, I took a break to heat up a pre-made Dean's egg white, cheese, turkey, and bagel sandwhich that was frozen and tucked away in my freezer for emergencies. I had enough sense to grab one on the way out the door :smile:

I had a talk with my husband about his decision to substitue 4 lbs of chicken in the recipe instead of 2 lbs. Then, I dumped 16 fluid ozs of organic chicken stock into the remaining Chicken Marrikas. This made the dish soupy and easier to control the caloric consumption.

Next, I had to add one serving of chicken breast to my diary to make sure the overage was properly accounted for. Finally, I had to workout for 80 minutes...

Not too bady 'ey.
  • BeilaLin
    Options
    Tank Girl--Whatever works for you! Spreadsheet or this thread is fine. I think Ralph can read it just fine either way.

Choir Girl--The monthly challenge is to follow your food plan aka challenge level aka custom plan. It's whatever you set for yourself. The weekly and daily challenges are specific rules to follow each day or week (depending on the type of challenge it is...daily challenge=follow it that day....weekly challenge=follow it that week)...HOPE THIS CLEARS THE AIR :)

If one fails the weekly challenge, you do NOT fail the monthly challenge....here's how it works... you have 3 opportunities to earn points each day for a total of 3 points per day:

1 pt = follow your food plan aka monthly challenge-->this is why it was confusing to me too...the way it's named makes me think it's something you must do for the entire month in order to "complete"

1 pt = follow your weekly plan (see the weekly plan laid out for us each sunday or on the excel spreadsheet. i will try to update it as soon as i hear it from Ralph).

1 pt = follow your daily plan (see the daily plain laid out for us each sunday or on the excel spreadsheet. i will try to update it asap after ralph posts it here).

THEN you have opportunities to earn more points through weight loss at the end of the week:

1 pt / 1 pound lost

ALSO the ENTIRE TEAM WOMR has an opportunity to earn 5 points if EVERY PERSON was able to follow their MONTHLY PLAN aka food plan for EVERY DAY of that week....this 5 points goes to the TEAM, not the individual's points.

Hope that clears it up!

Here's the new spreadsheet revised with more clarifications in case if people are still confused:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Au4IAEZ94WeKdGk0QlljSC1aQjlFVWpfd0hBX3VMV3c&hl=en_US&pli=1#gid=0
    I guess it makes sense to bookmark it or add to favorites for your reference on the weekly/daily challenges and the challenge level you chose.
  • lisabstrong
    lisabstrong Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    9/4 –
    9/5 –
    9/6 –
    9/7 -

Cupcakes... and cake.

Good Job and think of those Fritters yearning for the garbage can!!!
  • rraallpphhccuurrtt
    Options
    WEEK TWO - FOOD CHALLENGE

DAILY CHALLENGES:
    9/5 - Meatless Monday (100% veggie day)
    9/6 - No Gluten
    9/7 - 120 oz water
    9/8 - No processed foods / 100% natural foods only
    9/9 - No processed sugar
    9/10 - Protein with every meal
    9/11- No alcohol

WEEKLY CHALLENGE:

Complete any 6 of the following challenges:

No alcohol
    No fast food
    No refined sugar
    Minimum of 4 veggie servings per day
    Minimum 2 fruit per day
    Protein at every meal
    No eating 2 hours before sleep
    No gluten
    No dairy
    No eating 2 hours before bed
    7 hours of sleep

MONTHLY CHALLENGE:
    Live within your food plan!

Remember: You be within 100 calories of your calorie limit as established by your food plan or MFP (your choice).

These challenges will get progressively harder as the weeks progress.

WEAPONS OF MASS REDUCTION - LET DO THIS!!!!