any 4'11 or 5 foot ladies out there?

123457»

Replies

• bdbchick
    bdbchick Posts: 2,434 Member
    I'm 4'10 SW 223lb GW 115lbs CW 201.3. So excited to get under 200. Almost there!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,819 Member
    i'm 5'1" and maintaining at 105 lbs.

on a separate note, what does using hashtags here on mfp do? does it do anything? just curious.
  • clairbrown6
    clairbrown6 Posts: 9 Member
    I'm 5'2
    SW 121 CW 113 GW 105
    Getting excited too finally get to my goal weight every pound counts when your small.
  • Fatimahasnain
    Fatimahasnain Posts: 91 Member
    I m 5ft age 34
    SW: 145 lbs ( after child birth, 27 June 2016)
    CW: 119.5 lbs
    GW: 110 lbs
  • christinecameron901
    christinecameron901 Posts: 31 Member
    Hi,I am 4" 11 and weigh about 117lbs.I find that I need to work twice as hard,then a woman of average height.. but have been having alot of success, tracking my calories and trying to keep active each day. I have no pics yet,just my profile pic. :smile:
  • alugo89
    alugo89 Posts: 2 Member
    Loving all the inspiration!! Does anyone else feel like it's harder for us short women to lose weight? I go to the gym with my husband and we do most of the same exercises (cardio and weights). We both wear the same heartrate monitor and he burns 900-1000 cals in an hour and I burn 500-540 usually. I get it, he's taller and heavier but it still doesn't seem fair, lol.
  • youdoyou2016
    youdoyou2016 Posts: 393 Member
    alugo89 wrote: »
    Loving all the inspiration!! Does anyone else feel like it's harder for us short women to lose weight? I go to the gym with my husband and we do most of the same exercises (cardio and weights). We both wear the same heartrate monitor and he burns 900-1000 cals in an hour and I burn 500-540 usually. I get it, he's taller and heavier but it still doesn't seem fair, lol.

There is a rule of thumb that running a mile burns 100 calories. Well, for me (5') it's about 60.

I mean ... c'mon! :/
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    5'1 here.. SW 152 Jan 17 CW 135 GW 110? Stuck for the last month maintaining due to a little laziness and a try at low carb diet again...I'm always too hungry to stay at 1200 cals on low carb...idk, but I'm tracking cals again (very sporadic during the last month ish of low carb :neutral: ) and I've started riding my exercise bike again. I'll be 35 soon and I really want to be at 132 and give myself the gift of a healthy bmi :wink:
  • veedeezy1
    veedeezy1 Posts: 1 Member
    You guys are such inspiration! I'm 4'11 and 148 pounds. I have STRUGGLED to lose just 2 pounds. Any tips are extremely welcome. I'm a mother of 3 and work full time so 'at home' exercise routines are my best bet. I would love to be 110 lbs
  • 4 ft 11 , 117lbs
  • ckelly2016
    ckelly2016 Posts: 14 Member
    4'10 sw:115 cw:116.5 sigh gw: anywhere btwn 95-100.

I feel the best at 100 but I've been 95 before the freshman 15. Then I gained weight from bc (iud). It is a lot harder to lose weight for our height... But I've learned it's a lot easier to get full too especially if you're eating healthy. So 1200 isn't horrible.

I do find that I constantly eat below 1200. Of course not on purpose but it happens
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    LOVE this thread! I would love to have some shorty friends :)
    I'm 4'9"; HW: 179+, CW (August 1): 153, GW: 125-129
    My next WI is on August 31, and I really hope to be in the 140s by then. My first mini goal is 147 since it was my highest weight in college. I haven't seen that number in a looooooong time. I definitely can relate to struggling even for a small loss, especially when I get to the low-150s and again in the low-130s for some reason. A few extras really add up quickly when you're shorter.
  • PowerliftingMom
    PowerliftingMom Posts: 430 Member
    edited August 2017
    zbvmdifyd6az.jpg

I'm 58 years old, 5' tall. It's really hard to compare yourself to someone else. I have a "large" frame. I used to weigh 105 lbs. for years but I looked like I weighed closer to 120 lbs. I was literally starving myself on a 1200 calorie trying to get down to 105 lbs. again. I never looked thin. I went from 166 lbs. to 113 lbs. when I started my actual weight loss journey but got into powerlifting and did a bulk because I started to lose strength. I'm currently 137 lbs. and feel so much healthier and, of course, much stronger. I just qualified last weekend for one of the biggest powerlifting meets. The number you see on the scale is just that "a number". It doesn't tell you how much muscle mass, fat, etc. you have. Your weight will vary daily depending on how much water you consume, sodium intake, etc.
  • Mr18wilson
    Mr18wilson Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. 4'11 went from 123 down to 114( due to being ill). I would like to make a point. The number on the scale does not matter. It is about your health. Some of you ladies that are my size tend to think being 90 lbs is a healthy goal weight, are a bit unrealistic. We are WOMEN. 90 lbs is okay if you're this height and 12 years old. We gain muscle as we mature to young adulthood. It all should depend how you FEEL. It does not matter if you still have a little flab at 110 lbs. WOMEN are naturally supposed to carry some healthy fat on them so in case you get sick like me, you wont be emaciated. I admit before I was a little pudgy at 123 lbs even though I lost weight im still within a healthy weight range. See my point?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!