Keto

This is going to be impossible for me! I need quick abs easy meals and I love bread and carbs! 🤦🏼‍♀️

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,846 Member
    sardelsa wrote: »
    I think OP meant to say "quick and easy" but I could be wrong!

Aha! That makes more sense. I thought she meant "quick abs [and] easy meals."
  • xxxpopeyexxx
    xxxpopeyexxx Posts: 39 Member
    edited March 2020
    probably should go low carb, @100 grams/day, but still lose the bread. it's of limited nutritional value. vegetables are quick and easy. just needs proper dressing and/or seasoning. as are nuts, legumes and dairy.
  • MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I think OP meant to say "quick and easy" but I could be wrong!

Aha! That makes more sense. I thought she meant "quick abs [and] easy meals."

:D well that's the dream isn't it!!

Oh quick abs sounds better.
  • xxxpopeyexxx
    edited March 2020
    probably should go low carb, @100 grams/day, but still lose the bread. it's of limited nutritional value. vegetables are quick and easy. just needs proper dressing and/or seasoning. as are nuts, legumes and dairy.

Limited nutritional value? Mine gives me 8g of protein and 6g of fibre among other things. Not to mention I love it, it gives me energy, keeps me full and is a great vehicle for my peanut butter and jam.

ok, now compare it to a half cup of cooked spinach or cruciferous vegetable, not to mention what it does to blood sugar levels.

bread is not compatible with a keto diet. one slice contains half a days carbo's allowed.
  • xxxpopeyexxx
    Lillymoo01 wrote: »

Or keep the bread if it is something you enjoy and something you know you will crave if you don't have it. The best way of losing weight is the one that you can adhere to long term, well into maintenance. It isn't just about losing weight but how to keep that weight off indefinitely once you achieve your goal. Don't make changes that you know you won't stick with. This just leads to yoyo dieting for most.

by that way of thinking, why give up anything you crave if it's going to cause discomfort. and why even make changes to your diet or lifestyle at all.

there was once a time when i thought there were many foods i couldn't live without, including ice cream, starchy vegetables, pasta, and bread too. that was until i found out i could live without them.

of course it'll take time to overcome cravings, and instead follow your good sense, and choose nutritionally dense foods. it won't happen overnight. but replacing the junk with nutritionally dense lower carb food should still be a long term goal. and until that time happens portion control should be exercised.

Exactly, why arbitrarily give up anything you crave if you feel better moderating it? That's how I lost the weight. I didn't give up anything, but I changed how much and/or how often I consume it. Some things felt better to lightly moderate, other things felt better to strictly moderate. If it causes less discomfort than the alternative but the end result is the same, why pick the harder route?

I mean, yes, anyone can give up anything they choose and get used to that, but the question is: do they need to? Does it make their life easier? Is the change sustainable? Will being exposed to these foods feel harder or easier when they give them up (like in the case of social eating, for example)? All of these questions are worth asking because the best change is the easiest change you can make to achieve your goal and sustain it.

Giving up bread and starchy carbs, in my case, would interfere with my goal of weight maintenance because they fill me up the most and I'm more likely to feel hungry without them.

i'm not saying you can't lose weight on other diets, but bread is simply not compatible with the op's keto diet or even low carb diet. it contains too many carbs.

i started out on a low calorie diet, low fat diet, and did lose weight, but my diet was lacking important nutrients, while consuming to much of the of the not so good nutrients like sodium and sugar, and i also felt like i was half starving myself all the time. once i changed to low carbohydrate and higher fat, i was able to eat a much higher quantity of food, enabling me to obtain high amounts of all the important nutrients, and never feel hungry. i completely lost every trace of my love handles, and have the body type of a fit 19 year old, and a bmi in the 19 range.

to maintain lean weight in a healthy way, you need to emphasize food quality first of all.

500 calories from bread and 500 calories from an avocado and a few eggs are entirely different. they have the same amount of energy, but the nutrients found in avocado and eggs far exceed the minuscule amount of nutrients that bread has. on keto, Meat Fish Dairy Eggs Vegetables Fruit (especially avocado, olives, berries) are acceptable.

• xxxpopeyexxx
    ladyreva78 wrote: »

Limited nutritional value? Mine gives me 8g of protein and 6g of fibre among other things. Not to mention I love it, it gives me energy, keeps me full and is a great vehicle for my peanut butter and jam.

ok, now compare it to a half cup of spinach or cruciferous vegetable, not to mention what it does to blood sugar levels.

bread is not compatible with a keto diet. one slice contains half a days carbo's allowed.

Carbs = energy source
    Fat = energy source

Personally, I can't have more than 60g fat/day due to malabsorption issues (not worth the GI-Distress that causes). I can push it to 70g on a good day. But not 2-3 days in a row.

If I already have to restrict one energy source, why in the world would I severely restrict a second one just because someone thinks bread is some kind of evil? I want to lose weight, not end up malnourished.

Keto is not a universal truth. It doesn't suit everyone. Just because it suits your life, doesn't mean that it will suit everyone else.

the op made no mention of having malabsorption issues, nor did i say a keto or low carb diet is for everyone. this thread relates to the op, who title the thread, keto. if you wish to discuss your personal issues, and keto, maybe start a thread on it.