Guys/Girls: What is your real opinion on..

Options

Replies

• tinak33
    tinak33 Posts: 9,883 Member
    edited March 2020
    Options
    Ladies...

I hear brains are important... But what if he's just not a smart guy?

Is that really a deal breaker? 🤷🏽‍♂️

Depends on what you call smart.
    People have different ideas of what they think is smart or intelligent. My idea of a smart guy might be an idiot to someone else.

But if I think the guy is dumber than a box of rocks.... I won't date him. lol I can't. I would rather watch grass grow....
  • martianspuds
    martianspuds Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

There are multiple kinds of intelligence, and as long as he exhibits at least one form, I've found I'm able to be attracted to a guy who is barely average in terms of old-fashioned gray matter.

As with many things in life, what tends to matter most is how he uses what he's got.
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Mr_Healthy_Habits Posts: 12,588 Member
    Options
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    What do men really think about women who work vs stay home? For guys that want their woman to work, are you really ok with doing 50% of the housework or just hope your woman will end up doing most of it......?

I prefer her to not work and maintain the home and kids... That's just me tho

What happens when the kids are older? I'm not arguing this...I have a totally different lifestyle. But I often wonder about this as quite a few of my acquaintances are moms of teens and college kids, but have never worked.

At that point... It's really going to be up to her...
    I'd like to see her do something that she loves to do or work on school or something... Rather than go to work doing something she would hate...

Like a side business or something
  • TwitchyMacGee
    TwitchyMacGee Posts: 3,120 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

I love smart, open-minded men. Women too but in a different way
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    1sphere wrote: »
    tinak33 wrote: »
    And on the flip side - frankly, most of the guys I've known who lump themselves into the "nice guys finish last" category have not been nearly as nice as they believed themselves to be.

This is very true. It is not that women don’t want guys who are nice. They want someone with a cool personality who they are attracted to. Some guys are just all around unappealing but try to label themselves nice to blame women for their lack of success.

Exactly.
    That's manipulative and narcissistic. Can't be his fault, must be all the women he dates not seeing how great he is.

Any guys who uses "nice guys finish last" when I am dating him, I immediately second guess my decision to date him further.....

Same! It they are truly nice, then their actions will show it.
    I despise this kind of guy who just puts on a facade, and not only that but is manipulative. The greedy narcissist.

Sounds like there might be a backstory and I’m here for it
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Ladies...

Guys in dress shirts... The third button undone, sexy or no?

How many chest hairs peeking out? 🤔

New question...

Shaved or hairy chest? 🤔

Hairy chest. Extra points if he doesnt mind if I grab a handful. Other manscaping is appreciated.
  • GettinLean19
    GettinLean19 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    tinak33 wrote: »
    And on the flip side - frankly, most of the guys I've known who lump themselves into the "nice guys finish last" category have not been nearly as nice as they believed themselves to be.

This is very true. It is not that women don’t want guys who are nice. They want someone with a cool personality who they are attracted to. Some guys are just all around unappealing but try to label themselves nice to blame women for their lack of success.

Exactly.
    That's manipulative and narcissistic. Can't be his fault, must be all the women he dates not seeing how great he is.

Any guys who uses "nice guys finish last" when I am dating him, I immediately second guess my decision to date him further.....

Same! It they are truly nice, then their actions will show it.
    I despise this kind of guy who just puts on a facade, and not only that but is manipulative. The greedy narcissist.

Sounds like there might be a backstory and I’m here for it
    I don’t have any decent story, but I was horrified with a guy I had to work with one time. His mind was latched to perversion and dark chit. Kind of a dodgy guy, but he probably wasn’t even as bad as some others out there

Uh huh, sounds terrible. Do you have his number?
  • martianspuds
    Options
    What do men really think about women who work vs stay home? For guys that want their woman to work, are you really ok with doing 50% of the housework or just hope your woman will end up doing most of it......?

What happens when the kids are older? I'm not arguing this...I have a totally different lifestyle. But I often wonder about this as quite a few of my acquaintances are moms of teens and college kids, but have never worked.

I'd like to see her do something that she loves to do or work on school or something... Rather than go to work doing something she would hate...

To circle back to the latter part of the question posed by @nooshi713 , are you really ok with doing 50% of the housework or just hope your woman will end up doing most of it......:

I.e., after the kids have left the nest and Mrs. Healthy is now happily busy doing something she loves - do you envision that you would be sharing housework chores at that point?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options

To circle back to the latter part of the question posed by @nooshi713 , are you really ok with doing 50% of the housework or just hope your woman will end up doing most of it......:

I.e., after the kids have left the nest and Mrs. Healthy is now happily busy doing something she loves - do you envision that you would be sharing housework chores at that point?

The kids will be doing the housework 🤷🏽‍♂️.... 😂
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    AriesFL wrote: »
    I want to know what the women of MFP think on this one. If you had to be shallow, which one do you prefer. Below average height men or above average height men :o

I'm apparently right at the average height for men (5'9") so I have to say above average height. The SO is 6'9" so I think he qualifies in that category.
  • ythannah
    Options
    iMago wrote: »
    ladies of mfp

would you prefer him to be overly toxic or kinda a doormat?

(no in betweens & honest answers only pls im trynna see something)

I've known both and my honest answer is single. My tolerance for bs of either variety has diminished with age.
  • martianspuds
    Options
    Ok, fellas, here's another one for you:

What do you think of a woman being forward or assertive? This could be in terms of flirtation and dating, asking for a raise/promotion, or whatever you think fits the question. And, do your original thoughts/feelings ever change over time as she continues to exhibit this trait?

To frame things a bit - I'm not talking about overtly outrageous behavior that would be inappropriate in front of your grandmother/boss/priest/authority figure of your choosing. More like, a woman who initiates conversation first & asks you out. A woman who stands up for herself when a male gym rat tries to usurp space or equipment. Make sense?
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Do you really mean it when you say you prefer girls who don’t wear any makeup, or are you trying to sound down to earth?

No I honestly have a weakness for a bare face
  • Mr_Healthy_Habits
    Options
    Ladies...

Are you the jealous type?

Do you like it when a guy gets jealous?
  • martianspuds
    Options

The kids will be doing the housework 🤷🏽‍♂️.... 😂

WINNER WINNER CHICKEN DINNER!
    Oh you scamp you :wink:
  • ythannah
    Options
    Ladies...

I realize everyone is different so I'm curious to see what you all have to say...

Do you prefer someone who is... Shy and awkward (not creepy), or confident and cocky (bordering arrogant)?

Shy and awkward. Probably because I am.