What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,983 Member
    Italian sausage > bratwurst > Polish sausage

Very unpopular amongst my Polish friends.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member

now I want a brat...
  • eater_78
    eater_78 Posts: 13 Member

Polish sausages are the best!*

Also, sauerkraut is amazing and tea should never be spoiled by adding milk to it. Lemon is the only thing you can put in your tea. Vinegar on chips is vile

*it may have something to do with the fact that I'm Polish :smiley:
  • ibarrarocio93
    ibarrarocio93 Posts: 8 Member
    Cows milk is gross :s
  • ibarrarocio93
    ibarrarocio93 Posts: 8 Member
    kami3006 wrote: »
    I find avocado disgusting.

You take that back right now! lol
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »

GTFO. :) I find your post extremely offensive. There is nothing like a nice smoked real Polish sausage.

Unless you don't like sausage, which I generally don't. But apparently, I like reading about it because I remembered a passage from the journals of Lewis and Clark. Here is Lewis on the making of a buffalo sausage by Jean-Baptiste Charbonneau (otherwise rather useless guide and "husband" of the far more useful Sacagawea):

http://www.lewis-clark.org/article/454
  • pancakerunner
    ejbronte wrote: »

GTFO. :) I find your post extremely offensive. There is nothing like a nice smoked real Polish sausage.

Unless you don't like sausage, which I generally don't. But apparently, I like reading about it because I remembered a passage from the journals of Lewis and Clark. Here is Lewis on the making of a buffalo sausage by Jean-Baptiste Charbonneau (otherwise rather useless guide and "husband" of the far more useful Sacagawea):

3g1kyxbm2a0v.png
    these are my favorite sausages!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,965 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    hummus can co to H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS

Have you HAD homemade hummus though? From a mom or grandma's recipe? Just hand it allllll over, thanks.

My unpopular opinion: pickled turnips are amazeballs.

Yes to the pickled turnips, too. Yum.

Half-dried and pickled Daikon radishes are also so good! My host mother in Japan had those for breakfast every morning. Sadly can't seem to find them around here :disappointed:

Agreed. I don't think I've had a pickled turnip, but expect I would like them too.

That surprises me: I know you're a pretty wide-ranging and adventurous eater. Around here - still same broad zone of the country - it's kind of unusual to get a middle eastern meal without some pickled turnips on the side, or on a sandwich, or something.
  • pancakerunner
    ejbronte wrote: »

3g1kyxbm2a0v.png
    these are my favorite sausages!

You obviously never had a proper sausage :)

I have though... I come from a German, Polish AND Irish family :)
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    ladyreva78 wrote: »
    hummus can co to H-E-DOUBLE HOCKEY STICKS

Have you HAD homemade hummus though? From a mom or grandma's recipe? Just hand it allllll over, thanks.

My unpopular opinion: pickled turnips are amazeballs.

Yes to the pickled turnips, too. Yum.

Half-dried and pickled Daikon radishes are also so good! My host mother in Japan had those for breakfast every morning. Sadly can't seem to find them around here :disappointed:

Agreed. I don't think I've had a pickled turnip, but expect I would like them too.

That surprises me: I know you're a pretty wide-ranging and adventurous eater. Around here - still same broad zone of the country - it's kind of unusual to get a middle eastern meal without some pickled turnips on the side, or on a sandwich, or something.

Hmm, maybe I've had them without realizing. I've had plenty of Middle Eastern food. My go-to Middle Eastern places are Persian, and I like what I normally get, so maybe I've just missed them on the menu, too, due to not looking over them much.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,841 Member
    I like fries... even if they get cold. I might even eat them frozen. 😬
  • PaperDoll_
    Fresh fruit is disgusting covered in chocolate or dipped into fruit dip.
  • PaperDoll_
    Butter ruins vegetables.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    PaperDoll_ wrote: »
    Butter ruins vegetables.

YES! I hate when people add butter to vegetables and ruin them.

(Also side note that drives me nuts...when my family members say "oh I had a whole half plate of just veggies, I eat really healthy".... yet their idea of veggies is topped with butter or lots of oil, lol.)
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Butter ruins vegetables.

(Also side note that drives me nuts...when my family members say "oh I had a whole half plate of just veggies, I eat really healthy".... yet their idea of veggies is topped with butter or lots of oil, lol.)

I'm SO with you on the butter/vegetable 'thing'....I'm also very adverse to when people add sugar to cut up fruit...probably why I don't like strawberry shortcake. My mom would always macerate the strawberries with sugar...
  • brittanystebbins95
    brittanystebbins95 Posts: 567 Member
    Salt absolutely does NOT belong on watermelon.
  • PaperDoll_
    PAPYRUS3 wrote: »
    Butter ruins vegetables.

I'm SO with you on the butter/vegetable 'thing'....I'm also very adverse to when people add sugar to cut up fruit...probably why I don't like strawberry shortcake. My mom would always macerate the strawberries with sugar...

My mom did that too with strawberries. 😖
  • TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    Chocolate ice cream in the worst flavour. Though I love chocolate everything else.

Even the mere thought of shepherds pie makes me lose my appetite

Except Friendly's Chocolate Almond Chip! :)

• TooDamnSweet
    TooDamnSweet Posts: 63 Member
    A good margarita is a religious experience!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,299 Member
    I don't care for any restaurant food, it's too greasy & salty & overpriced. I feel a little sick after I eat it and dread when I have to eat out (yes I do have to sometime as my group meets at different restaurants)