What are some of your unpopular opinions about food?

Options

Replies

• KrazyKrissyy
    KrazyKrissyy Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Eating unprocessed foods can backfire when dieting.
  • LiLee2018
    LiLee2018 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin, butternut, spaghetti squash are disgusting if cooked in a savory manner. DISGUSTING.

Berries cooked= good.... any other fruit cooked= GROSS

• Adamf13298
    Adamf13298 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Pasta and Onions are both disgusting. Mayonnaise, Star Bucks and Krispy Kreme's are overrated. Alcohol is a waste of time, money and health. But somehow I think vegemite and Peanutbutter in the one sandwich is delicious.
  • designerdiscounts
    designerdiscounts Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Donuts are gross.

Garlic makes everything better.
  • AlettaJean
    AlettaJean Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Cilantro tastes like soap
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,553 Member
    Options
    AlettaJean wrote: »
    Cilantro tastes like soap

I second this!

Coconut and Avocado are overrated, can't stand either.
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    Kale should be eradicated from the planet

Try kale chips first! 😄
  • VegjoyP
    VegjoyP Posts: 2,710 Member
    edited January 2020
    Options
    Pizza is a stomachache, fast food is gross, store bought brand name cookies are a disappointment. Cake is useless except frosting. Bread, pasta, potato and rice are "blank boring fillers" that waste room and calories.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    Options
    I truly thought caffeine gave you cellulite. And that you had to eat Iow fat to lose weight. Diet myths of the 90s stuck in my head.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I don't like shellfish, including shrimp and lobster. I don't like mushrooms. Agree that cilantro tastes like soap.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    some more: pasta is not good, the only kind of bread worth eating is banana bread (you can keep your baguette!), there is no point in using oil in your cooking... I cringe when I see a recipe like roasted vegetables call for 1/3 cup cooking oil, salads are better without the dressing
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Sodium doesn't matter.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    RAinWA wrote: »
    I really dislike eggnog unless there is dark rum in it.

That's the only way I drink eggnog :lol:
  • kshama2001
    Options
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    lemurcat2 wrote: »
    Dunkin Donuts is meh, but I don't think it's highly rated, maybe in New England?

I was excited to try Tim Hortons since Canadians talk about it, but I thought it was meh too.

As a Canadian who has resided in the US for 18+ yrs... Tim Horton's coffee is meh, Dunkin's coffee is meh (caveat, both their dark roasts are better than regular) and McDonald's coffee is better than either.

I love McDonalds coffee. :love:

I don't know about McD's coffee, but I've found their latte very variable by location. (I love my latte because yum milk, and skim = ovo-lacto veggie protein, especially hard to get enough while traveling, so double win.) In some places, it tastes like they stored the beans somewhere too hot, so the espresso tastes harsh and bad (or maybe they've been there too long). In other places, it's fine. I went to one in the US South where nonfat was not an option, not available, not then, not ever. wtFlip?

No non-fat?!?! Yep. Weird. I have never been to the Southeast area of the US, I think maybe it is in the works for me after the New Year. Taking a cruise to the Caribbean. I will make a stop at a McD’s, I’m curious now.

FWIW. I do not like Duncan Donuts coffee. Nope, nope, nope. Sorry @AnvilHead ;)

A friend of mine loves Dunkin coffee and insisted that we get coffee there when we were on an early morning roadtrip. He did not warn me that their regular coffee apparently involves added cream and sugar -- I could have dealt with cream, but I cannot drink sweetened coffee, I think it's disgusting. I was so mad, it's weird to add something without asking. (Similarly tea=unsweetened, that should be the default. Anything added should be specified.)

Maybe Dunkins everywhere don't do that, but my friend seemed to think it was the norm.

Yes, here in Massachusetts a DD regular coffee has cream and sugar.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    JBApplebee wrote: »
    I obviously was forgetting a lot of things with molasses when I made my earlier comment...

Don't they use molasses to make brown sugar?

Yes - instead of keeping sugar, molasses, and brown sugar on hand I just have the first two and for 1 C brown sugar use 1 C white sugar plus 1 T (20 g) molasses.
  • kshama2001
    Options
    Unpopular food opinion: Stuffing is disgusting. It doesn't matter if its stove top, or made from scratch, it tastes like salty, soggy bread. Pass. Dressing too. Then it's soggy bread with nuts in it. Also gross.

I think Stove Top stuffing is gross, but stuffing made from Pepperidge Farms breadcrumbs and cooked in the turkey is the best savory thing about Thanksgiving, IMO.

The best dessert thing is pecan pie.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    Unpopular food opinion: Stuffing is disgusting. It doesn't matter if its stove top, or made from scratch, it tastes like salty, soggy bread. Pass. Dressing too. Then it's soggy bread with nuts in it. Also gross.

I think Stove Top stuffing is gross, but stuffing made from Pepperidge Farms breadcrumbs and cooked in the turkey is the best savory thing about Thanksgiving, IMO.

The best dessert thing is pecan pie.

I agree with you on the stuffing being one of the best things about thanksgiving.

As for the pecan pie? Hard pass! I think pecan pie is an abomination.
  • emeraldeyes2020
    emeraldeyes2020 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I’ve always loved sprouts 😋